Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

« : December 23, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

Any hopes of a good off-season of knabbing top players like Freeney, Briggs, or Clements are kissed good bye

If the reports i heard on the buccaneers.com message board are true...the Bucs signed simms to a 2 year, 13 million dollar deal.

That is just terrible news.

6.5 million a year for Chris Simms?  What's next?  We resign Jerald Sowell for 4 mil a year?

I think this is going to go up there with one of Allen's worst signings i.e. Charlie Garner

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 23, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

*shudder*

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #2 : December 23, 2006, 08:33:31 PM »

why would they do this?  I could see keeping him around as a back-up....like a 1 year 2 mil deal...but to offer this clown 6.5 million after what he did this year....

Dont they know they he was exposed just like Gradkowski.

Oh and now I will hear all the SImms lovers say that he played good for a half of football..  Um...it was against an 0-2 team and lets not forget the defense forcing turnovers in that one...

Also...HE LOST HIS SPLEEN.  It's not even like this guy is healthy.  Who knows if hell be the same...

I hope its not true.....What are they thinking?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 23, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

Dude in case those bozo's forgot to tell you, we are close to 30 million dollars under the cap....Simms contract is a drop in the bucket, literally....

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 23, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »

You must have no clue how Bruce Allen works. DO you honestly think he would structure a contract that would cripple the room under the cap that he worked so hard for? Honestly, does your common sense tell you that?

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #5 : December 23, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

Dude in case those bozo's forgot to tell you, we are close to 30 million dollars under the cap....Simms contract is a drop in the bucket, literally....

30 million under?  Well just about 6.5 of that is wasted space now.

So now we have 23.5 million....you take away another 6-8 million for the rookie draft class and were in the teens.  

Either way, you can have all the talent in the world but if we have bozos at Quarterback like Simms or Gradkowski...we are going to suck.

Simms was terrible this year and sub par last year.  He had 7 TDs in 3 games.....but just 3 TDs in the other 7 games.  He had a number of sub 200 yard games last year and had similar stats to Gradkowski.

Let's see Simms had the #1 D and a 1100 yard rusher.  Gradkowski had the 16th or so ranked D along with a sub 800 yard rusher.  Now I'm not trying to compare the two, but WE ARE SCREWED.

We were better off getting a Plummer or Brad Johnson.

keep on buccn.....

Chris Simms will be our starting QB next year.....

if that doesn't scare you....then I respect u

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #6 : December 23, 2006, 08:55:05 PM »

even if the deal isn't as bad as it originally looks, money wise......

im still upset.  I highly doubt Simms would sign for that to be the #2 and if we go into next year with either Grads or Simms as starter, then I think we are looking at another sub par year.

I hope Im wrong, but then again I hope this is a bad dream that we would actually resign this clown...AFTER his performance in the first 3 games and AFTER he lost his spleen.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 23, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »

30 million under?  Well just about 6.5 of that is wasted space now.

So now we have 23.5 million....you take away another 6-8 million for the rookie draft class and were in the teens.  

Either way, you can have all the talent in the world but if we have bozos at Quarterback like Simms or Gradkowski...we are going to suck.

Simms was terrible this year and sub par last year.  He had 7 TDs in 3 games.....but just 3 TDs in the other 7 games.  He had a number of sub 200 yard games last year and had similar stats to Gradkowski.

Let's see Simms had the #1 D and a 1100 yard rusher.  Gradkowski had the 16th or so ranked D along with a sub 800 yard rusher.  Now I'm not trying to compare the two, but WE ARE SCREWED.

We were better off getting a Plummer or Brad Johnson.

keep on buccn.....

Chris Simms will be our starting QB next year.....

if that doesn't scare you....then I respect u

what scares me is your lack of contract knowledge. If a player signs for an amount of money it doesn't translate exactly that amount against the cap.

bryan12112

Starter

« #8 : December 23, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »

If PR's initial report is right, it's really only 5 million guaranteed. So it'd be 2.5 million per year, with a whole lot of incentives. I guess the 13 million is what he can reach if he plays really well.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #9 : December 23, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »

keep on bucn...i understand...like i said in the post right before your last one....even if we signed simms for free....I still think we are screwed with HIM AND GRADS battling it out for the starting position.

....maybe we should hold an "invincable" like try out for QB.  You never know, maybe somebody can win the Job.

Well thats a relief Bryan12112....

Haha I guess we dont have to worry about paying him the whole amount then

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 23, 2006, 09:01:06 PM »

Whatever man, head on over to that site and have them tell you the end is near.....

As I said, we are in a good hole with Simms. Its on him to get paid. If he doesn't produce, he doesn't ge paid. He contract is peanuts. We have 27 Million roughly in cap room and the whole Simeon Rice saga which will play out at some point and if let go creates what, another 9 Million dollars (anyone help me on that).

To trip on this signing, its stupid. If simms bites on this deal its to our benefit.

Baghead #2

bryan12112

Starter

« #11 : December 23, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Don't get too relieved yet. There are conflicting reports out. ESPN seems to be reporting 5 million guaranteed this year. PR said:

"Sources told Pewter Report that Simms’ two-year contract extension, which would make him a Buccaneer through 2008, would include $5 million in guaranteed money."

Now that I read that again, does it mean 5 million in guaranteed money THIS year, or over two years? I guess we should just wait for the official report, huh? I'm guessing PR will have something up soon.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #12 : December 23, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »

If PR's initial report is right, it's really only 5 million guaranteed. So it'd be 2.5 million per year, with a whole lot of incentives. I guess the 13 million is what he can reach if he plays really well.

It's 5 mil guaranteed in year one alone with the ability to get 6.5 mil in year one. The total deal is worth 13 mil if he reaches all incentives and play both years , but he is guaranteed 5 mil in year one according to reports I have read.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #13 : December 23, 2006, 09:05:12 PM »

cville......the main thing they should have concentrated on this off-season was getting a legit starting QB.

Chris Simms couldn't even accomplish much with a #1 D and good running game.  10 TDs in 10 games is garbage.  I just gave him the benefit of the doubt that he would improve with an off-season as the starter under his belt...

well he got worse because teams got tape on him.

I'm more mad about their decision to resign him and make him the starter the the money

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #14 : December 23, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »

and...he will be the starter...or why else would have Simms signed the deal based on incentives....

mccown, gradkowksi, and simms all under contract....which equals no vet QB or 1st round franchise QB for us...
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools