Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The focus of the game « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: August 24, 2008, 12:05:57 PM

A win would have been great last night but the primary purpose was player evaluation. Five players have to be cut by Tuesday. My guess is the coaches are studying the tape right now and making a list. Next week 22 more will have to go. Two weeks from today the win is most important.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 24, 2008, 12:25:12 PM

I agree.

The greatest concern at this point IMO is the play or non-play of Garcia & Galloway, and Matt Bryant.  Garcia doesn't scare me as much as Galloway.  Gruden has a love crush on him and will play him even if he isn't 100%.  Garcia has a solid backup in Griese. 
Matt Bryant needs competition and it shows.  We need to find someone to come in and compete for that position, if for nothing else, to rattle Matt a little and get him more focused.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 24, 2008, 12:28:08 PM

It just makes me mad that every frigging year the Bucs play crappy against the Jags....it's like five in a row now. Just terrible.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 24, 2008, 12:29:45 PM

Actually Del Rio plays his starters against our reserves and goes for every 4th down, that's what happens.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 24, 2008, 12:32:15 PM

IIRC,

Our starters gave them 13 points.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#5 : August 24, 2008, 12:34:17 PM

Actually Del Rio plays his starters against our reserves and goes for every 4th down, that's what happens.

Dont try to use that excuse, we lost they won.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 24, 2008, 12:35:07 PM

Not an excuse, it's the truth. Happens every year.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 24, 2008, 12:40:45 PM

IIRC,

Our starters gave them 13 points.

Hell yes.....you take away those gifts and it was pretty even the rest of the way.  If you didn't see the game and just looked at the stats.....you would think the Bucs dominated.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 24, 2008, 11:06:40 PM

Even though we lost, we played much better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They usually crush us along the LOS, but not this year. Very encouraging!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 24, 2008, 11:12:51 PM

It just makes me mad that every frigging year the Bucs play crappy against the Jags....it's like five in a row now. Just terrible.

I believe the W-L record is 2-5 in the series.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 24, 2008, 11:43:41 PM

The Jags looked like crap to be honest.

Good field position saved their butts.  Of course, the BUcs looked turrible inside cannon fire zone.  Absolutely turrible.  And McCown, Griese, AND Garcia need to pull their heads out and punch the ball into the EZ when those moments arrive.

Garcia looked AWFUL with his duck INT to Clayton.  That pass was absolutely girly.  His INT into the EZ was moronic...WTF did he see that we could not?  I call that some rust, but still...and Griese is lucky he did not kill a drive either.  And Graham failed to secure the rock, which is odd, for him anyway.  And McCown has shown he completely does not thik when the bullets fly.  HIs game management skills are the reason why he is awful as a starter (but loved his game versus N.O.).  Luke is plain dumb.  OR at least slow in the membrane.

What exactly did the Jags do that was so damned impressive?  Nothing to me.  THey looked like crap.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The focus of the game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools