Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs were to trade... « previous next »
Page: 1

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: December 24, 2006, 12:24:00 AM

If the bucs were to trade their 7th round pick for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, some of you would dog and moan about that. You'd give us the (they aren't right for the system...or we take on too much cap) ol woes me stuff. Now I am not thrilled with the Simms signing, but I'd rather have him back with an incentive laden contract that most other free agents out there.

The bottom line is the kid only played in 2 games and everyone had given up on him and then he practically killed himself putting on a gutsy performance against Carolina. I'd rather bring him back with a low risk and see him struggle than let someone go (that we still don't know what they can do) and see him star for someone else.

Yes, this could backfire. But, it could also turn out to be a good thing. The bottom line is we need better play from our QB. New line help next year should give our QB that much more of an opportunity. The Bucs have showed Simms the money, now it's time for him to step up and earn it.

That's why I like the incentives. If he stinks it up, it won't cost us much and the Bucs could still try and bring in a vetran like a Garcia or Plummer to compete for the starting job.

Before we all start crying and abandon ship, lets see what happens. After 2005, most people were excited about our QB depth. 3 games into the season, a lot of people gave up on Simms. Let's just hope he can rebound and return to his 2005 form.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#1 : December 24, 2006, 12:24:43 AM

Wait we traded a 7th rounder for those cap killers...great job Bruce Allen, wasting our cap for no-fits.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 24, 2006, 12:30:54 AM

How the heck are the Bucs suppose to build a D with those two on the payroll. Besides, Manning or not, if Clayton and Caddy keep on dropping passes and line line can't hold for more than a second, the offense will still suck.

Under Cover

Rookie

#3 : December 24, 2006, 02:29:46 AM

Wa Wa Wa.  another whining thread.  Gets old after awhile.

#4 : December 24, 2006, 07:14:53 AM

I'd trade every one of our picks for the next 10 years for one of those future HoF!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 24, 2006, 08:35:18 AM

Simms looked pathetic this season and now everyone wants to make excuses for the guy.  And let's face it, it was either HIM or the SYSTEM.  Gradkowski came in and made the offensive line look great, at least for a while.  When it is known that our team needs a solid QB for the future, we go out and make this move?  We can only hope that they have a better back up plan for next year other than Jay Feidler????

#6 : December 24, 2006, 08:37:27 AM

Kodiak

Nice to see someone that gets the big picture. Some never will.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 24, 2006, 08:40:59 AM

This debate is already taking place in two other threads.

And Grads did not make our O Line look great. He made them look okay.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs were to trade... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools