Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One heck of a game today... « previous next »
Page: 1

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: September 08, 2008, 11:09:08 AM

I did like seeing the Saints D step up. That was the big question. With the moves during the off season I thought we should see a big upgrade from the last seasons. It was only the 1st game and I know a game does not make the season. I do look (and hope) for the improvements on the D to be a trend. 

As far as the Bucs go from a non-Bucs person I think the two main issues that hurt you were the timing with Garcia and Galloway. It seemed off at times. The other issue was Brook's coming out of the game.

Well it is only the 1st game so we will see what happens next weekend. It will also make for a good rematch at Ray-Jay. As I can not wish the Bucs luck (as all fans understand) I do wish luck to Tampa Bay as with all on the Gulf that there are no more major storms this year.

Take it easy,

Same for you, VooDoo Man...I'm praying Ike stays the hell away from Louisiana.

Voodoo Man

Practice Squad

#1 : September 08, 2008, 08:14:24 AM

I did like seeing the Saints D step up. That was the big question. With the moves during the off season I thought we should see a big upgrade from the last seasons. It was only the 1st game and I know a game does not make the season. I do look (and hope) for the improvements on the D to be a trend. 

As far as the Bucs go from a non-Bucs person I think the two main issues that hurt you were the timing with Garcia and Galloway. It seemed off at times. The other issue was Brook's coming out of the game.

Well it is only the 1st game so we will see what happens next weekend. It will also make for a good rematch at Ray-Jay. As I can not wish the Bucs luck (as all fans understand) I do wish luck to Tampa Bay as with all on the Gulf that there are no more major storms this year.

Take it easy,

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 07, 2008, 07:40:47 PM

I know the chicken little's here will be freaking out over today's loss - but I gotta tell you, it was one whale of a football game to watch today.

The Saints were super-hyped up for this game, as was the entire community and I think the Bucs whethered the initial storm pretty well. When the Saints went right down the field and scored, then the Bucs went three-and-out on offense - I have to admit, I went a little "uh-oh"...but the Bucs settled and they went blow-for-blow with a team the pundits say was one of the best in the NFL.

I'm going to give the Saints their props, their defense IS dramatically improved...at least at home. It will be interesting to see if they have the same success on the road, but with that said, their pass rush with the front four was SICK (as opposed to our pass rush which I would say was non-existant). Their secondary with Glenn and especially Randall Gay made some great plays back there.

Very impressive performance by the Saints D.

Garcia definitely had rust, I thought Joey looked fine, he just didn't have time to get open because Jeff was under such durress. I think the major difference in this ball game was the trenches. The Saints dominated on offense and defensive lines. It hurt...

Even with their domination of the line of scrimmage and their big time plays from Brees and Bush - the Bucs were on the road driving at the end of the game for the winning score. The Saints defense made one more play to foil the drive and held on to win...

I know there will be your typical criticism of Gruden, Garcia, the offense, the defense, etc...but I took heart that the Buccaneers took the best shot of the New Orleans Saints had and still were right there in the end.

The Bucs definitely need to rebound next week against a surprising Falcons team. An 0-2 start is unacceptable.

Remember Buc fans, we lost our first game last year and still won a division title...and even more memorable - we lost our first game to the Saints in 2002 and went on to win a Super Bowl.

We played a pretty good game considering Garcia's and Galloway's missed action.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 07, 2008, 07:45:25 PM

very true to all your comments. Garcia had no business starting this game. Bennett had no business being deactivated. Gruden just seems to be slow when it come to making adjustments we should have been pounding that rock

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 07, 2008, 07:55:11 PM

while i hate to be a chicken little, ive got some serious doubts about this season.  everyone in the division looked good today, so its gonna be a tough season.

garcia looked like he was moving into the pressure today.  i liked the fact that he tried to go downfield, but it seemed he threw many balls into very tight coverage.  thats not going to cut it.

how many penalties did sears have today?  we moved the ball well on the ground though.  we need to continue to pound it.

i know its early, but dexter jackson doesnt look to have "it".  hopefully the game is just moving too fast for him, but he seems to have no legs.  he goes down at the slightest contact or thought of contact.

even with all the mistakes we made we still had a great shot to win the game.  we've got a great core of players, but i still question our offensive philosophy.  i think the gruden carousel continues this year, and that is not good.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Billy Buccoff

Rookie

#5 : September 07, 2008, 07:56:48 PM

Yeah it was a good game .. I think the Bucs held up to Super Bowl caliber offense........ The Saints are better on D
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One heck of a game today... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools