Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Payroll Rankings - Interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : December 23, 2006, 11:56:00 PM

if the chargers add a bigtime WR, they will be almost unstoppable...

I was just telling a buddy of mine that same thing a few days ago. That team is young and will be good for a while. Javon Walker would've been the perfect acquisition for them.

#16 : December 23, 2006, 11:59:37 PM

I just don't see how people are still pining for McKay...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 24, 2006, 12:00:14 AM

Wow.  The Bills have a lot of jack to spend, and with a chance to make the playoffs, I think we can flush the Nate Clements threads down the stinky toilet...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 24, 2006, 09:26:32 AM

Looks like Rich Mckay is still the Capologist extraordinaire!!!  ROFLMAO!!!   I wonder if a single local media outlet will notice an obvious failing of lil Richie in managing a sane budget?? Will 620 point out the problems "LIL RICHIE" left the bucs with??  Thank God that the Pewter Report exists!!!

bklynbucs11

Starter

#19 : December 24, 2006, 09:45:06 AM

Here's the thing. This probably factors a pro-rated Signing Bonus. It doesn't likely reflect the back-end salaries of contracts, since most deals are usually backloaded.

The Chargers have a lot of backloaded money in Phil Rivers and esp. LT's contract. COlts have Manning and especially Wayne and Harrison. Redskins have... Chris Samuels. Portis, Andre Carter, Archleta, probably now Randle El, Jansen, Randy Thomas, etc.

Fortunatel,y we no longer have that many deals in the back-ends. Caddy's contract isn't that big, Rice is in final year, Ronde's is front-loaded, Brooks I think can be reneg'd, so we really are in great cap shape. THanks Allen.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 24, 2006, 10:13:48 AM

if we offer the same amount of money and take them on a tour of our new club house and all the golf courses and beaches and restaurants and if the player was from buffalo,detroit,clevland,minny,pitt,philly, or some other cold dreary place where do you think that player will sign with gruden in place on offense and kiffen in place on defense......players will be flocking here and even for a little less too,you can bet on it...these players want a place where they can enjoy themselves not look out the window and see an ice storm and shoval them selves out of a snow storm,play golf year round.....you will be amazed at the players we will sign this year.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Payroll Rankings - Interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools