Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 26, 2008, 03:14:36 PM

I think if you get a first year starter out of a draft you are doing extremely well.  I agree that labeling at this conjecture is a bit premature.  That being said the NFL is about immediacy and little about development of rookies.

1-4 unless you are gawd awful usually gives you a one year reprieve.

That is why those 3rd year players that are just about there can be extremely attractive.  Certainly keeps parity alive and well.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 26, 2008, 03:29:41 PM

Honestly...I would rather have taken Sweed in the second and we could of drafted Clifton Smith in the seventh. Our seventh rounder was a complete waste. Dexter Jackson is deffinately not 2nd round material. Hell Dre Moore would have gone before him. I think Smith is alot better then Jackson and only time will tell. I will be thoroughly angry at the Bucs if they let Clifton Smith slip through their fingers. NO Practice Squad a subject for debate either. Put him at the KR position on ST.

So why didnt Dre Moore go ahead of him?

Why did 32 other teams pass on him 4 times? 

I love how people think they know where players should go in the draft....

thanson

Starter

#17 : August 26, 2008, 03:36:48 PM

dexter has speed. speed kills. he was drafted so we could have a kick & punt returner as well as a fast bk wr. about this time last year everyone was calling no name def guy from clemson a flop as well. In the words of the heinz commercial, good things come to people who wait

monty

Rookie

#18 : August 26, 2008, 03:36:54 PM

3.6 teams passed on him...

The Q

Pro Bowler

#19 : August 26, 2008, 03:55:01 PM

Overweight and slow is not a good combination for Moore. He needs to get himself fit. That is all I have heard about him, since he has been here. No positives at all. Just he needs to get fit or in shape if you prefer.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#20 : August 28, 2008, 11:11:33 PM

I dont like saying I told you so, but these guys looked solid tonight. Lets hope they can keep it up in the reg season and keep getting better.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 28, 2008, 11:15:25 PM

I dont like saying I told you so, but these guys looked solid tonight. Lets hope they can keep it up in the reg season and keep getting better.

Well, I saw Dexter making the right choices.  Finally the cards fell his way.  The man can run.

Moore, it appears, has rounded into shape.  He looked FAT in games 1 and 2, IMO.  He looked better against Jax, and performed well this game.  Maybe he can be good for us?

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#22 : August 28, 2008, 11:39:20 PM

Dre Moore?!?!?

Seriously, he had one Tackle Assist tonight. I consider if he performed well as if he got a sack and atleast 3 tackles....he did not put up any #'s but I didnt see the game so I dont know.

Hes a fat dude and slow. He would be buried alive if he was on first string.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 28, 2008, 11:41:39 PM

Dexter definitely showed me something tonight.

Punt return aside, he made some nice plays in the passing game. Bubble screens, reverses, quick slants from the slot. He'll be a factor on game day.

You can't coach speed.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : August 28, 2008, 11:44:11 PM

Dre Moore?!?!?

Seriously, he had one Tackle Assist tonight. I consider if he performed well as if he got a sack and atleast 3 tackles....he did not put up any #'s but I didnt see the game so I dont know.

Hes a 4th round draft pick. I wouldnt stick him on the first team even if he was playing for the dolphins last year. He showed some quickness tonight. Lets hope he can get in shape and keep getting better. The guy showed he can make plays in college. Dont give up on him yet. Man some people just have to get the results right away.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 28, 2008, 11:45:08 PM

Dre Moore?!?!?

He was quicker and better in pursuit tonight than he had been.  He looked slimmer.

Not saying he is ready to start, but he showed some improvement.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 28, 2008, 11:47:31 PM

I saw him play at Maryland, I just was not impressed with him that much. Merriman has been seriously the only true NFL product Maryland has produced the past few years and even he is flirting with disaster. I just have no expectations from this guy. It makes no sense. Top 3 Rounds next year: 1st. WR 2nd. DT 3rd.QB

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#27 : August 28, 2008, 11:55:56 PM

In 44 games at Maryland, Moore started 26 contests, including 23 at weak-side tackle and three at nose guard...Recorded 140 tackles (63 solo) with 10.5 sacks for minus-49 yards, 17.5 stops for losses of 64 yards and nine quarterback pressures...Caused three fumbles, deflected two passes and returned an interception 12 yards...His 365-pound power clean is the second-best total ever by a Terrapin player.

not bad for a fourth rounder. Look I am not saying this guy is the savior at the DT position. Lets hope the guy can be a player for us. Its way too early to tell if he can or not. All we are saying is that he looked better tonight. Quicker and he helped in that interception for Hayes. How bout you wait a couple years to judge if this guy is going to be good or not. Its waayyyy too early bud.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 29, 2008, 12:01:28 AM

I saw him play at Maryland, I just was not impressed with him that much. Merriman has been seriously the only true NFL product Maryland has produced the past few years and even he is flirting with disaster. I just have no expectations from this guy. It makes no sense. Top 3 Rounds next year: 1st. WR 2nd. DT 3rd.QB

Maryland has produced some NFL players! Kris Jenkins and Vernon Davis come to mind.

#29 : August 29, 2008, 10:51:43 AM

Dre Moore?!?!?

If you didn't watch it, why comment?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools