Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I will almost gurantee you that Gruden will NOT be fired « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 24, 2006, 10:36:07 AM

Obviously if Gruden and Allen are making this kind of deal with Simms, they both are not planning to be fired. And the ownership has not said anything to suggest they are even considering firing the coaching staff. Unlike in Oakland where everyone and their daddy knows Art Shell is out the door. No question about that.

There is no way the Glazers are going to fire Gruden, at least not this year. Not after what they gave up to bring him here. Joel and Bryan are the ones that would pull the trigger on Gruden, and they both love the man. They love his attitude even though many fans do not. And there is no one proven out there to bring in. The only thing I see changing on the coaching staff is maybe some offensive assistants will be out the door.

So you Gruden haters are going to have live with that.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 24, 2006, 10:40:38 AM

I don't think Gruden will leave or be fired.  But as for Allen I think its entirely possible that if Gruden left, Allen would be kept on and asked to hire the new coach. Then he would become the GM who hired the coach, rather than the GM who was hired by the coach. 

Its just business. I think Allen would get over watching Gruden get the ax.   I don't think Gruden would begrudge Allen for staying in that situation.  Both guys have been around the NFL long enough to know how things work.  I think it would serve the Bucs well to keep Allen on in a post-Gruden situation. 

#2 : December 24, 2006, 10:42:08 AM

Obviously if Gruden and Allen are making this kind of deal with Simms, they both are not planning to be fired. And the ownership has not said anything to suggest they are even considering firing the coaching staff. Unlike in Oakland where everyone and their daddy knows Art Shell is out the door. No question about that.

There is no way the Glazers are going to fire Gruden, at least not this year. Not after what they gave up to bring him here. Joel and Bryan are the ones that would pull the trigger on Gruden, and they both love the man. They love his attitude even though many fans do not. And there is no one proven out there to bring in. The only thing I see changing on the coaching staff is maybe some offensive assistants will be out the door.

Who plans to be fired?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 24, 2006, 10:45:02 AM

Nobody plans to be fired, but if the Glazers were seriously considering it they could have put a freeze on this signing.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 24, 2006, 10:57:14 AM

Who plans to be fired?

Look at the Glazers history concerning Dungy. We knew two years before he was fired that he was going to get the ax. There is no indication at all from ownership that Gruden is even on the hot seat. The owners are completely silent and not making any moves behind the scenes.
If they like Gruden, what motivation do they have to fire him next year? Coaches have bad years, just like players. The team is still worth a lot of money and there is still a waiting list of 80,000 fans waiting for season tickets. And I think ownership understands that the team needs to be rebuilt. So there is no pressure right now to fire Gruden except from the media.

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 24, 2006, 11:59:37 AM

As much as I want to see Gruden gone, I don't see it happening this year. But I don't see the Bucs turning it around very quickly, so it's only a matter of time before he is gone. I do think Bill Muir should be gone after this year, seems like every other team in the NFL can build a offensive line but the Bucs this guy has been here 5 years and hasn't managed to have a quality unit yet, he should be gone, NOW!

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#6 : December 24, 2006, 12:48:19 PM

True.  As I said elsewhere, why would Simms stay if he was to have no idea who his coach would be next year?  It isn't as if there is a plethora of great FA QB's out there driving the market down.    Gruden has another year to prove he can turn this team around, and that this year not last, was the abberation.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 24, 2006, 01:33:39 PM

FUNNIEST TITLE EVER!!! " almost gurantee"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'll  almost gurantee that it might not rain tomm.

almost gurantee lol!!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 24, 2006, 02:45:02 PM

Maybe Simms is staying because he feels no one else wants him...  All I hear is how everyone will be wanting him, but maybe, just maybe, he and his agent know something we don't...

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 24, 2006, 02:45:50 PM

I almost gurantee that your right!

Maybe Simms is staying because he feels no one else wants him... All I hear is how everyone will be wanting him, but maybe, just maybe, he and his agent know something we don't...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I will almost gurantee you that Gruden will NOT be fired « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools