Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#30 : August 29, 2008, 11:03:44 AM

Moore can run once he can clear the line. He showed that chasing QB's who were running to the sideline last night. His issue seems to be getting any push inside, which is the #1 thing a DT has to do. Hopefully somehow, someway they can get him on the practice squad and give him a year to learn some hand fighting.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 29, 2008, 11:07:32 AM

Moore can run once he can clear the line. He showed that chasing QB's who were running to the sideline last night. His issue seems to be getting any push inside, which is the #1 thing a DT has to do. Hopefully somehow, someway they can get him on the practice squad and give him a year to learn some hand fighting.

I heard Chris Landry recently say the hottest commodity in the NFL is D lineman. Seemed to indicate no half decent lineman will clear waivers for the practice squad. Now whether Dre Moore is 'half decent' is still a question mark but I'm starting to think he sticks.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 29, 2008, 01:24:08 PM

Well, I wouldn't expect much from Dexter in the passing attack, with the exception of the occassional reverse or screen pass....but I definitely think he will make an impact in the return game. It seems he is finally finding himself there and that return was sick.

I have to admit I've been pretty disappointed with Dre Moore. He looks way out of shape and a little slow, which is not how he came advertised. I think if he makes the team, he'll be a work in progress.

Other than Talib, I haven't really been impressed with anyone in this year's draft. Hopefully they can contribute.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#33 : August 29, 2008, 01:27:41 PM

Well, I wouldn't expect much from Dexter in the passing attack, with the exception of the occassional reverse or screen pass....but I definitely think he will make an impact in the return game. It seems he is finally finding himself there and that return was sick.

I have to admit I've been pretty disappointed with Dre Moore. He looks way out of shape and a little slow, which is not how he came advertised. I think if he makes the team, he'll be a work in progress.

Other than Talib, I haven't really been impressed with anyone in this year's draft. Hopefully they can contribute.

Im impressed by that return, by DJs quickness and speed. You cant teach that. I think it is pretty impressive that Zuttah is starting over those other guys who have been here the last few years and hes a rookie. I think that should impress you. I think we should happy with our first three picks so far. Lets hope they continue.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 29, 2008, 02:25:00 PM

Im impressed by that return, by DJs quickness and speed. You cant teach that. I think it is pretty impressive that Zuttah is starting over those other guys who have been here the last few years and hes a rookie. I think that should impress you. I think we should happy with our first three picks so far. Lets hope they continue.

Agreed.  Also, you have two projects in the 4th anf 5th rounds, so we won't know for a bit about how those turn out.  Hayes has looked quite good, too.  Boyd was the only real washout, so far.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#35 : August 29, 2008, 02:43:44 PM

Agreed. Also, you have two projects in the 4th anf 5th rounds, so we won't know for a bit about how those turn out. Hayes has looked quite good, too. Boyd was the only real washout, so far.

yea hayes looked like a beast last night and has looked good all preseason. Hes def makin the team.

obuc

Starter

#36 : August 29, 2008, 04:15:17 PM

Wasnt Gaines getting pushed around and ran from last year? Give the guy some time. This isnt a strength thing, this is a technique and experience thing. This is a 21 or 22 year old kid going against well, 27 and 28 year old kids.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#37 : August 29, 2008, 09:08:06 PM

Wasnt Gaines getting pushed around and ran from last year? Give the guy some time. This isnt a strength thing, this is a technique and experience thing. This is a 21 or 22 year old kid going against well, 27 and 28 year old kids.

exactly. Guys were saying the same thing about gaines last year. Slow, didnt come off the ball quick, looked lost at times, and got manhandled. Guys expect these guys to rip off sacks and tackles for loss right when they put on the pads for the first time in this defense. Gaines got a lot better as the year went on and did very well. Lets hope Dre Moore can continue to learn and get into shape real good.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#38 : August 30, 2008, 10:07:26 PM

I keep seeing these guys being called busts already. I wanna know what do you guys expect out of the 2nd rounder and the 4th rounder? I am not expecting too much out of these guys this year. Later I would say these guys should step up but these guys are raw nfl players and wont produce much this year imo. If they do then that is great I will be the first to say I was wrong. I just dont think you will see Dre moore on the field too often because he is obviously still learning. I heard he pretty much just picked up football before college and is still learning a great deal. Dexter jackson is very small and needs to get bigger. He also needs to learn Grudens giant playbook. I think he will get some touches this year because you do have to take advantage of his speed. Speed kills in the nfl and he has got it. If he can learn Grudens playbook and can put a little more size on him then he could be a perfect candidate to replace Galloway when he finally retires. Point of this thread is give these guys some time. Im not ready to call anybody in our 2008 draft a bust yet because no real games have been played yet. Until they do start playing and showing what they can do I will continue with that opinion.
I guess the bust label was correct.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#39 : August 30, 2008, 10:09:42 PM

Thats fine the bucs gave up on him sooner than later. They know better than I do whether he can help the football team or not. I can live with that.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#40 : August 30, 2008, 10:15:28 PM

I'm concerned that every DT we have drafted since Sapp has ben a bust no matter which round he was taken.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter jackson & Dre Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools