Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signing and Gruden/Allen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: December 23, 2006, 10:35:48 PM

What does this say about their futures in Tampa, or at the very least their perceived futures?  I don't think Gruden could afford to roll the dice like this if his job was really in jeapordy.  If he needs to win immediately, Garcia seems the better choice.  Thoughts?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 23, 2006, 10:38:36 PM

I think Simms is insurance against not being able to get a guy like Garcia in FA.  If we get a guy signed that the FO likes, Simms becimes trade bait on draft day.  IMO, of course.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#2 : December 23, 2006, 11:01:48 PM

Well, I think this is a good move.  I admit that I was not Simms' biggest supporter this season, but I would not mind seeing him back next season.  I think he could flourish in a different offensive system.  Obviously, I don't want Gruden back.  I am fine with Simms next year, but I would like a new offense in place, because the one Gruden has, is not a fit for Chris Simms.

richbucsfan

Starter

#3 : December 23, 2006, 11:09:49 PM

"According to my sources"... Gruden is going to Alabama and Allen will be the AD there....

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : December 23, 2006, 11:54:27 PM

"According to my sources"... Gruden is going to Alabama and Allen will be the AD there....
lol

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#5 : December 24, 2006, 12:00:45 AM

"According to my source"...you're on crack!  ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 24, 2006, 12:01:51 AM

lol

bucshot224

Second String

#7 : December 24, 2006, 02:04:54 AM

As far as Allen goes, I think he'll be here for a while unless he decides to step down. He's done a great job in my opinion. With the signing of Simms, I think it may mark the end of Gruden's tenure here in Tampa unless he can make Chirs fit into his scheme.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 24, 2006, 02:13:01 AM

As far as Allen goes, I think he'll be here for a while unless he decides to step down. He's done a great job in my opinion. With the signing of Simms, I think it may mark the end of Gruden's tenure here in Tampa unless he can make Chirs fit into his scheme.
And it is a point that many should consider.

Under Cover

Rookie

#9 : December 24, 2006, 02:28:54 AM

Good sign for Gruden/Allen and Simms future here. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 24, 2006, 07:04:07 AM

What does this say about their futures in Tampa, or at the very least their perceived futures?  I don't think Gruden could afford to roll the dice like this if his job was really in jeapordy.  If he needs to win immediately, Garcia seems the better choice.  Thoughts?

Almost everyone is making the assumption that with the impending signing of (not finalized yet) Simms that they are done at the QB position.  Reality is they will pursue a veteran in free agency.  And then there is Rattay who has the last two games to audition his abilities.

#11 : December 24, 2006, 10:21:23 AM

YOU ARE THE MAN CHRIS!

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 24, 2006, 10:26:00 AM

we'll have either garcia or rattay backing up ,if rattay shows well the last 2 games they could sign him with the promise the qb is wide open.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 24, 2006, 11:30:25 AM

I think Simms is insurance against not being able to get a guy like Garcia in FA. If we get a guy signed that the FO likes, Simms becimes trade bait on draft day. IMO, of course.
Not being an NFL capologist...but this makes great sense to me...very palatable contract for another team and we keep McCown as a backup to Garcia...with Grads waiting to take over...sounds good in theory at least

You must be accountable for your actions!

#14 : December 24, 2006, 11:40:44 AM

I like the Simms signing and feel that if he is IN that might mean Gruden is OUT, since he doesn't really like Simms and would be very uncomfortable playing him next year and would try and sabotage the situation somehow.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signing and Gruden/Allen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools