Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOP VEEP is........... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

: September 01, 2008, 12:52:24 PM

I see nothing at all wrong with her covering up for her daughter (if that is indeed true).   A 17 year old getting pregnant by her 17 year old boyfriend is going to have a tough time of it.   I respect her taking care of her family like that.   I'm pro-abortion so I would have preferred she aborted the child.   But she's against that, so I respect her decision to do what she did.   

I personally think there's nothing more sacred than the family unit.   I guess some of you guys don't mind others prying into your family's private affairs though.   Sure.   Real class acts you guys are...

Umm if it were the Republicans who pride themselves on the merit of family values if this was the Democrats they (the Republicans) would be all over this faster than white on rice. This is another blow again...OBD

original

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 29, 2008, 09:26:44 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_mccain_veepstakes;_ylt=AvNG4CksTVEe3LrlRz3iDPgb.3QA

Gov. Palin

If he does go with the Lady from Alsaka, this will get interesting.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 29, 2008, 09:29:52 AM

She's in Alaska rolling out the new state quarter...try again.

original

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 29, 2008, 09:38:04 AM

Did you even read the article?

"Two GOP strategists close to the McCain campaign said all indications pointed to Palin, 44, a self-styled "hockey mom" and political reformer. The strategists spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized by the McCain camp to discuss the matter."

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 29, 2008, 09:43:05 AM

If they're announcing in Dayton, Ohio and she's in Alaska, do the math.

cskapper

Starter
#5 : August 29, 2008, 09:53:01 AM

I'm still hoping for Romney but Palin is my second pick.  I really wish it was a Romney / Palin ticket. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Never argue with an idiot lest they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 29, 2008, 09:59:35 AM

If they're announcing in Dayton, Ohio and she's in Alaska, do the math.

I have no idea who the choice is, but speculation is she arrived in Dayton last night.

"Thursday night's arrival of a private jet from Alaska at the Middleton, Ohio, airport raised speculation that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin would be McCain's pick. Middleton is 25 miles from Dayton.  Rich Bevis, an airport manager at the Middleton airport, said that a woman, two men and two teenagers were onboard.  "This is the most secretive flight we've ever had," Bevis said."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/mccain.vp/index.html

original

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 29, 2008, 10:02:02 AM

"DENVER — Speculation about who John McCain would name as his running mate focused on Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin after reports circulated early Friday that two short-listers — Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty — were out of the running.

Adding fuel to the Palin possibility was a report that a charter aircraft from Anchorage owned by a McCain supporter had arrived in Dayton, Ohio, where McCain has scheduled a noon ET rally to announce his choice."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mccain-to-name-running-mate-on-friday/

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 29, 2008, 10:02:28 AM

NBC confirmed on Morning Joe that Palin was still in Alaska as of an hour ago. Not saying they couldn't be wrong.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 29, 2008, 10:02:56 AM

ABC as well

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 29, 2008, 10:03:43 AM

Personally I'd love that pick BTW.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : August 29, 2008, 10:12:12 AM

McCain/Palin=guaranteed loss....

and....

introducing the next President and Vice President of the United States......

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 29, 2008, 10:12:38 AM

Yep.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 29, 2008, 10:15:45 AM

If McCain thinks for one second that Palin is going to help with former Hillary supporters he's dead wrong. They voted for Hillary, not her gender in the primaries.

It would be the ultimate pander move.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 29, 2008, 10:22:09 AM

If McCain thinks for one second that Palin is going to help with former Hillary supporters he's dead wrong. They voted for Hillary, not her gender in the primaries.

It would be the ultimate pander move.

Not so sure about that....

Alot of these old women supporting Hillary wanted to see a woman in the White House before they die. And what happened? Same thing that happends in the corporate world.
A woman works for a company for 10-15 years. A big promotion opens up. She's got the experience and is being breed for the job. Then all of a sudden, the company hires a young MAN to fill the position.

You have any clue how pissed off these feminists are? Yes, to them it is about gender and they feel disenfranchised by the Democratic party who didnt even consider giving the VP to Hillary.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOP VEEP is........... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools