Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 24, 2006, 05:37:35 PM

I've always said, "I would never root against my team." However, today, for whatever reason, I was able to do it
today. The reason a loss was good is obvious but the reason I waited today to be able to root for a loss is
inexplicable. I just don't get any satisfaction out of beating the Browns and Rattay didn't do enough to make
me think he could battle for the starting job.

However, I'm not upset. I don't expect the players or coaches to try to lose on purpose. I also won't be upset
after the draft. I'm no expert on college players (I don't watch except for the big games) so I'll leave it to
Gru and Allen and all of you to disect our picks.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 24, 2006, 06:10:14 PM

For those rooting AGAINST the Bucs.......
Did you actually vocalize your frustration everytime they scored??
When Gruden made a good playcall, did you b!tch about his playcalling??
When a penalty went our way, did you cry about the refs??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 24, 2006, 06:15:12 PM

I didn't root against the Bucs, but I rarely tuned into the game today. It was most likely because this is Christmas Eve, and there are many items on our agenda starting in a few minutes, but I just didn't seem to care about today's game that much. I didn't want to see the Bucs lose, and I'm glad they won, but I suppose it wouldn't have mattered much either way to me. I just want this 2006 season to be over with; to be honest.

Warhorse

Second String

#33 : December 24, 2006, 06:20:37 PM

I never root against the Bucs. I don't care if it does mean a better draft pick.

It's nice to see that quality QB play really is one of the major reasons this team is not in the playoffs.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 24, 2006, 09:03:31 PM

Does Chev still have a mancrush on ADD?!

He's still my guy.  Yeah he had a bad game today.  But he's stll my guy...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#35 : December 24, 2006, 09:42:59 PM

I'm in the group that includes those made sick by rooting against your favorite team. I'm glad the team itself is not 4 months ahead like some fans. The draft is a crapshoot with no guarantees. Besides, most of you will dog if YOUR guy isn;t the one selected anyway. Then again, many of you are never going to be happy regardless.

I agree totally....the draft is nothing more than playing the lottery, especially this year. No one jumps out at me and says "Future Star", or "worth the third pick" [banghead] [banghead] in the draft over anyone else. I am glad to see the team still playing the game.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 24, 2006, 09:55:07 PM

The draft may be a crap shoot but with two games left I was hoping for the best position possible for us.
Did I root for bad plays or dropped passes? No. Was I upset when Gru called a good play? No. I just said
to myself, "Why now when a loss could POSSIBLY help us?" It figures on the one day I didn't root loud
for a win, they do it. Maybe I should do that every game?

Glad the guys got to have some fun and The Stove gave us a glimpse of next year. I still believe in Gru
and Allen. Just not so sure about the QB position.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#37 : December 24, 2006, 10:56:56 PM

You guys are horrible. Want us to lose to get a good draft pick. Excuse me but, I think that when you have less then 5 or 6 wins and drafting in the top 10 any player you get is going to be a good guy for you. Being number 3 doesnt gaurentee you that your pick will be any better then the number 8 or 10th team. So lets win and end the season on a high note and look to build off this momentum for next year..

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 24, 2006, 10:57:31 PM

Pretty much anyone who was hoping for an L and looking at the draft isn't a fan.  eod.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 24, 2006, 11:17:25 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan. What was I thinking all those years wasting my time at the Big Sombrero
watching some crappy football?

For those of you who think you know me or anybody else here? STFU.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 24, 2006, 11:25:18 PM

Truth hurts.

Is this part, "For those of you who think you know me or anybody else here? STFU," even in English? 

Why the question mark?  Did you just tell the whole board to shut up?   

Nice retort.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

gharen

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 24, 2006, 11:33:18 PM

The good news is Arizona and Houston won, so we only dropped to 4th and if Cleveland beats Houston next week and we lose were back to #3.

#42 : December 24, 2006, 11:46:03 PM

ufojoe,

To answer your question, if you root against your team for a lousy, unproven draft pick, then YES, you wasted your money at the Sombrero, or anywhere else you may have gone.  If you don't know by now that the draft is a crapshoot, you've been hibernating.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 24, 2006, 11:49:55 PM

Won't see me crying when we leave Cleveland WITH A WIN ;)

Im with you. We definately know  their are some True Buc Fans left.

Does being a true fan mean throwing all logic, ration, and hope for the future and well being of the team I love out the window for a meaning less win today?

If so, I'm not a true fan, not at all.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 24, 2006, 11:52:10 PM

Damn it! We won!! WTF is the matter with them??

If we win a single game next year, then I am going to be PISSED!! We better have the #1 overall in 2008!!

Look at the big picture  ::)

I don't think anyone was pulling for a better draft pick before the season started, Matt. But you go on ahead, keep twisting it and turning it every which way so you can feel good inside, as you are truely a better fan than the rest of us!

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools