Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JC510

Practice Squad

: August 24, 2008, 12:03:58 PM

I can't be the only one that sees this. Graham has nothing in those legs except power. They gave him a toss last night and it was just pathetic. Dunn doesn't have much left except being a reliable pass catcher. He's not a threat running.

Against Pats, 1st half behind #1 line
Dunn and Graham- 8 carries, 25 yards, 3.1 ypc
Bennett- 8 carries, 57 yards, 7.1 ypc.

Against Jags
Dunn and Graham- 10 carries, 19 yards, fumble.
Bennett- 5 carries, 24 yards, 4.8 ypc.

Bennett is a threat in the running game, and he doesn't dance and get tackled for a loss. He hits the hole and goes.

Bennett needs to be featured and Graham needs to be saved for short yardage and 4th qtr. Featuring Graham early in the game is keeping this offense in the leather helmet era.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 24, 2008, 12:06:14 PM

I think Graham will be fine but Dunn worries me from what I have seen so far.

#2 : August 24, 2008, 12:07:53 PM

Bennett has surprised me with his ability to run inside but I'll reserve judgement on whether he's the better of the three when the real bullets start flying.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : August 24, 2008, 12:08:10 PM

I was a little annoyed with how we didn't use Bennett at all with Graham and Dunn. He has easily been one of the most impressive players this offseason, and it is like the caching staff is ignoring him.

My only other thought could be they plan on using him later on in games after Graham and Dunn have worn down the deense a little bit.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 24, 2008, 12:08:41 PM

Hey JC,
Ever heard of the Regular Season??

When the time comes for the real game to be played, expect Dunn and Graham to step up and perform like they have in the past.  Can the same be said for Bennett?  I sure hope so.  he has looked extremely good the last two games, but you rarely lose a starting position in training camp when the most carries go to third string backs like Bennett.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 24, 2008, 12:13:02 PM

I like Graham plenty, but there's no doubt Bennett has the highest ceiling. We'll see what happens in the regular season. None of the healthy backs has a contract or draft status to dictate who plays so whoever gets it done on the field will play.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 24, 2008, 12:19:25 PM

If Bennett is third string...........things are looking good in the running game.

Nigtronix

Second String

#7 : August 24, 2008, 12:26:31 PM

I am a Bennett fan, I have been since I heard we got him last year. But I cant look at those stats and say they tell any kind of story. Graham and Dunn have got most of there carries vs 1st team defense, as were bennett is more 2nd team defenses. Remember more than anything it PRESEASON, Bennett wants to prove something what do Dunn and Graham have to prove? That being said, That doesnt mean I dont think he has the ability to out perform Dunn and Graham and be more productive. I have to see him in regular season.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 24, 2008, 12:30:32 PM

If Bennett is third string...then the RBs should be strong. But, seeing them play on the field....Bennett does not look 3rd string.
He looks like the stud RB that the fans are looking for to lead the BUCS.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : August 24, 2008, 12:34:48 PM

Bennett is playing the best right now, but hey it's preseason. I am definitely drafting him in the 14th round of my fantasy draft though. This guys has way to much speed and home-run hitting potential to pass up. Graham will most likely be the goal line back all season.

12thbuc

Starter

#10 : August 24, 2008, 12:43:41 PM

I am a Bennett fan, I have been since I heard we got him last year. But I cant look at those stats and say they tell any kind of story. Graham and Dunn have got most of there carries vs 1st team defense, as were bennett is more 2nd team defenses. Remember more than anything it PRESEASON, Bennett wants to prove something what do Dunn and Graham have to prove? That being said, That doesnt mean I dont think he has the ability to out perform Dunn and Graham and be more productive. I have to see him in regular season.
actually alot of Bennets carries are against 1st

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : August 24, 2008, 12:45:31 PM

Hey JC,
Ever heard of the Regular Season??

Bennett had a 4.6 ypc for us with two 20+ yard TDs last season in very little playing time.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 24, 2008, 01:14:56 PM

Bennett played great in the short time last year and is now proving to be a threat. There's no way Gruden can keep him off the field

kmitchell

Starter

#13 : August 24, 2008, 01:16:34 PM

I heard somewhere Bennett is one of the fastest players in the NFL. Something about a 4.19 40? I think we have the 2 fastest players in the league. Now we need to start recruiting some KR and PR players from the athletes doing the hurdles in the olympics.

#14 : August 24, 2008, 01:35:55 PM

I heard somewhere Bennett is one of the fastest players in the NFL. Something about a 4.19 40?

Looking at Bennett run as of late, i have a hard time believing he's anywhere near close to that anymore.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools