Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

BuccoJD

Starter

#30 : December 23, 2006, 10:10:11 PM

I'll go on record saying Simms sucks, is that good enough for you?

This blows.

Anyone would blow behind that sieve we called a line (in those first 3 games).

Many analysts around the league predicted Simms to be an all-pro in the future...the kids gotta be showing something

#31 : December 23, 2006, 10:10:37 PM

Nothing here says he won't be traded by draft day.   He's very marketable.   The Glazers have many cards up their sleeves.

Look at the big picture.   This is Monopoly.   Sign the guy and don't hedge your bets.    

Again,  a contract simply keeps the guy from bolting the team without any compensation.  Get it??
I find your spacing issues confusing and pleasing to my eyes, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter, however that idea is doubtful at best, possible? Yes, probable? No.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 23, 2006, 10:13:30 PM

Blits and Rigo, great points. This thing is not as bad as you think. Its about the greater good and the future of this team. Its not aobut if you like Simms or hate him. We have plenty of options or cards (as blitz noted) guys. This is the beginning, stay tuned.

I'm telling you Rice will be a goner, white will get a deal and we will be walking into FA with Simms (depth at worst at QB which we are pitiful) and probably white AND some change from parting ways from Rice. We are going to be good this offeseason I'm telling you.

Baghead #2

#33 : December 23, 2006, 10:16:48 PM

Not to mention a truck full of cap room to upgrade the D, if we can find a sure hands WR (or if Jazz/Maurice become that) we're rolling next year IMO.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 23, 2006, 10:17:04 PM

I'm out fellas but be ready tomorrow and stay tuned, this is only the beginning....

Baghead #2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#35 : December 23, 2006, 10:17:46 PM

man here we go back to fisrt base, i hope they use the shotgun for simms
What base did you think Grads was on??

#36 : December 23, 2006, 10:18:23 PM

Figure of speech Karen, not of much meaning ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : December 23, 2006, 10:26:45 PM

Figure of speech Karen, not of much meaning ;)
Thank you, Mr Thesarus!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 23, 2006, 10:29:26 PM

Nothing here says he won't be traded by draft day.   He's very marketable.   The Glazers have many cards up their sleeves.

Look at the big picture.   This is Monopoly.   Sign the guy and don't hedge your bets.     

Again,  a contract simply keeps the guy from bolting the team without any compensation.  Get it??

Oh I see we sign simms and then trade him for David Carr, not bad ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#39 : December 23, 2006, 10:29:57 PM

3rd paragraph:

The deal, which is expected to be signed soon, will prevent Simms from becoming an unrestricted free agent at end of the 2006 season.

Expected to sign and HAS signed are 2 different things.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 23, 2006, 10:32:48 PM

3rd paragraph:

The deal, which is expected to be signed soon, will prevent Simms from becoming an unrestricted free agent at end of the 2006 season.

Expected to sign and HAS signed are 2 different things.

They're reporting that they agreed.  Most of the time the rest is formality.  If an agreement was made but no signing it's probably just because Simms isn't physically present to sign it.  Being the holidays it might take until Tuesday or so to get it done, but they seem pretty confident that the main work is finished.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 23, 2006, 10:36:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simms traded on draft day if the Bucs can make the moves they would like in FA.  If not, then Simms is Plan B.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#42 : December 23, 2006, 10:37:10 PM

Again,  look at the big picture.   Some teams need QBs, some WR's, some LB's.   Simms for a solid LB could happen.   We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.   Cap room galore.  High draft picks.  Trade bait.   The Bucs are now holding all the cards.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 23, 2006, 10:39:54 PM

Again,  look at the big picture.   Some teams need QBs, some WR's, some LB's.   Simms for a solid LB could happen.   We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.   Cap room galore.  High draft picks.  Trade bait.   The Bucs are now holding all the cards.

That's a big ass contract for the possibility we might be able to unload him.  More likely we signed him because we want him for ourselves.

gatorbuc25

Practice Squad

#44 : December 23, 2006, 10:49:28 PM

Look you guys are crying for no reason. this is going to be a good deal at 2.5 a year even if he is the back up i think its worth it. Its only 5 mill he's sure to get. And if i remeber correctly last year Brian Griesie got a 5 mill signing bonus!!!! And every one was pisssed when we didn't re-sign him. O-line will be better next year hopfully we'll have calvin and joey as the wideouts so we dont have to worry about dropped balls from clayton
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools