Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Sport for Olympics « previous next »
Page: 1

kmitchell

Starter

: August 25, 2008, 12:59:52 AM

Each country gets to send 16 soldiers and they have a tournament using MILES laser system. That would be an amazing event to watch, and would have probably the highest ratings in all of the Olympics. That would also serve as a very effective recruiting tool. How cool would it be to watch 16 Seals/Rangers/Recon duke it out with the best of other countries. That tournament would by far have the most nationalism behind it.

#1 : August 25, 2008, 01:11:38 AM

If they take Rhythmic Gymnastics out and replace it with that, its all good.

Maybe we should put forward some serious suggests for new sports at the Olympics seeing as a couple of spots are about to become available.  Right now womens boxing is the favorite to be added to the London games.  I can see the IOC trying to slot in a sport that will spark more interest in India, so some form of cricket might be on the cards.

I think tug-of-war would be a fun sport.  Easy to understand, fun to watch(especially with a mud pit), and quick. 

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 25, 2008, 02:56:30 AM

Java, this one's for you.  :) There has apparently been all kinds of post-games sex going on at the Olympic village.  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4582421.ece

exerpts from TMZ:
Guess this is what happens when chiseled, half-naked Olympic athletes hole-up together in one place.

Former Olympian Matthew Syed, who now works as a commentator, wrote for the Times of London, "This sex fest ... [happened] right here in Beijing. Olympic athletes have to display an unnatural ... level of self-discipline in the build-up to big competitions. How else is this going to manifest itself than with a volcanic release of pent-up hedonism?"

Syed said that winners "as geeky as Michael Phelps" were sought after by the female athletes, but that losers get their share as well.

Matthew says he "got laid more often in those two and a half weeks (at the Barcelona games in '92) than the rest of my life up to that point." And he was freakin' table tennis player!

Guess a little ping-pong goes a long way sometimes.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2008, 04:30:12 AM

DBrooks, I would compare the Olympics to spring break.   Get a bunch of people together away from home, and they lose inhibitions.   

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 25, 2008, 08:54:53 AM

I would definitely consider paint ball an olympic sport.

What a great game and very, very, competitive.  We play about two times a year. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 25, 2008, 08:59:39 AM

I think tug-of-war would be a fun sport.  Easy to understand, fun to watch(especially with a mud pit), and quick. 
Great idea...... What should be the weight limit for women, though?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 25, 2008, 09:19:53 AM

DBrooks, I would compare the Olympics to spring break.   Get a bunch of people together away from home, and they lose inhibitions.   
Good comparison, plus you have the clear winners and losers.  It was interesting that the male medal winners were getting some all over the place, but the females--didn't matter if they'd won or not.  Lol.

#7 : August 25, 2008, 09:29:56 AM

I think tug-of-war would be a fun sport. Easy to understand, fun to watch(especially with a mud pit), and quick.
Great idea...... What should be the weight limit for women, though?

I propose two categories for women:

Under 140 lbs Beach Tug-of-War (competitors wear bikinis)
Over 140 - who cares no one is watching.

The Tug-of-War actually used to be an Olympic event.

#8 : August 25, 2008, 11:44:32 PM

What, no rock-paper-scissors? Or better yet, quarters?  How about synchronized origami?

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 26, 2008, 12:34:30 AM

Beer Pong should be an Olympic Sport.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Sport for Olympics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools