Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: alrite guys, here's my team for you to pick apart « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: August 26, 2008, 10:38:13 PM

12-team league...... i had pick #9

QB:

McNabb, Kitna

RBS:

Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Mendenhall, Kevin Smith

WRS:

Braylon Edwards, Boldin, Cotchery, Vincent Jackson, Devin Hester

TE:

Vernon Davis

D:

Steelers, Bucs

K:

Crosby, Rackers

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 26, 2008, 10:39:18 PM

Everything seems good besides the RBs. Putting a lot on three rookie rbs.

#2 : August 26, 2008, 10:42:12 PM

Everything seems good besides the RBs. Putting a lot on three rookie rbs.

Well my thinkin with that was both Stewart and Mendenhall will get goalline carries and Kevin Smith only has to beat out Tatum Bell. That shouldn't be difficult.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 26, 2008, 10:44:15 PM

They will be fine but they have to get to the goalline to score and it's a chance you will be taking

#4 : August 26, 2008, 10:55:20 PM

They will be fine but they have to get to the goalline to score and it's a chance you will be taking

Well, if you happened to catch any of the action this past weekend, you saw both Smith and Stewart score from over 35 yds out......AND they were both running with the first team.

By the way, thanx for your critique.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 26, 2008, 11:36:47 PM

cant stand your rbs.

gore in a mike martz system...  not that good.  unless mike martz changed philosphy overnight.  and then 2 backs sharing time (rookies), and one fighting for a starting job as a rookie?

not looking so hott there.

WRs- good, besides hester, but maybe he will ball out, but for the first two weeks, you should almost drop hester and pick up eddie royal, hes now the starter for denver.

QBs- McNabb can have a MVP type year if he stays healthy.  Kitna is in a new run first offense.  i dont see him putting up crazy yards or TD's this year.

TE - Davis should have a big year in the martz system, great pick up.

Steeler n bucs D - great pick ups.

and those kickers should get the job done for you.

#6 : August 26, 2008, 11:57:49 PM

cant stand your rbs.

gore in a mike martz system... not that good. unless mike martz changed philosphy overnight. and then 2 backs sharing time (rookies), and one fighting for a starting job as a rookie?

I may be mistaken but I believe Faulk put up ridiculous #'s under Martz AND there is no Holt, Bruce, Calvin Johnson or Roy Williams on this team.

WRs- good, besides hester, but maybe he will ball out, but for the first two weeks, you should almost drop hester and pick up eddie royal, hes now the starter for denver.

I love Royal and think he'll be good but i've watched them play....  Marshall, Colbert, D-Jack and Stokely all see the field before him.

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : August 27, 2008, 09:26:02 AM

cant stand your rbs.

gore in a mike martz system... not that good. unless mike martz changed philosphy overnight. and then 2 backs sharing time (rookies), and one fighting for a starting job as a rookie?

I may be mistaken but I believe Faulk put up ridiculous #'s under Martz AND there is no Holt, Bruce, Calvin Johnson or Roy Williams on this team.

I love Royal and think he'll be good but i've watched them play....  Marshall, Colbert, D-Jack and Stokely all see the field before him.

Except Gore isn't Faulk and the Rams were winning 13, 14 games so they were running alot. The 49ers aren't going to win squat and will be bottom 5 in rush attempts. Drop one of the Ks and pickup Steve Slaton.

#8 : August 27, 2008, 09:30:34 AM

Rams were not running a lot.... even when up 20 pts.

And actually, my intent was to draft ricky williams and i forgot.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 27, 2008, 09:42:45 AM

Rams were not running a lot.... even when up 20 pts.

And actually, my intent was to draft ricky williams and i forgot.

u should get caddilac williams on the waiver wire :)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 27, 2008, 12:29:00 PM

cant stand your rbs.

Gore is gonna be great with Martz.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 27, 2008, 04:18:51 PM

12-team league...... i had pick #9

QB:

McNabb, Kitna

RBS:

Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Mendenhall, Kevin Smith

WRS:

Braylon Edwards, Boldin, Cotchery, Vincent Jackson, Devin Hester

TE:

Vernon Davis

D:

Steelers, Bucs

K:

Crosby, Rackers

Not bad.  I'm used to 10 team leagues, so I can't give you a good sense of how your team will do, but at least it seems your in a competitive league.  I mean some of these teams listed on this board are just laugable with like 5 first round picks on them.

Things I like:
Donovan McNabb-solid QB.  Just got to hope he stays healthy.  He can get probably around 20-25 TDs for you if healthy.
Gore- He is a beast and even tho Martz is pass happy, the 49ers will run the ball first.  Gore is their best weapon.
Edwards and Boldin will be their usual selfs and I think Cotchery could be Favre's main target.

Things I don't like:
rookie RBs-  Stewart will probably share carries with DeAngelo Williams.  Mendenhall will play 2nd fiddle to Parker, but I do like him and think he may over-take Parker at sometime this season.  Kevin Smith will probably split carries with whoever sorry excuse for a RB the Lions have in their stable.

You better hope that Stewart or Medenhall become impact players, because I dont like your RBs.

Only other thing I dont like is that you have Gore and Davis.  Both solid players, but I guess I dont like having 2 players on a 4-5 win team.  Both by themselves may be decent, but if the 49ers get stomped in some weeks, which they most likely will, you will have trouble there.

I guess My advice would be to ride it out and play close attention on Sundays.  Don't make any waivor wire moves and try to get the 1st waivor priority.  Then as you pay attention on Sundays', if another Ryan Grant or Earnest Graham arises, you can nab them.  Also root for the 49ers.

#12 : August 27, 2008, 07:09:31 PM

Not bad. I'm used to 10 team leagues, so I can't give you a good sense of how your team will do, but at least it seems your in a competitive league. I mean some of these teams listed on this board are just laugable with like 5 first round picks on them.

Things I like:
Donovan McNabb-solid QB. Just got to hope he stays healthy. He can get probably around 20-25 TDs for you if healthy.
Gore- He is a beast and even tho Martz is pass happy, the 49ers will run the ball first. Gore is their best weapon.
Edwards and Boldin will be their usual selfs and I think Cotchery could be Favre's main target.

Things I don't like:
rookie RBs- Stewart will probably share carries with DeAngelo Williams. Mendenhall will play 2nd fiddle to Parker, but I do like him and think he may over-take Parker at sometime this season. Kevin Smith will probably split carries with whoever sorry excuse for a RB the Lions have in their stable.

You better hope that Stewart or Medenhall become impact players, because I dont like your RBs.

Only other thing I dont like is that you have Gore and Davis. Both solid players, but I guess I dont like having 2 players on a 4-5 win team. Both by themselves may be decent, but if the 49ers get stomped in some weeks, which they most likely will, you will have trouble there.

I guess My advice would be to ride it out and play close attention on Sundays. Don't make any waivor wire moves and try to get the 1st waivor priority. Then as you pay attention on Sundays', if another Ryan Grant or Earnest Graham arises, you can nab them. Also root for the 49ers.

Thanx for your analysis and I agree with you completely. Some of the teams on this board seem to have been in 6 team drafts. The rosters are laughable.

I've never been high on McNabb.... too injury prone but I think he'll have sumthin to prove this year or his days in Philly are over.

As for Stewart, I think the Panthers go back to smashmouth football like they did with Stephen Davis. Stewart is a prime candidate for that. He may start off slow but I think he'll still get goal line carries and eventually take over..... though I could be wrong.

Mendenhall was my pick in case Parker isn't back to 100% from his broken leg. At least I have a quality backup.

Kevin Smith only has to beat out Tatum Bell..... nuff said.

I try not to put to much emphasis on rbs like everyone else does because they are so unpredictable. Unless you can get one of the obvious studs, i'd rather focus on wrs since we start 3. Last year, i started the season with Travis Henry and Willie Parker as my rbs..... ended the season with All Day and Ryan Grant. It was a beautiful thing. My WRS were T.O., Who's-yo-mama, and Jennings. Needless to say, I kicked azz.

Same will happen this year. Can't wait to revisit some of these rosters mid season.

kmitchell

Starter

#13 : August 29, 2008, 12:46:03 AM

You put a lot of faith in the 49ers offense. The 49ers offense was horrible last year, and I don't think Martz is going to change it that much. Bad OL, J.T. O'Sullivan, and no WR corp to be respected. Davis can't catch in general, and I think Frank Gore is going to play a lot of 7 or 8 guys in the box.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 29, 2008, 11:44:27 PM

Who was your 1st round pick???

Honestly, I think your QB's are Hot and Cold kinda FF players. They can either one week put up great numbers (Saw Kitna do that last year with like a couple 3+ TD games) and then taking McNabb who is known for injury alot could come back to haunt you.

Runningbacks arent too bad but rookie RB's are a mighty risk. None of those guys are really Adrian Peterson like producers that I could think of.

WR's are good except for Hester. Didnt really get much PT on the O last year but hes just like D.Jax. A KR PR guy.

TE is ok.

Good D

Alright kickers.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: alrite guys, here's my team for you to pick apart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools