Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms & Bucs close on deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 23, 2006, 02:13:42 PM

Eagles may keep Garcia. But he has a better chance of starting here over Simms than he
does over McNabb. Will he want to compete for a job or will he want to start on a
crappy team? Of course, we could be a crappy team but I hope he sees the promise
from our great draft (hoping) and other FA acquisitions.

maybe so, but there will be  ahandful of teams looking for a STARTER next season, all of which are not BAD teams.  If he wants to be promised a starting position, he won't be coming here if we sign Simms.

I hope I am wrong.

I'd like to sign Simms and trade him on draft day...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 23, 2006, 02:15:13 PM

What good teams are looking for a starter next season? Not doubting you. Just asking for
you to do the legwork. I'm too lazy to look.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 23, 2006, 02:21:45 PM

No way they can sign both Garcia and Simms.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 23, 2006, 02:23:15 PM

No way they can sign both Garcia and Simms.

Expect the unexpected. I would not rule out anything yet.  Not even Rattay can be ruled out at this point.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#34 : December 23, 2006, 02:25:04 PM

Thanks for the info ya just gave on WDAE, Jim.....deal may get done today, or next week....possibly as much as 14 mill....about 5 mill guaranteed over 2 yrs...etc. Listening intently.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 23, 2006, 04:10:46 PM

Good to see you saw the other thread....;)

You mean the one with NO link to the story?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#36 : December 23, 2006, 07:43:01 PM

MBF---You're just pissed cuz you'll have to change your sig.  All you nay sayers can go cry in ypur beer!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 23, 2006, 07:51:37 PM

This is a panic move by Gruden and Allen, and its about damage limitation. The Glazers will be wanting a twelvle month plan and reasons why we stunk this season, and Gruden is going to hide behind the fact we lost the starting QB to injury. This move buys him another year but based on Simms's body of work thus far, I doubt it will be enough to turn things around.

I just can't get down with that MJ. A panic move? I know we both dislike Simms but looking at how this year unfolded it's a good move to bring him back. Not to hand hims the starting job but enter him in the competition. Don't let the $$$ fool you, Allen isn't a fool. Simms will have to EARN the starting position, bet on that.

Hide behind what? There's nothing to hide behind, it is what it is. The Glazer's aren't stupid, they can see what's happened.

I can't wait until next year so all the Gruden conspiracy creators can simmer down.

#38 : December 23, 2006, 07:52:58 PM

MBF---You're just pissed cuz you'll have to change your sig.  All you nay sayers can go cry in ypur beer!

You'll be crying as well after Simms bombs out after 1 or 2 games.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : December 23, 2006, 07:55:40 PM

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 23, 2006, 07:57:20 PM

Simms needs to improve and show consistent progress.  He has played two or three good games for the Bucs and never really showed he can run a WCO.  If Gruden tweaks the playbook, the O-line improves and Simms executes, he has a shot, but two out of three will not get it done.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 23, 2006, 08:03:05 PM

Hey this is exactly what I think we should do. 5 Million is not much and its a 2 year deal, its all escalators....

This does not impact our pursuit of top tier FA's.

Also, depsite what some people say Simms is either stupid or he knows he can work this system. Why in the world would you sign a contract thta is laiden with escalators if you didn't think you could perform to reach those numbers?

Simms could certainly find a bigger pay day with all the cap room that will be available and all the teams in need of a QB.

No, I don't think we have our QB situation resolved but I like the move, its not expensive, it adds a QB, one that has played here before. I know he didn't perform in his 1st 3 starts the way everyone invisioned. However Simms has upside, I still believe that. You can't throw him under the boat after a miserable start, the same as you can't annoint him the savior after his previous season. We will see how this plays out but I like the move.

Baghead #2

escobar

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 23, 2006, 08:08:11 PM

MBF---You're just pissed cuz you'll have to change your sig. All you nay sayers can go cry in ypur beer!

You'll be crying as well after Simms bombs out after 1 or 2 games.

He has played more good games for us than bad games, I love how people forget that or just intentionally ignore it. The reality of the situation is that no quarterback out there whether it be FA or the draft will give us a better chance of winning next year than Chris Simms will. Not Rattay, Garcia, Gradkowski, Russel, Smith, Brohm, Carr, Quinn or any other QB I've seen mentioned here as a starter for us next year. He knows the playbook inside and out, has one of the best deep balls in the league, and when given time has shown he can get the job done very well. Look at what Tim freaking Rattay did against the Bears last weekend in what Gruden admitted was our best pass protecting day of the season. Had Simms had his entire starting O-line at the beginning of the season injury free who knows if things would have been different? I personally believe the romping we suffered against the Ravens on opening day rattled his nerves and gave him happy feet. Throw a good or even average O-line in front of him and next year we will be forgetting all about this nightmare of a 2006 season.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 23, 2006, 08:10:08 PM

GARCIA is our man!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 23, 2006, 08:30:04 PM

keep gloating now but when Simms lays a big turd again don't come crying here.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms & Bucs close on deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools