Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have the 'best WR duo in NFC South' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #15 : August 26, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »

Wow if he thinks we have the best wr duo in the south why does this guy always pick the saints to win the division? I mean our biggest flaw on offense is our wrs. If we had another threat opposite Galloway than we would have a pretty solid offense imo, but thing is that is our biggest question on offense right now. This guy obviously didnt think about it enough.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 26, 2008, 10:06:15 PM »

That article was good for comic relief. I'd trade Galloway, Hilliard, and hell.... throw in Clayton for Colston.

No you wouldn't, that's straight stupid.
Straight stupid was drafting Clayton in the first place. ;)

strange no one was saying that after his rookie season though...  everyone seemed to think we had a true stud on our hands...

*sigh*

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 26, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »

If it comes from Yansinkas it must be wrong - he couldn't get it right with the GM feeding him info - nothing has changed.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 26, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »

That article was good for comic relief. I'd trade Galloway, Hilliard, and hell.... throw in Clayton for Colston.

No you wouldn't, that's straight stupid.

I actually agree with the guy.

Dex, Colston, Bryant >>>> Galloway, Hilliard Clayton

SUNNYd WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!

dude last time i saw you, you were puming up desean jackson,

whats good man?   im glad desean got picked up by the eagles, andy reid will let him be a playmaker an play his game.

anyway... sunnyd you gonna be around more?  always enjoyd our convos

lhasara

Second String
« #19 : August 26, 2008, 10:39:26 PM »

Two other, not so minor, points to consider:

1) We all know that Colston had 168 catches/2240yds/ and 19 TD's for his two seasons in the NFL. Don't forget the Saints have a "new" receiver (last years' injured 1st rounder) named Robert Meachem who has 9 catches/211 yds this preseason, with a 54 yd reception and a 60 yd TD in three games.
2) While the "catchers" are important, an even more important part of the battery are the "pitchers". Anyone willing to trade our five for Brees and a player to be named later?

The Crow's Nest

The Q

Pro Bowler

« #20 : August 26, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »

Looking back is ALWAYS 20/20.....ain't it amazing how right or wrong.......some things like a draft pick are!!!!!!!!!!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #21 : August 26, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »

Two other, not so minor, points to consider:

1) We all know that Colston had 168 catches/2240yds/ and 19 TD's for his two seasons in the NFL. Don't forget the Saints have a "new" receiver (last years' injured 1st rounder) named Robert Meachem who has 9 catches/211 yds this preseason, with a 54 yd reception and a 60 yd TD in three games.
2) While the "catchers" are important, an even more important part of the battery are the "pitchers". Anyone willing to trade our five for Brees and a player to be named later?

The Crow's Nest

Bucs pass defense will have to be solid again this year when we play the saints. Remember how bad Brees picked us apart two years ago. I know we werent as good back then but damn I remember going to get lunch and the second half started Gene was like Brees back to throw complete said that so many times and when i came back to watch it was no different.

kmitchell

Starter

« #22 : August 27, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »

"Bucs have the 'best WR duo in NFC South'"-almost like saying whose crap smells the least?

It's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome haha.

No but really, I would trade Galloway and Hilliard for Colston in a second.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 27, 2008, 01:13:07 AM »

If Joey and Antonia are healthy they certainly are a dynamic tandem...they could both make the pro bowl....and with Jackson as the 3rd wr in the slot ...that could give a lot of coachs sleepless nights.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 27, 2008, 06:39:35 AM »

Leave it to Yasinskas, who covers 4 teams for a living, not to know Ike probably isn't even a starter here.

IMO, it'll be Galloway and Bryant.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #25 : August 27, 2008, 07:02:15 AM »

Isn't bryant gonna be the starter? he better be, because hilliard sucks.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 27, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »

While I'd take Muhammed and Smith over Galloway and Hillard, I am certainly happy that none of you are GMs of our football team, seeing some of the trades in talent bandied about here....

obuc

Starter

« #27 : August 27, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »

I was expecting him to say Galloway and Bryant. Hilliard?? The comments were some of these guys are better suited as 3rd or 4th receivers which is what Hilliard should be.

Hilliard should not be starting. If Bryant and Galloway are healthy and start then i would give the nod to us though football wise that is a useless comparison.

I have no idea why they dont compare one teams defensive backs against one teams receivers. You do that, the way it makes alot more sense and we win the comparison easily.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

« #28 : August 27, 2008, 09:47:17 AM »

Hate to break it to ya, but Hilliard could probably be #2 in Carolina and Atlanta too, lol.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 27, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »

If you factor in that the Bucs WRs are the only ones that don't have to face the Bucs' CBs and Safetys twice, I could see his point.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have the 'best WR duo in NFC South' « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools