Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2008, 12:56:34 PM

Garcia, or any QB in a Buc uni, should never be throwing 40 times in a game while Our best RB gets a measly 10 carries. That' some sorry playcalling. Can't lay that at Garcia's feet, that's on Gruden..

No offense, but even with that supposedly crappy game plan we were still winning with what, 6 minutes left?

And if Jeff actually completes some of those passes, we go ahead by more than 6 and Jon will run it almost every down at that point,

No offense taken. But the game isn't 54 minutes long.

The fact that Garcia was misfiring makes the pass-run ratio even that much more confounding, when you also take into consideration the pocket pressure the Saints were getting all game...

#1 : September 08, 2008, 12:54:52 PM

the defense failed to do what it was designed to do...  that is, to NOT give up big plays.  the first error was a rookie mistake, where Talib was just ouf of position.  The Reggie Bush TD happened because we had a back-up LB in for Brooks, and the rest of the defense could not keep up with Reggie.  The 3rd touchdown happened when the CB fell down and the Saints receiver walked right in the end zone.   3 somewhat fluke plays on defense gave up all those points and yards....  if you take away just those three fluke plays, you erase 200 yards of the Saint's total offense.

but it shoudn't matter.  The Defense had a turnover for a TD return.   The Defense had another TD called back when Bush fumbled in his collision with Barber.  The refs said Bush never had possesion, but it sure seemed like he did.  The defense played well, it just gave up big plays that could have just as easily NOT happened, as they did happen.

it doesnt matter, the defense wasn't the problem yesterday.  It was the offense.    ONE touchdown on offense is disgusting to me.   if you can't blame the QB for that, than who can you blame?  Garcia was completely ineffective for most of that game.  the receivers werent dropping balls, the throws were just really bad.  Also, Galloway is no longer what his reputation says he is.  You could have put Monte Kiffin at WR and he would have accomplished the same stats as Galloway did in that game.

the coaching and play calling could have improved things for sure.  10 carries for 90 yards tells me that RB didn't get nearly enough carries!  In the end, the biggest reason the Bucs lost that game was by not having ANY playmakers on the field.  That is a factor of an off-season that did NOT address all of our needs.  Perhaps the biggest mistake of all in the game was BENCHING the one play-maker we do have on the team, Michael Bennett!   I will never be convinced that was the right decision to make.

vladin

Starter

#2 : September 08, 2008, 12:56:17 PM

Garcia, or any QB in a Buc uni, should never be throwing 40 times in a game while Our best RB gets a measly 10 carries. That' some sorry playcalling. Can't lay that at Garcia's feet, that's on Gruden..

I agree with this post.

#3 : September 08, 2008, 12:53:01 PM

No offense, but even with that supposedly crappy game plan we were still winning with what, 6 minutes left?

And if Jeff actually completes some of those passes, we go ahead by more than 6 and Jon will run it almost every down at that point,

#4 : September 08, 2008, 12:39:40 PM

Garcia was completely INEFFECTIVE for EVERY drive of the game, except the one TD drive to Hillaird.    Anyone else tired of the constant 4 yard passes to the RBs?  that dink and dunk doesnt work anymore, EVERY defender has speed these days!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 08, 2008, 12:38:46 PM

you win as a team and you lose as a team....

the offense scoring 13 points is not good....but the defense giving up over 450 yards and 3 touchdowns on 3 big plays was also atrocious....

You are sadly mistaken if you think we win that game with Griese or anyone else in there at QB.  You will see what I'm talking about when we play the Falcons next week if Garcia can't go...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 08, 2008, 12:32:27 PM

What's the disdain for Garcia on here?

He played well for the most part. He's not Tom Brady or Drew Brees, never has been.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting, there were also a bunch of drops yesterday.

I'd say now he is pretty close to Tom Brady.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 08, 2008, 11:55:17 AM

honestly he was throwing to guys who weren't open.

I disagree.  That's as open as receivers in the NFL will get, the QB has to make that throw.

I saw a game where this team should have been up 2 scores in the first half, not only 3 points. It's frusrtating as hell man but this is a good team.

I agree.  Gruden runs the ball more, we win.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 08, 2008, 11:47:20 AM

I'm not angry at all.

Garcia's completion percentage was 58.5 yesterday, and most if not all of those completions were on short passes. He couldn't hit anyone that was open down the field. Those are facts, not emotions.

Garcia wasn't the reason the Bucs lost the game, but he was a factor. You are being biased if you think otherwise. I'm not a Garcia-hater.

Garcia in the first half is certainly one of the reasons the Bucs lost the game, no doubt. This O left too many points on the board against a very good Saints offense. The D had the Saints on the ropes and the Bucs didn't capitalize.

Downfield throws were all missed yesterday but honestly he was throwing to guys who weren't open.

I saw a game where this team should have been up 2 scores in the first half, not only 3 points. It's frusrtating as hell man but this is a good team.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 08, 2008, 11:43:36 AM

The offense scored 13 points.  This was, of course, not one of Garcia's better days, as the title of the thread suggests.  However, the main issue was the terrible idea to not commit to the running game, and the horrific pass protection.

Garcia was not signed to be a 40+ attempts per game passer.  He was signed to limit turnovers and run the offense, such as it is.  He did both, but was simply not put in the position his current talent level suggests.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 08, 2008, 11:43:17 AM

You're angry, I get it.

I'm not angry at all.

Garcia's completion percentage was 58.5 yesterday, and most if not all of those completions were on short passes.  He couldn't hit anyone that was open down the field.  Those are facts, not emotions.

Garcia wasn't the reason the Bucs lost the game, but he was a factor.  You are being biased if you think otherwise.  I'm not a Garcia-hater.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 08, 2008, 11:39:31 AM

Who says the big yardage penalties didn't hurt the offense? But so does a QB who can't hit an open receiver past 15 yards.

I believe that he can, it just didnt' happen yesterday.

You're angry, I get it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 08, 2008, 11:38:26 AM

What? He played like crap for the most part, and well for little bit.

The drops were on balls that were behind receivers or at their back knee or some other bad ball.

Overall, Garcia played like crap yesterday, with a silver lining of mediocrity.

well he didn't play great but he didn't play like crap.

how anyone doesn't see how the big yardage penalties hurt the offense is crazy

Who says the big yardage penalties didn't hurt the offense?  But so does a QB who can't hit an open receiver past 15 yards.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 08, 2008, 11:32:08 AM

What? He played like crap for the most part, and well for little bit.

The drops were on balls that were behind receivers or at their back knee or some other bad ball.

Overall, Garcia played like crap yesterday, with a silver lining of mediocrity.

well he didn't play great but he didn't play like crap.

how anyone doesn't see how the big yardage penalties hurt the offense is crazy

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 08, 2008, 12:48:52 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools