Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 24, 2008, 08:43:34 PM

pre season or not what you see is what it is, Bennett is the best back right now and should be in heavy rotation.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 24, 2008, 08:47:33 PM

Ok fella's not going to create 50 pages going back and forth again I point to Graham and his play in August before getting his opportunity.  You have to earn the trust in practice, preseason, and then in games.  We know Graham is the starter and will be splitting time with Dunn...logically that doesn't leave much for Bennett...Credit Bennett for learning the playbook and becoming a realiable backup...Just like EG was...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 24, 2008, 08:49:57 PM

At this point...maybe blasphemus but I think I would rather see Bennet more than Dunn with Graham..

Madman

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 24, 2008, 09:41:12 PM

While I still trust EG will do well when the real season starts, I'm all for Bennett getting more PT than Dunn. Bennett has looked far more explosive.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 25, 2008, 07:35:56 AM

IMO all 3 are gonna see the field a lot this year. A real RBBC approach with each serving a different role in different situations.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 25, 2008, 07:44:46 AM

Ok fella's not going to create 50 pages going back and forth again I point to Graham and his play in August before getting his opportunity.  You have to earn the trust in practice, preseason, and then in games.  We know Graham is the starter and will be splitting time with Dunn...logically that doesn't leave much for Bennett...Credit Bennett for learning the playbook and becoming a realiable backup...Just like EG was...

But don't you think Gruden has learned something from EG's situation? I'm not saying Bennett will be the feature but the guy has earned some playing time this year, he's explosive and the only back the Bucs have that can score on any play. I don't think Gruden will make the same mistake he made with EG

JC510

Practice Squad

#36 : August 25, 2008, 08:26:16 AM

We know Graham is the starter and will be splitting time with Dunn...logically that doesn't leave much for Bennett...

That's the problem.

Not only does he leave yardage on the field by not getting past the 2nd level, Graham wears down at the end of the game when he's the starter. After his 20th carry his ypc was only 2.8.  So instead of having Bennett run for around 5.0 early in the game and then bring in a fresh Graham in the 4th qtr and have him run down hill vs a tired defense for close to 5.0, we're going to have Graham rush for 4.0 early and then at the end of the game when he's tired he'll only be getting 3.0.

And Lamond, if Saturday night was really a dress rehearsal for the regular season, Gruden has no intention of using Bennett. I'm pretty sure he didn't see the field until late in the 2nd qtr when Garcia was already done.

thanson

Starter

#37 : August 25, 2008, 08:40:47 AM

graham is the workhorse, bennet is the speed and dunn will be used as a wr in the flatt. they were all brought in for a specific reason

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#38 : August 25, 2008, 09:29:44 AM

IMO all 3 are gonna see the field a lot this year. A real RBBC approach with each serving a different role in different situations.

yea i can see this as the approach as well, i was out of town for the game but i think all three are going to get their share of work this yr

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 25, 2008, 10:31:38 AM

Based on the preseason....Bennett is considered behind Dunn and Graham. At this point there is probably no chance that he's used ahead of either one of those guys.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 25, 2008, 10:33:44 AM

It is all situational.  we have 3 guys that do three different things.  If it's 3rd and 1, do you want Bennett carrying the ball or Graham?  If it's short yards you need, Graham is the guy.  If we run a sweep or a reverse, Bennett is the guy.  If we need someone to catch out of the backfield, read the coverage and get some YAC, Dunn has the versatility and experience.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#41 : August 25, 2008, 01:36:26 PM

I really like Bennet as well and I hope he gets a fair amount of touches compared to the other guys. I really like Dunn and Graham too but right now Bennett is tearin it up. Give it to the hot hand if he keeps it up.

boyd3

Rookie

#42 : August 25, 2008, 01:53:47 PM

it seems to me like this is a great problem to have... especially with cadillac waiting in the wings....

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#43 : August 25, 2008, 02:19:33 PM

it seems to me like this is a great problem to have... especially with cadillac waiting in the wings....

def a great problem to have. I dont think the bucs have ever had this much talent in the backfield before. If the defense does its job stopping the run, getting turnovers, and generating some pass rush the bucs should be a tough team to beat. A great running game and great defense is how you win games in this league.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 25, 2008, 02:41:54 PM

I see Bennett as being useful late in the games. He'll have fresh legs, lots of speed, and with defenses tired he has a good chance of taking some to the house this year.

That's where I disagree and think the problem is. Bennett's ability will put up more yardage and ultimately more points. He just makes more plays. That's why I think he must get carries early in the game instead of Graham, Graham's style would be perfect for the 4th qtr where he can run downhill on a tired defense, exactly like he did vs the Rams when he was fresh and they were out of gas. Even if he's not as good as he was that day, his 4 yard gains are perfect for running out out the clock.

Pretty good thought there...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools