Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How soon we forget « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« : December 23, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

I am puzzled by the move to sign Chris Simms to a contract where he is given five million up front?  I don't care how much insurance the guy provides, our free agency money is already going in the wrong direction.  It amazes me how soon we have forgotten the Chris Simms throwing problems that proved to be the season killer of 2006.  Everyone in the entire football world knew this guy just didn't have it together.  Or was it the system he was running??  Regardless, I don't like the direction we are heading in by giving an unproven player this type of contract.

« #1 : December 23, 2006, 11:01:54 PM »

He was 5-0 in 2005....just saying...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 23, 2006, 11:04:14 PM »

??? ??? ??? ???   He was 6-5.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 23, 2006, 11:04:33 PM »

I agree, but wasn't running the full system then either.  At the opening of the 2006 we gave him the full play book and he either didn't study, or just didn't understand.  Regardless, It just doesn't make any since at this point to give him any type of contract IMO.  I don't think the contract is over priced that much, I just don't like the prospects of us actually contemplating Chris Simms starting next season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 23, 2006, 11:04:47 PM »

That was Griese RJ.

And Guru, way to pin ALL the failures of the team on one man.  The defense and it's piss poor playing, and the made-of-foam O-line thank you for this tremendous accusation.  Which is false.

There are many reason why the BUcs started as slowly as they did.  And SImms is not to blame for all of them.

« #5 : December 23, 2006, 11:05:09 PM »

??? ??? ??? ??? He was 6-5.
Oh crap...in the NFC South I meant...my bad.

« #6 : December 23, 2006, 11:09:07 PM »

And Guru, way to pin ALL the failures of the team on one man.  The defense and it's piss poor playing, and the made-of-foam O-line thank you for this tremendous accusation.  Which is false.

Consider the source....the front-runner of the regime haters.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #7 : December 23, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »

Boid, the O-line got a bad rap for the first three games of the season.  They did a great job considering that we played the Ravens, first half Falcons, and Panthers.  The defense or O-line didn't have anything to do with the Simms batted passes, or Gradkowski all of a sudden became a miracle worker.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 23, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »

And Guru, way to pin ALL the failures of the team on one man. The defense and it's piss poor playing, and the made-of-foam O-line thank you for this tremendous accusation. Which is false.

Consider the source....the front-runner of the regime haters.

Exactly.  The TBBBB sheepherders have schooled him well, I guess.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 23, 2006, 11:10:41 PM »

Prefer, there is no hate at all in this thread.  Sounds as if you want to start a conspiracy?

« #10 : December 23, 2006, 11:13:05 PM »

There is a history that preceeds this thread.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 23, 2006, 11:13:53 PM »

Do you remind everyone of their past?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 23, 2006, 11:15:56 PM »

Boid, the O-line got a bad rap for the first three games of the season. They did a great job considering that we played the Ravens, first half Falcons, and Panthers. The defense or O-line didn't have anything to do with the Simms batted passes, or Gradkowski all of a sudden became a miracle worker.
"Guru", think about this.

The Bucs gave up over 300 yards to the Falcons on the ground, and Simms had two of his three picks going deep, in an attempt to make something happen.  His other pick in the game bounced of a foot, of a guy in the EZ, and it popped back up into the arms of a lucky DB.  Simms in that game had three picks, but he was going deep, and generated over 300 yards in the air with no run support.  The were getting creamed in the T.O.P. game as a result of the defenses inability to stop anything.

As for the Ravens game, no run game, not much defensive help, and definitely an overmatched team playing a far superior team led to the Bucs demise.  That wasn't a game from snap number 1.

Carolina game, the kid plays with a busted spleen, and leads the Bucs to a winnable situation, and the defense on fourth down fails to stop JAKE DELHOMME!!! of all people from scrambling for ten yards, allowing them to kick the winning FG with almost zilch on the clock.  And Simms rushed for a TD in that game, and threw for one.  He was on his way up, and played with a lot of grit.  I blame the defense for that loss, again.

Did you even watch the first three games?  For anyone to pin all the failures on Simms is just biased hate because this reason or that reason.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 23, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »

Do you remind everyone of their past?
The past is still the present Padre.  You have not changed your song a single note, so get off it man.  You just bring the hate, and the flamethrower.  That is all.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #14 : December 23, 2006, 11:18:30 PM »

Thats the marketplace.   More cap money, and few free agent QBs out there.  Thats what Simms would have gotten out there on the market, and the Bucs would have had to bring in someone just as iffy and who doesn't know the system.

Bottom line:  Its Gruden's job to tailor his offense to make the most of Simms talent, and to minimize the weaknesses.  Gruden knows Simms' game, and he has all offseason to work on it. Last off season it was Simms job to prove that he could run Gruden's offense. Now we know what Simms can and can't do. This offseason its Gruden's turn to work to prove that his offense can run with Simms.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How soon we forget « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools