Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 23, 2006, 10:18:38 PM

Secondly, I won't believe this until I see it on PR or ESPN.

The St Pete Times is a RAG.

#31 : December 23, 2006, 10:19:41 PM

If Simms achieves the alleged incentives, it would seem to me that the Bucs will have a good year.As stated, it is only $5M in guaranteed money, which is actually a bargain.

Once again, there has been failure to look past the first number seen.

<shaking head>

so what you seem to think that the more you pay a player the better they play? lol!!!! post of year that is just funny
Oh so ironic...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 23, 2006, 10:20:44 PM

Its pretty pathetic that some people here don't know what contract incentives are.

And to never trust the St Pete Times to report on anything accurately.

#33 : December 23, 2006, 10:21:37 PM

Its pretty pathetic that some people here don't know what contract incentives are.

And to never trust the St Pete Times to report on anything accurately.
Agreed on both points, but I have to admit, calling someone out like that and then proceeding to 'act a fool' is just self-ownage at it's best.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 23, 2006, 10:26:35 PM

You should see the folks on the other board.  Its out of control.  Some think the world is ending.

$5 million in guaranteed money over 2 years is a bargain, in my opinion.

ANd if he DOES get the $14 million, that'll mean we're in GOOD shape.

#35 : December 23, 2006, 10:32:30 PM

If Simms achieves the alleged incentives, it would seem to me that the Bucs will have a good year.As stated, it is only $5M in guaranteed money, which is actually a bargain.

Once again, there has been failure to look past the first number seen.

<shaking head>

so what you seem to think that the more you pay a player the better they play? lol!!!! post of year that is just funny

it is called INCENTIVES...he MEETS them or does NOT get the money....get it?????????????????????????

<still shaking head>

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#36 : December 23, 2006, 11:00:17 PM

Dude in case those bozo's forgot to tell you, we are close to 30 million dollars under the cap....Simms contract is a drop in the bucket, literally....

30 million under?  Well just about 6.5 of that is wasted space now.

So now we have 23.5 million....you take away another 6-8 million for the rookie draft class and were in the teens. 

Either way, you can have all the talent in the world but if we have bozos at Quarterback like Simms or Gradkowski...we are going to suck.

Simms was terrible this year and sub par last year.  He had 7 TDs in 3 games.....but just 3 TDs in the other 7 games.  He had a number of sub 200 yard games last year and had similar stats to Gradkowski.

Let's see Simms had the #1 D and a 1100 yard rusher.  Gradkowski had the 16th or so ranked D along with a sub 800 yard rusher.  Now I'm not trying to compare the two, but WE ARE SCREWED.

We were better off getting a Plummer or Brad Johnson.

keep on buccn.....

Chris Simms will be our starting QB next year.....

if that doesn't scare you....then I respect u

what scares me is your lack of contract knowledge. If a player signs for an amount of money it doesn't translate exactly that amount against the cap.

Thank You!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 24, 2006, 10:11:11 AM

What you people need to understand is that there is NOBODY out there in free agency at the QB position. Denver may not let Plummer go now that Cutler is struggling. And if Garcia is avaliable, he's going to demand a lot more money than we are offering Simms.

So unless you want to draft a Brady Quinn or some other rookie QB, which no one seems to be excited to do, then we have no choice but to stick with Simms.

#38 : December 24, 2006, 10:20:23 AM

Any hopes of a good off-season of knabbing top players like Freeney, Briggs, or Clements are kissed good bye

If the reports i heard on the buccaneers.com message board are true...the Bucs signed simms to a 2 year, 13 million dollar deal.

That is just terrible news.

6.5 million a year for Chris Simms?  What's next?  We resign Jerald Sowell for 4 mil a year?

I think this is going to go up there with one of Allen's worst signings i.e. Charlie Garner

I told you guys he would be a Buc and be a well paid BUC. Dont give Chris two strikes already....I am looking forward to building the team around Chris and excited that we kept by far the best QB in FA this year.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 24, 2006, 10:32:30 AM

if we sign garcia in the off season early or rattay shows a lot the last 2 games they'll be a stampede of fas wanting to come here ...we can pay the same money as any body else....would you like to play golf all winter or look out the window at the snow and freezing temperatures plus we have kiffen on dee and gruden and hackett on off and a state of the arts brand new facility with a built in tax shelter.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 24, 2006, 10:37:59 AM

What you people need to understand is that there is NOBODY out there in free agency at the QB position. Denver may not let Plummer go now that Cutler is struggling. And if Garcia is avaliable, he's going to demand a lot more money than we are offering Simms.

So unless you want to draft a Brady Quinn or some other rookie QB, which no one seems to be excited to do, then we have no choice but to stick with Simms.
Agreed. I'd like to know who babygurgle thinks the Bucs should go after.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiss good bye a good off-season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools