Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the fans at Rays games? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#285 : September 04, 2008, 02:23:32 PM

Okay I need to chime in on this, if you look at all of the attendance tonight around the league it is low almost everywhere, the economy is a huge factor. People are struggling to pay there electric bills, and the drive down to south St pete is a huge factor as well.. 

Anyone who says Tampa is not a baseball town does not know the history of Tampa and the players we have put through our little league system.. We have a rich baseball tradition.

Attendance is not down with teams still in the race.

There were 15 games last night in MLB. Out of those 15,  6 featured a home team that was in the playoff chase.
In those games, the attendance was:

Arizona with 27,568. Then you had...

Milwaukee 36,587
Boston 37,710
Los Angeles 39,330
Chicago 39,846

Only one team was playing the evil empire, with a chance to put a nail in their coffin.
Tampa drew 21,629. And when A Rod hit a HR, one third stood and cheered. How many
were Rays' fans?

As far as not knowing the history of Tampa? I'm well aware of it. My ex-wife was the
ball girl when Tino Martinez played for Jefferson. The list of MLB stars is a lengthy
one. But what does that have to do with fans supporting this team? Nothing. When
it comes to supporting a team, Tampa is not a baseball town.

Economy plays a role. But crappy stadium and location shouldn't come into play
as much when the team is FINALLY doing good. No, not good, Great! Amazing!
It's not as if the fans are spoiled with post season play like in Atlanta. Those
fans had seen so much NLCS and Wild Card games, that they stayed away
until the World Series. Tampa should be lapping this up. It might not happen
again for a few years. No guarantees.

I have to disagree with you. it does reflect Tampa as a great town for baseball.. You don't put out the likes of
Steve Garvey
Gary Sheffield
Wade Boggs
Dwight Gooden
Dave Magadan
Fred McGriff
Tino Martinez
Brad Radke
Luis Gonzalez
Tony Larussa
Lou Piniella
and I could go on with more if you want.
But also we have sent the most little league teams to Williamsport more than any other city in the whole U.S.A.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

And not to beat a dead horse, but you put the staduim on the Tampa side and it draws crowds everyday, it doesn't take rocket science to realize that TAMPA IS YOUNGER MORE HIP AND THE HUB OF THE WHOLE WEST COAST..
NUFF SAID..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#286 : September 05, 2008, 04:48:59 PM

although i havent heard sileo talk about attendance, i dont think most can tell when he is speaking the truth or just trying to rile up his listeners.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#287 : September 06, 2008, 06:05:08 AM

Sileo is a turd. I hate to say it but I'd rather listen to Duemig than Sileo any day of the week.

Page: 1 ... 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the fans at Rays games? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools