Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bryan12112

Starter

#15 : December 23, 2006, 09:13:56 PM

If PR's initial report is right, it's really only 5 million guaranteed. So it'd be 2.5 million per year, with a whole lot of incentives. I guess the 13 million is what he can reach if he plays really well.

It's 5 mil guaranteed in year one alone with the ability to get 6.5 mil in year one. The total deal is worth 13 mil if he reaches all incentives and play both years , but he is guaranteed 5 mil in year one according to reports I have read.

That changes everything, doesn't it? I guess I read it wrong.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#16 : December 23, 2006, 09:16:11 PM

Simms had 10 starts in 2005.  He threw for under 200 yards in half of them.  He didn't throw for 300 yards last year either.  This year he had 3 starts and threw for under 200 yards in 2 of them.  He actually had a 300 yard game, however.

Hmmm not being able to throw for over 200 yards....sounds alot like Gradkowski to me.

11 TDs and 14 INTs in 13 starts the past 2 years.

O well.  Hopefully we can upgrade the D and the offense can improve and we can overcome YET AGAIN having a **CENSORED**ty sub par QB.

#17 : December 23, 2006, 09:45:40 PM

If Simms achieves the alleged incentives, it would seem to me that the Bucs will have a good year.

As stated, it is only $5M in guaranteed money, which is actually a bargain.

Once again, there has been failure to look past the first number seen.

<shaking head>

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#18 : December 23, 2006, 09:49:23 PM

If Simms achieves the alleged incentives, it would seem to me that the Bucs will have a good year.As stated, it is only $5M in guaranteed money, which is actually a bargain.

<shaking head>

so what you seem to think that the more you pay a player the better they play? lol!!!! post of year that is just funny

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 23, 2006, 09:50:37 PM

cville......the main thing they should have concentrated on this off-season was getting a legit starting QB.

Chris Simms couldn't even accomplish much with a #1 D and good running game.  10 TDs in 10 games is garbage.  I just gave him the benefit of the doubt that he would improve with an off-season as the starter under his belt...

well he got worse because teams got tape on him.

I'm more mad about their decision to resign him and make him the starter the the money

They still can buddy. Do you think that this signing cements Simms as the future for the next 10 years? If he earns that then we WANT him to be here, if not, peace, c-ya later.

Baghead #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 23, 2006, 09:51:00 PM

well, signing Simms may get the Gruden haters what they want after all.

one more year with Simms as our starting QB and another 5-11 or 6-10 season, and Gruden is a distant memory...

I hope he knows what he is doing.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#21 : December 23, 2006, 09:51:17 PM

I agree tho, our offseason is somewhat shot, if you agree with me or not i think this will affect some FA signings, some players may not want to come here in the fear of Simms or Gruden messing it up

its the first time ive said it, Gruden needs to go, especially because of this signing

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 23, 2006, 09:53:02 PM

If the reports i heard on the buccaneers.com message board are true...

Your post lost all credibility there.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 23, 2006, 09:53:15 PM

How? As I said this precludes what will happen. I gaurantee you that Rice is a goner, that gives us more money plus simms.....

Guys this is chess not checkers, we are fine, stay tuned, come on!

We will add a very high quality DE to fill Rices spot. We will back to square one with simms plus a FA DE going into FA and the draft watch...

Baghead #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 23, 2006, 09:55:12 PM

How? As I said this precludes what will happen. I gaurantee you that Rice is a goner, that gives us more money plus simms.....

We will add a very high quality DE to fill Rices spot. We will back to square one with simms plus a FA DE going into FA and the draft watch...

and no QB worth a damn...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 23, 2006, 10:04:40 PM

and no QB worth a damn...

Not saying you are wrong but this thing is not finished playing out, ok. We can still draft a QB. We have tons of options how can you be so upset? This spells the end to Rice IMHO, it does. I think we will try to move Rice for a pick. We have many options. This signing does not hanicap us guys, I promise. Rice will be gone, we will get a pick and we will get some nice cap room because of it. Nothing has changed here IMHO.

Baghead #2

blitz

Pro Bowler
#26 : December 23, 2006, 10:11:56 PM

nothing says Simms is here after draft day.   the table is full of options.....  the contract just means he can't bolt as an FA.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 23, 2006, 10:16:11 PM

Some of you people are amazing.

Calm the f*** down.  The contract COULD earn him up to $14.5 million.  That's called INCENTIVES!!!

So the only way he's getting $14.5 million is if he's playing well and the Bucs are going places.

THEN, the money will be worth it.

Until then, CALM DOWN.  People here are so dramatic.

#28 : December 23, 2006, 10:17:27 PM

Some of you people are amazing.

Calm the f*** down. The contract COULD earn him up to $14.5 million. That's called INCENTIVES!!!

So the only way he's getting $14.5 million is if he's playing well and the Bucs are going places.

THEN, the money will be worth it.

Until then, CALM DOWN. People here are so dramatic.
OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGM GRUDEN IS SCREWING US BEFORE BOLTING FOR ALABAMA!!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 23, 2006, 10:17:34 PM

If Simms achieves the alleged incentives, it would seem to me that the Bucs will have a good year.As stated, it is only $5M in guaranteed money, which is actually a bargain.

<shaking head>

so what you seem to think that the more you pay a player the better they play? lol!!!! post of year that is just funny

are you that stupid? Seriously. Incentives are based on how the player plays. If he tanks you don't owe him any additional money but if he lights it up then you pay him the incentives. Prefer's saying the Bucs would gladly pay Simms if he hits the incentives in the contract because the that team would likely be performing better with better QB play.

If you remember at the time when they signed Simms last year Bruce Allen stated they hoped to pay Simms boat loads of money at the end of this year. That would be because he light it up and deserved the money.........if you were paying attention.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools