Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

: August 25, 2008, 04:49:56 PM

Can a 4th-round pick be a bust?

marlevr

Second String
#1 : August 25, 2008, 04:41:41 PM

Moore has been very disappointing, no push whatsoever.

I'm willing to give DJax time to develop, plus his looks as WR have bee really limited so far. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : August 25, 2008, 04:41:16 PM

i wonder what the percentage of 4th round picks that end up making it in the nfl or at least in their first year. I know Tanard Jackson was exception last year but there arnt too many that end up making an impact in their first year. Maybe there was a reason why the guy was a 4th round pick. I dont think they are going to give up on him yet. Meaning I dont think he is dropped from the team because he hasnt done anything. Remember Gaines Adams looked really slow in his initial process of learning the defense. Maybe it is no different for the 4th rounder. I am just saying give the kid some time. Im not ready to give up on him yet. Jackson will get plays this year but I dont expect him to do much other than return punts or kicks. Occasionally when Gruden finds a mismatch for Jackson he will be on the field to take advantage of that speed. How often do we see that happen. Prolly not often because he is still raw. Give these guys time. To me it looked like we drafted for the future this draft more than anything. We will see.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2008, 04:32:09 PM

I wouldn't say they are busts...but they aren't doing anything spectacular....

as far as Jackson's limited work at WR....that is what I expected....I think he was drafted as a project/ kick returner.  As for Moore he has been dissapointing.

#4 : August 25, 2008, 04:45:24 PM

Well it's gonna be about 2 years until we find out for sure whether or not their busts.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 25, 2008, 04:53:05 PM

Watched Moore alot Sat night and he was one on one with the center for most plays and got handled easily.  The nose guy has got to require at least a double team to free up the UT

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : August 25, 2008, 03:19:00 PM

I keep seeing these guys being called busts already. I wanna know what do you guys expect out of the 2nd rounder and the 4th rounder? I am not expecting too much out of these guys this year. Later I would say these guys should step up but these guys are raw nfl players and wont produce much this year imo. If they do then that is great I will be the first to say I was wrong. I just dont think you will see Dre moore on the field too often because he is obviously still learning. I heard he pretty much just picked up football before college and is still learning a great deal. Dexter jackson is very small and needs to get bigger. He also needs to learn Grudens giant playbook. I think he will get some touches this year because you do have to take advantage of his speed. Speed kills in the nfl and he has got it. If he can learn Grudens playbook and can put a little more size on him then he could be a perfect candidate to replace Galloway when he finally retires. Point of this thread is give these guys some time. Im not ready to call anybody in our 2008 draft a bust yet because no real games have been played yet. Until they do start playing and showing what they can do I will continue with that opinion.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 25, 2008, 03:23:38 PM

Dre looks like he gets washed out there.  He is getting outmuscled, and he looks painfully s-l-o-w.

Jackson had a decent punt return, but IMO, the blocking on special teams needs to hold up better in order for him to get anything going.  I felt bad for Jax in the Jax game.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 25, 2008, 03:30:44 PM

I believe it comes down to expectations based on who else was available. Jackson will be expected to do more both because he was a 2nd rounder and because there were lots of seemingly promising wide receivers available when he was picked - Earl Bennett, Harry Douglas, Mario Manningham, Andre Caldwell, Lavelle Hawkins, Keenan Burton, etc. If one or more of those guys starts tearing it up it makes Dexter look bad. Moore on the other hand was seemingly by far the best DT on the board. All he has to do is show he's at least as good as Red Bryant and DeMario Pressley and he bought himself a year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 25, 2008, 03:34:52 PM

Time for a new speical teams coach. It's been like 2 touchdowns on ST's for the past, what 8 years?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 25, 2008, 04:59:08 PM

Yeah, I've been watching Dre Moore closely for ANY signs of life... for any flashes of fine play.

Nothing. Nada. Zip so far.

Dexter is just raw - although I'd feel better about his potential if actually made a cut or juked someone.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 25, 2008, 05:57:39 PM

Yeah, I've been watching Dre Moore closely for ANY signs of life... for any flashes of fine play.

Nothing. Nada. Zip so far.

Dexter is just raw - although I'd feel better about his potential if actually made a cut or juked someone.

Actually, Moore had two pretty decent plays against the Jags. I'll let you go through the video and find them.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 25, 2008, 07:00:02 PM

i dont see Jackson replacing Joey . I see him as a Wes Welker type

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 25, 2008, 07:26:00 PM

Honestly...I would rather have taken Sweed in the second and we could of drafted Clifton Smith in the seventh. Our seventh rounder was a complete waste. Dexter Jackson is deffinately not 2nd round material. Hell Dre Moore would have gone before him. I think Smith is alot better then Jackson and only time will tell. I will be thoroughly angry at the Bucs if they let Clifton Smith slip through their fingers. NO Practice Squad BS either. Put him at the KR position on ST.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

kmitchell

Starter

#14 : August 26, 2008, 12:16:38 AM

If Dre Moore gets some conditioning this season, he could be a really good DT. Slow is something you can fix with a DT.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools