Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rudi Johnson released « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: August 30, 2008, 03:05:41 PM

The Bengals have released RB Rudi Johnson according to his agent, KFFL.com is reporting

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 30, 2008, 03:08:56 PM

Wow. What the heck is going on with them? Chris Perry cannot stay healthy. Rudi johnson is a bell cow type back. This is a puzzler to me. I would not mind seeing him with the Bucs.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 30, 2008, 03:18:08 PM

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6997

Just saw it on Bengals.com

Turn the page.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 30, 2008, 03:21:12 PM

I would not mind seeing him with the Bucs.

are you kidding me? we have enough RB's as it is

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 30, 2008, 03:22:14 PM

We don't need any more Rb's we're set their. What we really need is a WR.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JC510

Practice Squad

#5 : August 30, 2008, 03:23:55 PM

Wow. What the heck is going on with them? Chris Perry cannot stay healthy. Rudi johnson is a bell cow type back. This is a puzzler to me. I would not mind seeing him with the Bucs.

His legs are gone. Look at how much his YPC has dropped year by year and look at his longest runs those years.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 30, 2008, 03:27:45 PM

At this point Chris Perry is much better than Rudi Johnson IMO.  Perry is now healthy and Rudi has a bad hammy, and hasn't done much of anything for two years now due to injuries slowing him down.  Rudi Johnson is a 29 year-old RB with a lot of tread worn off the tires that can no longer stay healthy, and is coming off a season where he averaged less than 3 yards per carry.  The cold, harsh reality is that Rudi Johnson's career is probably done.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 30, 2008, 10:43:04 PM

Would not shock me to see him picked up by Detroit

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 30, 2008, 10:41:31 PM

He is not better than the Bucs current RB corp.

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : August 31, 2008, 01:03:57 AM

If they want to release Chad or TJ I wouldnt mind those guys in a bucs jersey.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 31, 2008, 02:20:41 AM

At this point Chris Perry is much better than Rudi Johnson IMO.  Perry is now healthy and Rudi has a bad hammy, and hasn't done much of anything for two years now due to injuries slowing him down.  Rudi Johnson is a 29 year-old RB with a lot of tread worn off the tires that can no longer stay healthy, and is coming off a season where he averaged less than 3 yards per carry.  The cold, harsh reality is that Rudi Johnson's career is probably done.
Sounds like a younger Warrick Dunn...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rudi Johnson released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools