Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs cut 2 More « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 30, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »

surprised that Moore got cut....guess Peterson made the squad....

Also I'd be surprised if we cut Carter..who starts at LE?  Wilkerson?  I dont think they are ready to give him all the reps over there..

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #16 : August 30, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »

well, there are only three more players left from my list of trade bait cut list left and considering the team has yet to let the cat out of the bag could it be that a player like Ike Hilliard, Kevin Carter or a certain QB not be on the final 53? wouldnt that just chap you backside Badabing for me to be right?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 30, 2008, 07:45:11 PM »

Bucs cut DT Dre Moore and LB Ryan Nece

...per the SP Times.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
« #18 : August 30, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »

Waste of a 4th round pick

How so?   Everyone and their mother was screaming for this guy in the 2nd round, yet we got him in the 4th.

There were concerns over his work habit and it looked like this was the type of player he was...

Tell me, who else after this pick is a sure thing right now?  When you figure that out, get back to us.  Until then, stop with the whole waste of a draft pick routine...

I swear more people actually care about the excitement of the draft then the actual team put out there...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 30, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »

Little surprised about Moore but hard to fault keeping the better players.

Maybe playing on the PS will light a fire under him....or not.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
« #20 : August 30, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »

Little surprised about Moore but hard to fault keeping the better players.

Maybe playing on the PS will light a fire under him....or not.

Agreed!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 30, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »

well, there are only three more players left from my list of trade bait cut list left and considering the team has yet to let the cat out of the bag could it be that a player like Ike Hilliard, Kevin Carter or a certain QB not be on the final 53? wouldnt that just chap you backside Badabing for me to be right?

I dont have a problem with you...and I'd have more of a problem with the front office if they cut our starting QB and starting LE....

Also, I agreed with you on Nece and Simms getting cut.  Don't think anyone didn't see that coming.  Hilliard is also a possibility...

Again, it wouldn't pain me for you to be right, rather of why we are cutting our starting players....  Unless Garcia gets hit by a bus, I doubt they cut him after last season.(of course, he is already under the bus, so he won't be able to get hit by it).

Also as I like Wilkerson with his impressive play, you are comfortable with just him at LE.  If we dont keep Carter, I'd be surprised.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 30, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »

hoodsbucs...are you kidding me?

What do you mean "How So?"

if it's true that he was cut, then of course he was a waste of a 4th round pick, unless he is on our practice squad......but even then, you expect a 4th to make the 53 man roster...

at the time it looked like a good pick, but i guess not...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 30, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »

Moore was a joke out there. He had no hustle at all. I am glad to see Peterson make it over him. Sucks we wasted a 4th round pick on him but it was the right decision. I imagine someone will pick up Moore, but if not, the Bucs should put him on the practice squad and hopefully he will eventually get a fire lit under him.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #24 : August 30, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »

There could be a rotation at LDE with Wilkerson on known running downs, then Hvae Adams slide to LDE on passing downs and White at RDE with Haye and Peterson manning the middle as well on passing downs which would give the team the pass rush it needs or even Wilkerson and Haye in the middle on passing downs

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 30, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »

How so? Everyone and their mother was screaming for this guy in the 2nd round, yet we got him in the 4th.

There were concerns over his work habit and it looked like this was the type of player he was...

Tell me, who else after this pick is a sure thing right now? When you figure that out, get back to us. Until then, stop with the whole waste of a draft pick routine...

I swear more people actually care about the excitement of the draft then the actual team put out there...
How so? He got cut.

and your point? Just because a fan base wanted a particular player doesn't mean we had to get him.

Look here dude, nobody is a 'sure' thing. But, it's real blunt that Moore was a risk pick, and we failed. You don't like the outcome? To effin bad, beatin' around the bush approach is pretty stupid. We missed, get over it.

Dead wrong with the stupidest assumption I've ever read. Thanks for playing.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 30, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »

haha if some fans don't think that Dre Moore was not a waste of a 4th round pick, then those are the fans that Bruce Allen should have on his campaign bus if he ever decides to run for president

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I am not mad at Allen...I was excited when we got Moore...but we def missed on him and luckily it was just a 4th round pick.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #27 : August 30, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

It wasn't a bad pick in that he wasn't worth it, in fact I'd say it was a very good pick value wise. Just a shame that he was a lazy, unmotivated, chunky SoB.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
« #28 : August 30, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

How so? Everyone and their mother was screaming for this guy in the 2nd round, yet we got him in the 4th.

Tell me, who else after this pick is a sure thing right now? When you figure that out, get back to us. Until then, stop with the whole waste of a draft pick routine...

How so? He got cut.

and your point? Just because a fan base wanted a particular player doesn't mean we had to get him.

Look here dude, nobody is a 'sure' thing. But, it's real blunt that Moore was a risk pick, and we failed. You don't like the outcome? To effin bad, beatin' around the bush approach is pretty stupid. We missed, get over it.

Dead wrong with the stupidest assumption I've ever read. Thanks for playing.

Eh dude, I think you need to re-read your post...Im over it....never was on it....I could care less if a 4th round pick made it or not....as long as we field the best team possible, thats all i care about

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
« #29 : August 30, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »

Agreed MBF
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs cut 2 More « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools