Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOP VEEP is........... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 29, 2008, 10:32:21 AM

Pawlenty has said that he is NOT it. And a source very close to Romney said that Romney is NOT it either.

DENVER - John McCain kept his vice presidential pick a closely guarded secret hours before the high-stakes announcement Friday as top prospects seemed to drop away and speculation moved to darkhorse candidate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Two GOP strategists close to the McCain campaign said all indications pointed to Palin, a self-styled "hockey mom" and political reformer. The strategists spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized by the McCain camp to discuss the matter. There was no confirmation from McCain or his advisers.

With an announcement scheduled in Dayton, Ohio, an associate of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said the governor had been informed he is not McCain's pick. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak for Pawlenty, who had all but ruled himself out.

"I'm not going to be there. I plan to be at the state fair. You can draw your conclusion from that," Pawlenty said on his weekly call-in radio show on WCCO-AM in Minneapolis. He also called it "a fair assumption" that he will not be McCain's running mate.

Associates close to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were saying the same thing, telling The Associated Press that the former presidential candidate had not been offered the job by McCain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veepstakes_32

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 29, 2008, 10:35:00 AM

So you're saying that old women are going to elect McCain because he picked a woman VP?

I don't buy that. She's got less experience than anyone else McCain could pick. Bad move.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : August 29, 2008, 10:37:27 AM

For all I care, McCain's VP choice could be Gomer Pile - he's not going to beat Obama since he's running on GWB's record (95% voting record in favor of GWB).

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 29, 2008, 10:37:34 AM

So you're saying that old women are going to elect McCain because he picked a woman VP?

I don't buy that. She's got less experience than anyone else McCain could pick. Bad move.

And doesn't Obama have less experience than anyone else the Dems could have picked?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 29, 2008, 10:38:39 AM

For all I care, McCain's VP choice could be Gomer Pile - he's not going to beat Obama since he's running on GWB's record (95% voting record in favor of GWB).

actually it was 90% per Obama

I'm curious as the Obama's voting record as it relates to the party lines

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 29, 2008, 10:39:06 AM

She's got less experience than anyone else McCain could pick. Bad move.

Interestingly enough, she's got more experience on how to run a gov't entity than McCain, Obama, and Biden combined...but a few months is all that would take.

original

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 29, 2008, 10:42:52 AM

News Alert:    

Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate on GOP ticket for White House, CNN learns.Get Breaking News by e-mail

It is on the CNN Main Page
http://www.cnn.com/

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 29, 2008, 10:44:06 AM

Since when has liberals cared about experience?

Why the hell would you care then? You are obviously voting for the Communist in this election.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 29, 2008, 10:44:12 AM

News Alert:    

Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate on GOP ticket for White House, CNN learns.Get Breaking News by e-mail

It is on the CNN Main Page
http://www.cnn.com/

That's impossible.  Lamond says she's in Alaska still.  Do the math.   ;)

original

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 29, 2008, 10:46:12 AM

Math:  1 Alaskan Gov + 1 Plane Ride to Ohio = 1 VP Candidate.

original

Pro Bowler

#25 : August 29, 2008, 10:48:20 AM

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

McCain names Sarah Palin as surprise VP choice
Posted: 10:40 AM ET

(CNN) – Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice-presidential candidate on the Republican ticket for the White House in November, CNN has learned.

Palin, 44, is a first-term governor who unseated incumbent Gov. Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary in 2006 and went on to defeat former Gov. Tony Knowles, a Democrat, in the general election.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 29, 2008, 10:49:22 AM

Math: 1 Alaskan Gov + 1 Plane Ride to Ohio = 1 VP Candidate.

lol.  Planes?  What are those?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 29, 2008, 10:51:48 AM

Glad to hear it....let the games begin.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : August 29, 2008, 10:52:07 AM

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

McCain names Sarah Palin as surprise VP choice

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 29, 2008, 10:55:21 AM

I'm curious as the Obama's voting record as it relates to the party lines

THE most Liberal senator of 2007 and in the top percentile of Most Liberal for the OTHER year he's been in office.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GOP VEEP is........... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools