Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seems to have crossed the line « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

MBF

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 30, 2008, 09:43:38 PM

Maybe Stovall, but other than that, no.

Galloway, Bryant, Hilliard, and Clayton did not play.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 30, 2008, 09:44:35 PM

How is it absurd for McCown to receive more playing time?  Does McCown need more playing time to mature into a  quality QB yes or no?

McCown needs to work on his mental clock so it doesn't matter what the level of competition he would be facing.  

Johnson is the only QB that playing time would have benefited at all, and the only way it will hurt him is if he sees regular season action.  If that happens, the team has more problems than keeping Chris freakin' Simms on the roster too long.

The whole premise of this thread is ludicrous.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 30, 2008, 09:46:34 PM

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster?  What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Why is this player

QB Chris Simms

So different from these players? Is Bruce Allen a big meanie for not cutting these guys until the end also?

DE Patrick Chukwurah
     LB Ryan Nece   
     DE Charles Bennett
     G Phil Bogle
     DT Chris Bradwell
     WR Brian Clark
     T Chris Clark
     RB Kenneth Darby
     T Chris Denman
     TE Daniel Fells
     CB Marcus Hamilton
     CB Darrell Hunter
     G Brian Johnson
     WR Chad Lucas
     DT Dre Moore
     T Dennis Roland
     RB Clifton Smith
     WR Micheal Spurlock
     FB Carl Stewart

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 30, 2008, 09:47:51 PM

How is it absurd for McCown to receive more playing time?  Does McCown need more playing time to mature into a  quality QB yes or no?

McCown needs to work on his mental clock so it doesn't matter what the level of competition he would be facing. 

Johnson is the only QB that playing time would have benefited at all, and the only way it will hurt him is if he sees regular season action.  If that happens, the team has more problems than keeping Chris freakin' Simms on the roster too long.

The whole premise of this thread is ludicrous.

Saying JJ is the only QB that playing time would have benefited at all is not only misleading but also dishonest.  It is clear as day that McCown needs a lot more work and he can not do that holding a clip board. 

Take off the Luke McCown homer glasses for second and step back to realize he can use every minute of playing time.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 30, 2008, 09:48:55 PM

That's true ADW. But what does it have to do with Simms?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 30, 2008, 09:50:08 PM

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster?  What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Why is this player

QB Chris Simms

So different from these players? Is Bruce Allen a big meanie for not cutting these guys until the end also?

DE Patrick Chukwurah
     LB Ryan Nece   
     DE Charles Bennett
     G Phil Bogle
     DT Chris Bradwell
     WR Brian Clark
     T Chris Clark
     RB Kenneth Darby
     T Chris Denman
     TE Daniel Fells
     CB Marcus Hamilton
     CB Darrell Hunter
     G Brian Johnson
     WR Chad Lucas
     DT Dre Moore
     T Dennis Roland
     RB Clifton Smith
     WR Micheal Spurlock
     FB Carl Stewart

These players actually were brought in based on being fits for the scheme the Bucs run on offense and defense (and some have been with the team for a long time as productive players).  Simms clearly wasn't a fit for the offensive scheme nor productive over a period of time.  So you would be hard pressed to argue otherwise, but you are welcomed to do so if you desire.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 30, 2008, 09:50:26 PM

Take off the Luke McCown homer glasses for second and step back to realize he can use every minute of playing time.

Not against players who were going to be cut, with players on our team who were going to be cut.  

Even so, Allen being unprofessional with Simms was premise of your ridiculous thread.  Try to stay on subject for once.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 30, 2008, 09:55:02 PM

Not against players who were going to be cut, with players on our team who were going to be cut. 

Even so, Allen being unprofessional with Simms was premise of your ridiculous thread.  Try to stay on subject for once.

It was asked of me why Allen's choice to keep Simms hurt the team and I responded accordingly.  I am not responsible if people choose to change the subject in the thread I originated.  But I will happily answer any questions that do come up to project my perspective on this topic.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 30, 2008, 09:59:07 PM

It was asked of me why Allen's choice to keep Simms hurt the team and I responded accordingly.  I am not responsible if people choose to change the subject in the thread I originated.  But I will happily answer any questions that do come up to project my perspective on this topic.

Any questions that were put forward were asked to try to ascertain why someone would say that Allen was unprofessional with the handling of Simms.  There isn't any sound reasoning behind that statement, so questions were asked.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 30, 2008, 10:00:11 PM

Any questions that were put forward were asked to try to ascertain why someone would say that Allen was unprofessional with handling of Simms.  There isn't any sound reasoning behind that statement, so questions were asked.

Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean there is no sound reasoning behind it. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 30, 2008, 10:03:43 PM

Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean there is no sound reasoning behind it. 

True, but you still haven't offered any sound reasoning and I'm not the only one who disagrees with you.  As a matter of fact, no one yet has agreed with you.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#41 : August 30, 2008, 10:04:44 PM

So what was the point of having Simms take playing time away from the other QB's on the roster?  What was the point of having a player we knew didn't have a chance of making the team when the Bucs could have brought in a player that could have had a chance?

Bruce tends to be able to avoid letting his emotions take over in making calculations for his next moves, but to me this seems personal and in fact hurt the team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 30, 2008, 10:05:02 PM

True, but you still haven't offered any sound reasoning and I'm not the only one who disagrees with you.  As a matter of fact, no one yet has agreed with you.

I do not post my opinion looking for people to agree with it.

I just post it.

I feel my reasoning is more than solid and in fact it is up to you to prove that McCown doesn't require extra reps.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 30, 2008, 10:06:29 PM

Bruce tends to be able to avoid letting his emotions take over in making calculations for his next moves, but to me this seems personal and in fact hurt the team.

Your the one arguing Garcia is bound to be hurt at some point in the season so why wouldn't you want to see Griese/McCown receive more reps?

Do you feel differently all of sudden that Garcia can last 16 games?

dodda45

Starter
#44 : August 30, 2008, 10:08:16 PM

It seems that all arguments for Simms on this board seem to defy logic...Sorry this thread was stupid...Bruce was trying to get trade value for Simms, maybe even waiting to see if teams lost a QB due to injury, etc...Simms screwed everything up by bouncing a ball off his own lineman's head for pick (I guess there were no defensive lineman around to bat the ball and so his own lineman's noggin had to do)...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Allen seems to have crossed the line « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools