Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

#15 : December 23, 2006, 09:58:24 PM

no QB, lots of money, well, maybe we can get the defense back to being respectable since our offense will not get any better.

The Simms experiment should be over, we had our OUT and we blew it.

GARCIA is our man, draft a franchise QB, and all is well, instead we have a complete mess at QB in Simms and no relief in sight.

*sigh*
Calm down, this isn't doomsday. Rememer if nothing else we'll have a QB who runs the 2 minute like a machine.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 23, 2006, 09:58:49 PM

Simms = Doomsday

#17 : December 23, 2006, 10:00:38 PM

Meh, as bad as he was this year, and he was awful, remember next year we'll have two young studs on the right side of the line, possibly Joe Thomas at LT, Buenning back at LG, WR corps (hopefully) upgraded, and our defense rebuilt (hopefully), we still have a damn good coach.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : December 23, 2006, 10:01:05 PM

Maybe losing his spleen taught him to run.  Hope the o-line can protect his ass.  Do we have a list of everyone who said "no way he comes back, he's over, no way they sign him, yada, yada, yada."RJ, is Quez still in the league?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 23, 2006, 10:02:17 PM

I'll go on record saying Simms sucks, is that good enough for you?

This blows.

#20 : December 23, 2006, 10:02:31 PM

I'm not sure anyone ever said that, I wanted to give him a deal just for going out trying....of course ideally it would've been at near vet min.

BuccoJD

Starter

#21 : December 23, 2006, 10:04:23 PM

Great  News...incentive based contract

#22 : December 23, 2006, 10:05:26 PM

I'll go on record saying Simms sucks, is that good enough for you?

This blows.
Remember the good times

I was there for the first Wash. game and it made me think Simms was the future, he was poor this year but I'll give him another chance, hell look at the Dilfer supporters, nice guy had a rough year did they boo him out of town? Chris is a damn good guy and I'm willing to give him another shot..

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 23, 2006, 10:05:38 PM

man here we go back to fisrt base, i hope they use the shotgun for simms

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 23, 2006, 10:06:43 PM

Great  News...incentive based contract

Yes, I don't know what the stir up here is? I think if anything this means that we will move Rice to recoup the $$$$ spent on simms and we get a draft pick. I think we make a real effort to move on Dwayne White now. I think we get white AND Simms for what it would cost to pay Rice alone. We go into FA with nothing changed....

Baghead #2

#25 : December 23, 2006, 10:06:56 PM

That would be a good thing to implement this off-season

#26 : December 23, 2006, 10:07:45 PM

Great  News...incentive based contract

Yes, I don't know what the stir up here is? I think if anything this means that we will move Rice to recoup the $$$$ spent on simms and we get a draft pick. I think we make a real effort to move on Dwayne White now. I think we get white AND Simms for what it would cost to pay Rice alone. We go into FA with nothing changed....
Yes Dewayne needs to be the next to get re-signed. Props to Bruce for starting early.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 23, 2006, 10:07:51 PM

well one thing is for sure we will have the deep ball with no problem, lol

#28 : December 23, 2006, 10:08:27 PM

well one thing is for sure we will have the deep ball with no problem, lol
That was a thing of beauty when he hit it.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#29 : December 23, 2006, 10:09:20 PM

Nothing here says he won't be traded by draft day.   He's very marketable.   The Glazers have many cards up their sleeves.

Look at the big picture.   This is Monopoly.   Sign the guy and don't hedge your bets.    

Again,  a contract simply keeps the guy from bolting the team without any compensation.  Get it??
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools