Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms & Bucs close on deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: December 23, 2006, 01:11:49 PM

Given that the cap is going up and there will be very few QBs out there, that is not a bad deal at all.  Free agents of all positions this offseason will be getting some startling contracts across the board. This may look like a lot now, but it will look like peanuts a few months from now.

#1 : December 23, 2006, 04:43:26 PM

Simms' signing, as stated by SR, doesn't mean we won't target Garcia.  Simms will be coming off an injury that nearly cost him his life.  There will be questions that need answered.

The best thing about this deal is that Allen littered it with incentives allegedly.  Very smart move.  It's a win-win for TB.  Only $5M guaranteed....that $2.5M per, which is a bargain for QB's.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 23, 2006, 04:38:28 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs sign Simms, sign Garcia, trade Simms before the draft for another second rounder and go into the season with Garcia, Grads and McNown. They might tradt Rattay but I believe he's an unrestricted free agent.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 23, 2006, 06:59:09 PM

This is a panic move by Gruden and Allen, and its about damage limitation.  The Glazers will be wanting a twelvle month plan and reasons why we stunk this season, and Gruden is going to hide behind the fact we lost the starting QB to injury.  This move buys him another year but based on Simms's body of work thus far, I doubt it will be enough to turn things around.

#4 : December 23, 2006, 06:54:21 PM

BOO.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 23, 2006, 06:51:08 PM

What I heard was 2 yrs at up to $13 million with $5 million the first year so no Prefer this does not equal $2.5 million per year - either we are desperate or they think Simms is the guy and who says McNabb will be ready next year so maybe Garcia stays in Philadelphia.  Plus we don't know if Carr will be released.  Simms is a huge plus over Gradjokeski and he is just lucky this year is full of nobodys for FA's.  I would rather have Brady Quinn or even Troy Smith than Simms.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : December 23, 2006, 01:04:09 PM

this could be the move that gets gruden fired imo, or allen

he did crappy and we give him MORE money? dang i should try to be on the bucs and just do crappy so they pay me more

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 23, 2006, 12:53:43 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2707239

$5 million????  That's a bit too much, in my opinion.

He gets $2 million after his 2005 season and $5 million after his 3 game 2006 season?

Its good  to see we're taking care of our cap surplus...

#8 : December 23, 2006, 12:54:08 PM

Good to see you saw the other thread....;)

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 23, 2006, 01:27:41 PM

Given that the cap is going up and there will be very few QBs out there, that is not a bad deal at all.  Free agents of all positions this offseason will be getting some startling contracts across the board. This may look like a lot now, but it will look like peanuts a few months from now.
It's not the money that's a mistake IMO, it's the QB they're giving it too.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 23, 2006, 01:29:08 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 23, 2006, 01:31:37 PM

dont do it wait for for a look at Carr

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#12 : December 23, 2006, 01:34:10 PM

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 23, 2006, 01:36:31 PM

It's not the money that's a mistake IMO, it's the QB they're giving it too.

Garcia on the open market will command a whole lot more if that is what you are implying.  If they lock up Simms and somehow manage to sign Garcia/keep Rattay it looks like a QB in the first round (or day one ) in the draft is out of the question.  But to early to tell and nothing is set in stone.

Also if the Bucs continue make these deals at this point in time it means that Gruden/Allen will be back for another year.  I do not think the Glazers would let them use anymore money if Gruden/Allen were to be gone in 2007.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#14 : December 23, 2006, 01:40:42 PM

HELL YEAH!!!!

We have our QB for next year now. Time to move on to other needs.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms & Bucs close on deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools