Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 29, 2008, 04:29:33 PM

They are using the crap out of Bennett.. what gives?

Can you say: shopping?

I disagree....I think they just don't want to see Graham or Dunn hurt so they were using Bennett.  You could be right, but I think they wanted to give guys like McCown and Simms a decent back to work with so they could gain confidence/trade value(Simms).  Bennett should be on our team when the season starts.   I dont think we have the luxury of trading him with our injury bug

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 29, 2008, 04:39:11 PM

I was joshing.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 29, 2008, 05:06:11 PM

Josh Joshing?  or just regular Joshing?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#78 : August 29, 2008, 06:47:59 PM

It's a long season and three running backs are needed.   Unfortunately, Dunn is not durable at this point and Bennett has proven that he is along with being dangersous in space.   

Sure hope the offense reflects these facts. 

Aric

Starter

#79 : September 04, 2008, 12:14:59 AM

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind if we cut Dunn and played Graham and Bennett with Clifton Smith as 3rd string. Of course Caddy comes back week 6 and we'll see where he fits in.

I'm not going to call you crazy, we have rules on this board.  I will say there's about a 00.01% chance of that happening... [banghead]
Chev, you are right. Hell will freeze over first.

I didn't say it would happen but I'll stick to my guns and I'd rather see Michael Bennett out there than Dunn. I didn't like Dunn when he was here before. *GASP* More blasphemy.

Regardless, I never liked his dancing and his negative to zero yardage runs. I think Bennett spells Graham much better. Dunn has good hands, granted but what I've seen out of Bennett has been impressive and Dunn is not only small but he's also old now.

If it takes cutting Dunn to get Bennett some playing time then so be it. I don't see it happening and ideally keep all 3 for depth but whatever we need to get Bennett on the field because I believe he will make more plays than Dunn.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#80 : September 04, 2008, 12:20:12 AM

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind if we cut Dunn and played Graham and Bennett with Clifton Smith as 3rd string. Of course Caddy comes back week 6 and we'll see where he fits in.

I'm not going to call you crazy, we have rules on this board. I will say there's about a 00.01% chance of that happening... [banghead]
Chev, you are right. Hell will freeze over first.

I didn't say it would happen but I'll stick to my guns and I'd rather see Michael Bennett out there than Dunn. I didn't like Dunn when he was here before. *GASP* More blasphemy.

Regardless, I never liked his dancing and his negative to zero yardage runs. I think Bennett spells Graham much better. Dunn has good hands, granted but what I've seen out of Bennett has been impressive and Dunn is not only small but he's also old now.

If it takes cutting Dunn to get Bennett some playing time then so be it. I don't see it happening and ideally keep all 3 for depth but whatever we need to get Bennett on the field because I believe he will make more plays than Dunn.

why not just stick to givin to the hottest hand. Right now that is Bennett. Bennett tore it up preseason and Id be happy if I was the saints and didnt have to game plan for him sunday.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 04, 2008, 02:09:38 AM

Could someone please explain to me how " Bennett [is] more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN" when Bennett got 20-25 touches and Graham/Dunn got 5 touches combined?

Using this logic, Drew Bledsoe was far more productive in 2000 than Tom Brady and both Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver were more productive than Brett Favre!

Just because you get more reps (especially in pre-season) doesn't mean you are better, it just means you have (or in preseason, NEED) more experience.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett more productive than Graham and Dunn AGAIN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools