Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Seminoles on NFL's ALL GOOD GUYS TEAM! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Runole

Hall of Famer
: August 27, 2008, 05:38:16 PM

Boldin, Brooks, and Dunn

Offense

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/50432-the-all-nfl-good-guys-team-offense

Defense

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=5.0

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2008, 09:10:29 AM

Oh boy. Alert the President.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2008, 12:01:29 PM

As nice as community work, etc.,  is, I'd hate to be an NFL player on a "Nice Guy" list.  I'd want people to fear me, not want to give me a hug. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2008, 03:39:01 PM

As nice as community work, etc.,  is, I'd hate to be an NFL player on a "Nice Guy" list.  I'd want people to fear me, not want to give me a hug. 

I guess it's all personal preference in what you'd want to be called, but it's not that hard to be a Nice Guy who's feared on the field of play .... especially considering we probably had one of the Top 5 all-time of those type guys play here.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2008, 03:55:46 PM

Being feared on and off the field are two totally different things.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 28, 2008, 04:57:43 PM

Being feared on and off the field are two totally different things.

I would enjoy both.
hhaha

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

LFO

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 28, 2008, 05:50:36 PM

I love Brooks and Dunn.

Boldin....seems like a good guy, but needs to quit whining.  I understand he wants a new deal and likely deserves one....but keep it between player and team.  Besides, his production has declined the last few years and they probably want him to stay healthy this year and he would get his or be able to go somewhere where he will.  The charity works is great though.  Perhaps him and even Brooks can join all of the Gators, Seminoles (including Dunn), and Canes who teamed up for this:

www.makeaplayfoundation.org

……… The Make a Play Foundation’s vision is to provide academic or recreational grants designed to fund educational field trips, improve or build community playgrounds and athletic fields, provide college scholarships, develop leadership programs, reward academic improvements or success, purchase athletic equipment and uniforms, purchase musical instruments, provide computers and technology to local community centers and fund additional family-based programs.

UF
Neal Anderson
James Bates
Lomas Brown
Earnest Graham
Jacquez Green
Terry Jackson
Willie Jackson, Jr.
Shane Matthews
Errict Rhett
Max Starks
Fred Weary
Lawrence Wright

FSU
Warrick Dunn
Marvin Jones
Nick Maddox

Miami
Santana Moss
Sinorice Moss
Burgess Owens
Leon Searcy

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 28, 2008, 06:29:30 PM

i dont think you can really say his production is declining, some stats go up, some go down.  and didnt you already post that make a play foundation info?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 28, 2008, 08:45:01 PM

i dont think you can really say his production is declining, some stats go up, some go down.  and didnt you already post that make a play foundation info?

He had less, catches, yards, yards/c, and YAC avg last year than the previous 2.  He did have less games, but his averages were down also.  The only thing he really went up in was TD.  He also has missed 12 games in his 5 years. 

Either way, what Boldin is doing with his foundation is great.  I just don't think he should risk tarnishing his image by whining publicly about his deal. 

And I did post the make a play foundation, but I though it fit well here given A. It involves charity and former nfl/college football players and b. it includes DUNN and other Seminoles.

Funny you bring that up though, as I post that thread of the GOOD players from 3 top State Schools are doing and it gets zero replies, yet one thread on FSU cheating would garner pages and pages.  Weird how that works.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 29, 2008, 03:51:19 PM

I applaud the foundation that LFO mentions but it hardly compares with community work that both Brooks and Dunn have been personally involved.

Any player that makes contract disputes public is going to suffer PR as LFO points out.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 29, 2008, 11:38:31 PM

I applaud the foundation that LFO mentions but it hardly compares with community work that both Brooks and Dunn have been personally involved.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I think any charity work is great; to say one is better than another is kind of silly.  Doing stuff such as "fund educational field trips, improve or build community playgrounds and athletic fields, provide college scholarships, develop leadership programs, reward academic improvements or success, purchase athletic equipment and uniforms, purchase musical instruments, provide computers and technology to local community centers and fund additional family-based programs" could quite well turn out to be more beneficial than say Dunn buying a house as perhaps it provides those who may not otherwise have the opportunity to make themselves better and buy their own house, for instance. 

The ultimate goal is to help others and I think all the charity work mentioned in this thread accomplishes that.  There is no sense in trying to undermine any of it by saying "such and such" is better. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 01, 2008, 09:47:57 AM

Like I said Brooks and Dunn individually have done incredible charity work  and the addition of Boldin was there as well. I applaud the work of all charities.    That you choose to hijack their  accomplishments by bringing another charitable organization is typical of the smarmy individual you are.  Just can't stand to see those Nole players do well can you? lol  Notice I applaud Ernest Graham but somehow you can't bring yourself to praise a Nole player.   Thanks again! for showing your lack of character.  Hope this doesn't represent the typical gator fan but I have to admit it does seem to be a characteristic.

Oh and I guess you are ready to jeer Geno Hayes for making the Bucs.. What a complete child you are!!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 01, 2008, 11:12:31 AM

Like I said Brooks and Dunn individually have done incredible charity work  and the addition of Boldin was there as well. I applaud the work of all charities.    That you choose to hijack their  accomplishments by bringing another charitable organization is typical of the smarmy individual you are.  Just can't stand to see those Nole players do well can you? lol  Notice I applaud Ernest Graham but somehow you can't bring yourself to praise a Nole player.   Thanks again! for showing your lack of character.  Hope this doesn't represent the typical gator fan but I have to admit it does seem to be a characteristic.

Oh and I guess you are ready to jeer Geno Hayes for making the Bucs.. What a complete child you are!!

LOL.

How did I say anything bad about Brooks or Dunn?  I didn't praise them?  Do you know how to read? 

How did I diminish anything?  By showing players from Miami, UF, and FSU teaming up to help, which includes Dunn, I did something wrong?  I applaud all charities too, which is why I made note of the MANY who are doing so, including Dunn.  Did I not say "I love Brooks and Dunn?"  I have praised them MANY times.  They are 2 of my favorite players and I have said that many times.  But I guess you choose to ignore that in order to get your usual bash post in.  Typical.

You are a piece of work. 

As for Geno, all I can say is I hope he takes his opportunity and makes the most of it.  So far it seems he is staying out of trouble, and hopefully that continues.  When players become BUCS I could care less where they came from.

Typical Nole fan. Ignorant and makes stuff up to try and poke fun at a Gator fan.  Next time learn how to read and comprehend what is said before opening your trap. 

Thanks again for sowing YOUR lack of character and honesty by making stuff up. It is a good thing other Nole fans on this board are a bit more level headed than you.  A child?  LOL.  Says the guy who makes stuff up, and calls people names then turns around and says "Don't call me names." 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 01, 2008, 11:41:03 AM

Looks like Dunn has no problem with the Make a Play Foundation...neither do MANY former FSU, UF, and UM players.  Except....RUNOLE.  Oh wait, he is a USF alum.  Perhaps he is just dyslexic and made a mistake?

Dunn is and always has been a class act.  Was glad we brought him back to TB so I could dust off my old Dunn jersey.  I have made a donation in support of this, what a great way to help others.  I applaud everyone involved with this charity and others for giving back to the community.

FORMER PLAYERS BUILD ON UM-UF RIVALRY WITH CHARITY CHALLENGE

MIAMI, Fla � Saturday, August 30th - The Make a Play Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity made up of former football players of Florida, Florida State and Miami, will launch a week-long fundraising challenge to benefit families in Gainesville, Miami and Tallahassee during the week of the UF-UM game. The foundation is partnering with the University of Florida and the University of Miami's Habitat for Humanity chapters to raise funds and recruit construction volunteers to sponsor and build homes for families in Gainesville and Miami. The Rivals Challenge also will partner with the Warrick Dunn Foundation, an organization founded by the former FSU running back to provide single-parent families with the opportunity of home ownership.

The Rivals Challenge will begin on Sunday, August 31st at midnight and donations will be accepted through Friday, September 5th at 5 p.m. on the Make a Play Foundation�s official Web site at www.makeaplayfoundation.org. Standings will be updated daily on the Web site by 7 p.m. The winning city will be announced the morning of the UF-UM game on September 6th.

"It's about love for our neighbors, we've challenged each other this week but in reality these homes will help change these families� lives,� Make a Play�s co-founder Terry Jackson said. �We�re all competitors, but when we are able to put those new keys into these families� hands, that's what it's all about."

The campus Habitat for Humanity chapters at UF and UM are focused on raising donations to sponsor and build a home in each university�s city. If the funds are raised, the homes will be built in Gainesville and Miami in early 2009 by the chapter members and their volunteers. The average cost for sponsorship of each home is $60,000.

�Whether you swing a hammer, make a donation, or simply spread the word to your friends, you are helping lift walls and open doors for a family,� UF Habitat for Humanity President Paul Loschak said. �Rivalries like this one give football fans everywhere an amazing energy. Regardless of who wins or loses, we have a chance right now to use this energy and leave a mark on two local families� lives.�

"Every house Habitat builds has a unique essence of brotherhood and unity, but having houses sponsored and built by Hurricane and Gator students would illustrate the dedication and commitment of the good will of young people in such a time of economic hardship,� UM Habitat for Humanity President Dalal El**CENSORED** said. �We will be the direct cause to giving a new life to the families we work with."

Fans in Tallahassee also will have the opportunity to compete in the Rivals Challenge, benefiting local single-parent families through Dunn�s foundation and his �Home for the Holidays� program. The Warrick Dunn Foundation provides a down payment on a home selected by the single parent and associated with an approved non-profit home ownership program. Homes are fully furnished for the entire family with furniture, appliances, linens, d�cor, lawn and garden equipment, cleaning supplies and groceries. The Make a Play Foundation�s goal is to assist two Tallahassee families through the challenge.

�Our foundation is proud to be a part of a challenge that embraces the tradition and competitiveness of Florida�s college football fans,� said FSU alumnus and Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Warrick Dunn.

If donations exceed the goals of the Rivals Challenge in the respective area, they will fund additional housing opportunities through the partnering programs and will also be shared with the Make a Play Foundation to provide youth academic and recreational grants for children in Florida.

Founding members of the Player Panel include Neal Anderson (UF), James Bates (UF), Lomas Brown (UF), Chris Doering (UF), Warrick Dunn (FSU), Earnest Graham (UF), Jacquez Green (UF), Terry Jackson (UF), Willie Jackson, Jr. (UF), Marvin Jones (FSU), Nick Maddox (FSU), Shane Matthews (UF), Santana Moss (Miami), Sinorice Moss (Miami), Burgess Owens (Miami), Errict Rhett (UF), Leon Searcy (Miami), Max Starks (UF), Fred Weary (UF) and Lawrence Wright (UF).

The Make a Play Foundation will partner with a different national or regional charity and dedicate service hours and donations to the adopted organization during each of the head-to-head competition weeks throughout the season. The 2008 college football schedule includes games at all three universities: Florida hosts Miami in Gainesville on September 6th, Miami will host Florida State at Dolphin Stadium on October 4th and Florida will travel to Tallahassee to face Florida State on November 29th.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 03, 2008, 02:15:12 PM

Nothing wrong with Make a Play foundation but what does that have to do with the 3 Seminoles being posted as NFL good Guys?

Don't be so envious of the FSU program and fine players it has put in the NFL.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Seminoles on NFL's ALL GOOD GUYS TEAM! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools