Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seems to have crossed the line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« : August 30, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster?  What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Bruce tends to be able to avoid letting his emotions take over in making calculations for his next moves, but to me this seems personal and in fact hurt the team.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 30, 2008, 09:15:13 PM »

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster?  What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Bruce tends to be able to avoid letting his emotions take over in making calculations for his next moves, but to me this seems personal and in fact hurt the team.

He's a big meanie.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #2 : August 30, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

If Simms plays worth a crap in those games, some team might deem him worthy of middle round pick.  Unfortunately for the Bucs, he played like Simms.

Allen crossed no line, that's ridiculous.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 30, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

I hate to break it to you but despite what blondie says it's not personal. What would Allen gain from hurting Simms' feelings, exactly?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 30, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »

I have lost a lot of respect for Bruce because football decisions should be about looking at the overall goals ouf the team not about holding a grudge.  Very unprofessional and doesn't excuse him just because Simms acted unprofessionaly.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 30, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »

I have lost a lot of respect for Bruce because football decisions should be about looking at the overall goals ouf the team not about holding a grudge.  Very unprofessional and doesn't excuse him just because Simms acted unprofessionaly.

I think ADW's crossed the line from foolishness to insanity.

j/k, you might report me or something. :o

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 30, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »

I hate to break it to you but despite what blondie says it's not personal. What would Allen gain from hurting Simms' feelings, exactly?

Cutting Simms now before the commencement of the season when everyone knew he wasn't making the team is personal.  The professional approach would have been to cut the cord before training camp and let Simms sink or swim on his own.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #7 : August 30, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

If what you are implying is true, and they just kept him on the team so he couldn't sign with another team, why would they allow him the playing time?

Nothing about your post makes sense.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 30, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »

The point was probably to attempt to up his trade value, didn't work out but BA isn't here to make every fan happy or do things that seem "nice". His job is to make our team as talented as possible and work every angle to accomplish that.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 30, 2008, 09:20:43 PM »

Cutting Simms now before the commencement of the season when everyone knew he wasn't making the team is personal.  The professional approach would have been to cut the cord before training camp and let Simms sink or swim on his own.

He was hoping that Simms would show something worth trading for. He was doing what he felt was best for the franchise, I'm sure he's sorry Chrissy's poor little ego is bruised but this is a business, the Buccaneers come first and if he can't get that then maybe he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 30, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

He's free to swim now....if he can.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #11 : August 30, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »

Nonsense.. they gave the guy a chance to show he had something which easily could have HELPED this team get something for him. He sucked in preseason so the only mistake Allen made was thinking this guy might look decent. You are way off base on this one. If you think he did this to hurt Simms... your crazy.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 30, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

So tell us.....How many 10 million dollar investments have you made and got zero return!
I think you need to pick this week to stop sniffing glue!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 30, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster? What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Yes, how dare he attempt to get something for the $5M they paid him. What an assbag he is, poor Simms.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 30, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »

If what you are implying is true, and they just kept him on the team so he couldn't sign with another team, why would they allow him the playing time?

Nothing about your post makes sense.

Everyone knew Simms wasn't a fit for the scheme and did not want to be on this team.  Only reason to keep him and showcase him was for trade value.  When that was clearly not happening the cord could have been cut then.

Unless you want to argue Bruce was waiting for a last minute miracle trade offer *snicker* there is no reason to hold onto Simms this late and cut him other than to teach him a lesson.

Bruce tends to take the high road but this is not one of those times unfortunately.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seems to have crossed the line « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools