Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BROOKS, STOVALL, GARCIA INJURED « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : September 08, 2008, 12:12:20 PM

McCoy took a horrible angle on Bush, defenitely showed why he didn't make it in Philly

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 08, 2008, 12:05:57 PM

McCoy showed why he is a backup and almost made me wish Nece was still on the roster.  I would rather see Black, Hayward, or Hayes on the field.  

McCoy does not appear to have the speed for OLB on this D.

The way Garcia played it looked like he was hurt.  I would rather see the team go with McCown but Griese won the job.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : September 08, 2008, 12:04:49 PM

Garcia must be having another case of the contractsies.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 08, 2008, 11:37:11 AM

McCoy got fried on that swing pass to Bush.
I couldn't even believe he was bought into the game. Who made that decision?

#19 : September 08, 2008, 11:33:36 AM

McCoy got fried on that swing pass to Bush. They need to put in Black and rotate June. Brooks has never missed a start though. He's an iron man and he has bounced back from hamstring problems before. This one might be a little worse though.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#20 : September 08, 2008, 12:48:44 PM

would liked to have seen McCown.

we'll see.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 08, 2008, 11:20:33 AM

Ah crap....Jim any word on the severity of Brooks? Is he going to be out multiple weeks? Was it just a strain or a pull (or gasp...a tear)?

Strained, not pulled is what I read...
I'll wait to hear Roy Cummings' diagnosis. If he says pull, I'll know it's a strain.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 08, 2008, 11:16:48 AM

Ah crap....Jim any word on the severity of Brooks? Is he going to be out multiple weeks? Was it just a strain or a pull (or gasp...a tear)?

Strained, not pulled is what I read...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 08, 2008, 11:06:05 AM

Too bad DB's injured though, he's been an Iron Man for years now.

And was it just me or did he look quicker than he has the last couple of seasons?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 08, 2008, 11:06:14 AM

When did Garcia injure his ankle?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 08, 2008, 11:07:13 AM

When did Garcia injure his ankle?

My theory is it involved a crowbar in the locker room after the game...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 08, 2008, 12:43:43 PM

Snipe hunting?

And then what? Garcia has a slip and fall in the dark?  Could happen but I'm sticking with Fire Arms to increase the level of certainty.

Honestly, I'm thinking buddy will have much better days, but he was awful in a number of phases yesterday.  Seems he made some good checks at the line, but that's impossible to really know for sure.  He had happy feet and ran to pressure plenty and missed a few easy throws. The kind of throws you might expect a HS QB to make on an especially windy day.  UGH!

Lots of bad to go around in that game, but some good as well.  Looking forward to the home opener.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 08, 2008, 11:04:31 AM

MBF

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 08, 2008, 11:04:19 AM

Would be interesting to see how Griese leads the O in the regular season. Too bad DB's injured though, he's been an Iron Man for years now.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 08, 2008, 11:01:48 AM

Bucs head coach Jon Gruden held a press conference at One Buc Place on Monday morning. He announced that three players came out of Sunday's 24-20 loss to New Orleans injured.

Linebacker Derrick Brooks (hamstring strain), quarterback Jeff Garcia (ankle sprain) and wide receiver Maurice Stovall (neck strain) are questionable for Sunday's game vs. the Atlanta Falcons.

Should Garcia not be able to play vs. the Falcons, Brian Griese would start at quarterback for Tampa Bay.

Gruden said that there's a chance Cato June would be moved from strongside linebacker to the weakside linebacker spot to replace Brooks if he cannot play vs. the Falcons, which would likely allow Quincy Black to fill in for June.

PewterReport.com will have more on this story throughout the day.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BROOKS, STOVALL, GARCIA INJURED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools