Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#15 : August 25, 2008, 04:44:50 PM

I think people forget that Bennet has accomplished more than Graham in his career. He's really being put through the paces this preseason, and I don't see it being because he's #3...

i agree! If Bennett keeps it up I think you see a lot less of Graham. More from the speedster.

#16 : August 25, 2008, 04:42:23 PM

I think people forget that Bennet has accomplished more than Graham in his career.  He's really being put through the paces this preseason, and I don't see it being because he's #3...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 24, 2008, 05:26:30 PM

Dunn and Graham both put the ball on the ground yesterday. Bennett will get his chance.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#18 : August 24, 2008, 05:40:39 PM

I heard somewhere Bennett is one of the fastest players in the NFL. Something about a 4.19 40? I think we have the 2 fastest players in the league. Now we need to start recruiting some KR and PR players from the athletes doing the hurdles in the olympics.

Throw in Dexter Jackson and we have 3 of the fastest players in the league.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 24, 2008, 05:47:42 PM

Bennett will make the team. There is no doubt about that. But he's also been getting far more carries than Graham or Dunn.

I see Bennett as being useful late in the games. He'll have fresh legs, lots of speed, and with defenses tired he has a good chance of taking some to the house this year.

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : August 24, 2008, 06:11:43 PM

I see Bennett as being useful late in the games. He'll have fresh legs, lots of speed, and with defenses tired he has a good chance of taking some to the house this year.

That's where I disagree and think the problem is. Bennett's ability will put up more yardage and ultimately more points. He just makes more plays. That's why I think he must get carries early in the game instead of Graham, Graham's style would be perfect for the 4th qtr where he can run downhill on a tired defense, exactly like he did vs the Rams when he was fresh and they were out of gas. Even if he's not as good as he was that day, his 4 yard gains are perfect for running out out the clock.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#21 : August 24, 2008, 07:15:58 PM

I think we'll go run heavy this year anyways and so there will be plenty of carries to go around. There's a use for all these guys, really. Clearly Bennett is the most explosive, though.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 24, 2008, 07:22:27 PM

Bennett make his line look good.  His lateral movement is far better than Dunn or Graham.   

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 24, 2008, 07:22:46 PM

I think Bennet has taken over as Mr. August.  You same people were clamoring for Graham in the preseason as well when the plan is clearly to get Bennett reps, make sure he can pick up the blitz, and run between the tackles.  Why expend energy on Garham and Dunn as you know they will both be here and get the bulk of the carries...Come on guys...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

blitz

Pro Bowler
#24 : August 24, 2008, 07:27:24 PM

I think Bennet has taken over as Mr. August.  You same people were clamoring for Graham in the preseason as well when the plan is clearly to get Bennett reps, make sure he can pick up the blitz, and run between the tackles.  Why expend energy on Garham and Dunn as you know they will both be here and get the bulk of the carries...Come on guys...

Bennett did pick up the blitz nicely last night and pancaked his guy once. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 24, 2008, 07:31:30 PM

Cadillac's going to come back and outproduce all of them.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : August 24, 2008, 08:12:03 PM

I think Bennet has taken over as Mr. August. �You same people were clamoring for Graham in the preseason as well when the plan is clearly to get Bennett reps, make sure he can pick up the blitz, and run between the tackles. �Why expend energy on Garham and Dunn as you know they will both be here and get the bulk of the carries...Come on guys...

Bennett is a better pure runner than Graham,it's not even close. Whenever he's in space he's a threat to score. Graham is better in traffic, but this line (especially when Joseph comes back) isn't going to make the RB fight through traffic. The first and second levels are going to be wiped out. You saw the Patriots game. You know why it took 16 plays to score on the first drive? Because Graham and Dunn weren't doing squat running. There's no pickup in their legs. Then Bennett comes in and the team is going down the field in huge chunks because he's hitting the hole fast and coming out and shaking the hell out of guys.

Use Graham in short yardage and 4th qtr with the lead when he's going to have to fight through 8 man fronts. In the meantime, let Bennett fly.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 24, 2008, 08:37:15 PM

Glad you're enthused JC, but it won't happen that way brah...Bennett will be used in special spot duty...He'll get his carries like 5 to 8 a game but tht's it unless he's the hot hand and even then JG will pull him in favor of his different packages.  Bennett looks to have answered all of the questions surrounding him making him worthy of his roster spot, but that it bro...he's being showcased to see if he's learned te playbook and to save Graham and Dunn for the regular season...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 24, 2008, 08:41:00 PM

I thought Bennett played very well last night. especially in pass pro.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 24, 2008, 08:43:06 PM

He did, but he's not stealing any reps from anyone....

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools