Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: well there « previous next »
Page: 1 2

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

: December 24, 2006, 02:48:54 PM

goes our chance of landing joe thomas/gaine adams/or calvin johnson

now its time to look at patrick willis ted ginn laron landry

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 24, 2006, 02:49:10 PM

yup

zed

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 24, 2006, 02:49:44 PM

Or Alan Branch.

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

#3 : December 24, 2006, 02:52:01 PM

Am I really supposed to be happy about this win.
I really wanted calvin damn

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 24, 2006, 02:52:38 PM

If the Bucs win, some people are talking about us hurting our draft position. Well, if Houston and Arizona both win today, the Bucs would only drop down to 4th. So, they'd lose one position. Also, Houston and Cleveland play eachother next week. So one of them have to win. If Cleveland beats Houston next week and Houston and Arizona both win today, the Bucs would still have the 3rd pick (assuming we lose to Seattle in our last game).

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 24, 2006, 02:58:22 PM

If the Bucs win, some people are talking about us hurting our draft position. Well, if Houston and Arizona both win today, the Bucs would only drop down to 4th. So, they'd lose one position. Also, Houston and Cleveland play eachother next week. So one of them have to win. If Cleveland beats Houston next week and Houston and Arizona both win today, the Bucs would still have the 3rd pick (assuming we lose to Seattle in our last game).

IF IF IF

You are talking about crapfest teams winning, not that likely.  A win today will probably drop us down to 5th on draft day when the dust settles.  The 3rd pick was all by itself, no rotation with other teams.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 24, 2006, 03:01:52 PM

Detroit is sticking with da bears...

we really needed a loss today.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 24, 2006, 03:05:48 PM

Let me tell you the reality. Every single Bucs players and coaches want to win this game and next week's game (where we may be able to play spoiler).

We are also 1 quarter away from shutting out a team on the road.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 24, 2006, 03:07:36 PM

I know, I know, and I am struggling with my feelings, but if we are truely looking to next season, and at this point, we all should be, then a win does nothing for this team...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 24, 2006, 03:08:26 PM

Yes we are talking about crappy teams winning. That being said, Houston is leading the Colts right now, (I didn't even mention Det. who is hanging in with the Bears), Houston plays Cleveland next week (so someone has to win) and Arizona plays the 49ers who (the last time I checked) weren't the dynasty they were back in the 80s. It's not like I said the Lions were going to beat the Cowboys or the Cardinals were going to beat the Chargers (next weeks matchups).

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 24, 2006, 03:18:24 PM

Detroit just went up on da bears!

YES!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 24, 2006, 03:19:34 PM

Well with our win, the Lions will still be in front of us. What we need is for Houston and Arizona to win and then next week to have Cleveland win.

zed

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 24, 2006, 05:06:24 PM

We were better than our record this year.  I think our number one need is on the Defensive Line, and it seems to be pretty deep next year.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#13 : December 24, 2006, 05:16:23 PM

THe morale of a win means more to this team imo than 1 draft slot. We will still have our choice of top-tier talent. Keep in mind one thing. WE are essentially battling for draft spots with Detroit, Arizona, Houston, Oakland and maybe Cleveland. I personally don't see the Raiders drafting CJ (and if they wanted to, we couldn't get him anyways). Cleveland drafted Braylon recently & locked up Jurevicius to a big deal. Detroit - I think the city might actually implode into itself if they drafted a wide receiver. HOuston's got a top-5 receiver in Andre (and htey'll be looking much more at the tackle spot), and Arizona is the team in the NFL that least needs Calvin.

So if you're concerned - then it looks like we still should get CJ.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 24, 2006, 05:16:35 PM

Houston did win-what a shocker!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: well there « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools