Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How soon we forget « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 23, 2006, 11:22:08 PM

I just hope Gruden realizes he needs to become more flexible in his gameplanning, to allow for the talent of the players to best implement his schemes.  I think Gruden needs to add some new buttons to this offense, and since he is a very young man and still learning, I think it is more than a possibility.

I mean, once again, I need to bring up Simms batted ball problems in games.  Because in practice it did not EVER happen, nor did the Bucs do much to try to change the nature of Simms mechanics, until the regular season started.  And they used a PVC dummy with a Rucker jersey on it!  That is laughable...and obviously with Gruden even mentioning and lining up in the Star Wars sets, it shows he is willing to adapt slowly.

If at all.

But I have faith he will alter his offense a bit. 

#16 : December 23, 2006, 11:24:00 PM

There is a history that preceeds this thread.

Do you remind everyone of their past?

It is YOUR past, not mine.  It is called integrity.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 23, 2006, 11:24:45 PM

The past is still the present Padre.  You have not changed your song a single note, so get off it man.  You just bring the hate, and the flamethrower.  That is all.

Boid, I respect your opinion, but to throw someone's past up is pointless and not relevant to the point.  Simms doesn't get the blame for the entire season, but he sure got it off to a terrible start.  We can point the finger at everyone, but that didn't have anything to do with those batted passes and you know it.  I find it shocking to hear you even believe that the batted passes was anyone's fault other than Simm's

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 23, 2006, 11:26:13 PM

It is YOUR past, not mine.  It is called integrity.

I guess satan is full of integrity.  For it is satan that reminds someone of their past failures and attempts to condemn them. 

#19 : December 23, 2006, 11:29:31 PM

Oh boy.....

#20 : December 23, 2006, 11:30:09 PM

Spare me Guru...please.

Man up and admit it....you are a hater, pure and simple.  And you have condemned the regime for failures, present AND past.  So you speak of Satan from experience.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 23, 2006, 11:30:33 PM

The past is still the present Padre. You have not changed your song a single note, so get off it man. You just bring the hate, and the flamethrower. That is all.

Boid, I respect your opinion, but to throw someone's past up is pointless and not relevant to the point. Simms doesn't get the blame for the entire season, but he sure got it off to a terrible start. We can point the finger at everyone, but that didn't have anything to do with those batted passes and you know it. I find it shocking to hear you even believe that the batted passes was anyone's fault other than Simm's

Do you honestly think batted passes are the reason why the Bucs lost all those games?

I mean, once again, that is you zeroing in on one man, and his error, and pinning them to all three of the games lost.  I just can't go with that sir, nor will I.  Even if Haloti Ngata did not return that ball to the goal line area after the tip in the Ravens game, they (the Bucs) would have lost that one.  They were flat as a team.  NOt just at the QB spot.

The defense couldn't stop a group of old folks trying to get their senior discounts at Dennys in those three games.  And when they finally picked it up and caught some steam (the second half Carolina game #3), they STILL wound up blowing it.

#22 : December 23, 2006, 11:34:28 PM

exactly Boid....exactly....which is why I think Kiffin deserves falck also....but he gets none.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 23, 2006, 11:41:52 PM

exactly Boid....exactly....which is why I think Kiffin deserves falck also....but he gets none.

Nobody in the Bucs organization should be free from critism at this point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 23, 2006, 11:44:01 PM

Matt Bryant gets an exemption from me.  As does Ronde Barber.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : December 23, 2006, 11:55:12 PM

Simms had two bad games this year. I think we need to cut him some slack. I know I jumped on him too early.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#26 : December 24, 2006, 12:04:58 AM

I just don't see how people are spinning this to be a bad thing.  He's still a young QB, but one who has been in our system for some time.  IMO, he's our best FA option at QB.  And other teams would like to have him as well, so if we can sign him now and preempt a bidding war, this is definitely good use of cap money, especially considering the fact that the dollars in the contract are largely incentive-based.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : December 24, 2006, 12:22:20 AM

Matt Bryant gets an exemption from me. As does Ronde Barber.
Q gets a pass as well.

Under Cover

Rookie

#28 : December 24, 2006, 02:36:04 AM

How soon we forget he led us to a dvision title.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 24, 2006, 06:01:41 AM

How soon we forget he led us to a dvision title.
Thats arguable-- He played well enouh to get us one-- but led is a little strong-- 10 TD's in 10 games with a heck of a running game and the #1 defense, not to mention Griese's 5-1 start. The 3 comeback wins in 2005 were very good games for Simms but the others were basically he did enough not to lose them with a #1 defense supporting him and a hell of a running game. Just what you expect from a young QB but his regression was astoundingly pitiful.

I dont mind the signing but am not too excited about it either. I'll take a wait and see-- i dont hold out much hope for him. He just looked awful for a guy with 4 years in and a season of live action under him when he melted down. Couple that with his past and he is run of the mill to poor. He has the intangibles of good height and a cannon, it's just his mechanics and between his shoulders where the problem seems to be. That and he isn't very durable. But with a crap FA market he may have been more lucky than good.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How soon we forget « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools