Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possibly best team ever « previous next »
Page: 1

Booker

Hall of Famer

: August 26, 2008, 09:55:56 PM

Well my friend came to me the other day asking to help him draft a team against his friends. He doesnt and has never played fantasy before and I am all knowing or think I am at my work.So I told him I would,but I would have to call him with picks as I have class: Well when i got his first call I was amazed. Ten man league in ESPN, basic scoring Here it goes people.My QBs suck but I can trade for them:

QB:Kitna and Campbell
WR:Braylon,Andre Johnson,Boldin,Jennings,Roddy White,Brandon Marshall
RB: LT,Portis,Larry Johnson,Selvin Young,Mcgahee,Johnathan Stewart
TE:Owen Daniels
Def:Philly
Kicker:Rackers

#1 : August 26, 2008, 10:40:23 PM

4 team league?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 26, 2008, 10:44:47 PM

It's a ten man and they are idiots. They are not friends of mine so I am glad to steal their money

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 27, 2008, 04:04:43 PM

yeah your QBs will hold you back, and ain't too fond of your TE either.  But kind of crazy that you have a backfield and WR core that good.

In a standard 10 team league, L.T. is the #1 overall pick, if not #2.  Portis and Larry Johnson are late first-early 2nd round picks. I would say Willis McGahhe is a 2nd round pick as well.  You then have Edwards and Johnson who are best 2nd round picks, but at the very least 3rd round picks.  Boldin and Marshall are sick too.
This is a good team, but you should consider trading one if not 2 of your stud RBs.  I'd say try to unload LJ and McGahee for a team with weak RBs and possibly a Peyton Manning.  The problem is everyone is your league is probably mentally challenged and they probably all draftd QBS in the first round from Tom Brady to probably Brett Favre; so their opinion of their QBs may be a little high.

I've seen in another thread on this board a person with an even better team, but your drafted well or just drafted normal amongst mentally challenged

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : August 30, 2008, 08:41:02 AM

I find it ridiculously hard to believe some of these drafts. My theory is bored people have nothing else better to do than join a free league and draft retardedly just because they think it's funny. Even an owner who doesn't show up for their draft and selects Auto-pick gets LT before #10.

The draft I was in last night had some dumbass picking #7 who took Nick Folk in round one, and Seattle defense in round 2. He literally sat through a 53 minute draft process just to draft a completely ridiculous team. His team name? "BeSt DrAfT eVeR"

Usually why I don't play free leagues anymore, but I got the urge to draft last night so joined one. Seemed the other 9 owners picked realistically.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 30, 2008, 10:52:58 AM

Your qbs arent stellar but they're not going to hold you back either.

how you ended up with those WR's and RB's is beyond any reasoning.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 30, 2008, 05:23:52 PM

abuccsfan...yea that is why I am in just one league...it's me and 9 of my friends.... We each put in 100 dollars and have to pay $2 dollars for every add/drop.

it's pretty competitive for the most part.  We do have that one homer eagle fan(i live in NJ) that is actually keeping McNabb over Addai...but the rest of us are pretty smart.

I did some free leagues before but you will often find managers who stink not keeping track of their teams or just being buttheads...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : August 30, 2008, 06:38:47 PM

I'm in an 8 team keeper league with an expanded roster to make up for the small league. Start 2 QBs, 3 RB's, 3 WR's, TE, K, Def/St and a bench of 9 players. We each pay $150, have a clam boil and beer for the draft, cash prizes for SB Champ, Runner-up, division winners, trophies, and SuperBowl ring from Jostens for the champ.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possibly best team ever « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools