Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 08, 2008, 11:15:15 AM

He played well for the most part.

What?  He played like crap for the most part, and well for little bit.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting, there were also a bunch of drops yesterday.

The drops were on balls that were behind receivers or at their back knee or some other bad ball.

Overall, Garcia played like crap yesterday, with a silver lining of mediocrity.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 08, 2008, 11:05:23 AM

What's the disdain for Garcia on here?

He played well for the most part. He's not Tom Brady or Drew Brees, never has been.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting, there were also a bunch of drops yesterday.

#17 : September 08, 2008, 12:43:15 PM

He played well for the most part. He's not Tom Brady or Drew Brees, never has been.

Um, not sure what game you watched Keep, but he didn't "play well for the most part".  He played like total crap for the most part, and partial crap the rest.  He'd be the first to tell you that.  There also weren't a "bunch of drops".  There were bunch of awful throws though.  About 30 to 35 of them.

But if you think he played well, then he needs to be cut, because if that's what he looks like "playing well" we need a different QB....

And he wasn't "throwing to guys who weren't open".  A receiver has a step on a DB, he's open, period. 

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 08, 2008, 11:03:16 AM

Gruden needs to teach his receivers to slow down a little so they can be where Garcia is throwing the ball.

Thanks. That one brought a smile. Was having a case of the Mondays.

I know there was no zip on the ball, but there wasn't much separation on those patterns either...

We need Clayton!  ;)

Madman

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 08, 2008, 11:00:07 AM

Gruden needs to teach his receivers to slow down a little so they can be where Garcia is throwing the ball.

Thanks. That one brought a smile. Was having a case of the Mondays.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 08, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

He passed for over 200 yards and a TD, and he led two more drives that resulted in FGs. I'll overlook the interception. We all know that was just a fluke play and won't happen very often. He was probably just tired from throwing 40+ times. Very impressive start considering his age and the rust and his pinky.

The blame for this loss rests squarely on the Defense. They allowed over 400 yards of offense and 24 points. We need to make some drastic changes there and to sign Garcia to a three year extension. Imagine how great he will be with four or five years in Gruden's system. ::)

Gruden needs to teach his receivers to slow down a little so they can be where Garcia is throwing the ball. He should also bench Dunn next week so Clayton can play. Graham can handle 20 rushes by himself easily.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 08, 2008, 10:59:20 AM

I'll agree with that in the second half yesterday...

In the first half, he was on the top of my list of problem areas...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 08, 2008, 12:43:24 PM

Florida Native...he was pretty good at the end of the first half too....but unfortunately ran out of time....

In the 3rd quarter, when we took a 13-10 lead.....you know after Graham's 40 something yard run...Garcia had just 1 pass attempt which was incomplete to Bryant.  

The defense then gave up an 81 yard TD on the very next play.  Our offense responds with a TD.

Our defense responds with giving up a 42 yard TD.

Be mad at the offense if you want, but the defense killed us yesterday

EDIT: And yeah Garcia didn't have his best of games, but blaming him for the loss is crazy....the defense was terrible beyond belief

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 08, 2008, 01:30:45 PM

Garcia was clearly out of synch, as I expected and as I said I had feared earlier in the week.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 08, 2008, 02:07:22 PM

you win as a team and you lose as a team....

the offense scoring 13 points is not good....but the defense giving up over 450 yards and 3 touchdowns on 3 big plays was also atrocious....

You are sadly mistaken if you think we win that game with Griese or anyone else in there at QB.  You will see what I'm talking about when we play the Falcons next week if Garcia can't go...

I find it amusing that you don't have that attitude when Griese or McCown are at QB. When they play, it's all their fault and they get credit for nothing.

What else is new. Your bias is showing.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#25 : September 08, 2008, 02:13:11 PM

official quote of the week

"Credit to New Orleans, but we missed some routine plays we normally make," Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden said. "It was bad coaching and bad execution."

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 08, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

No, Sparky....I agree that Garcia didn't have his best of games, but our defense gave up the most yards in the league yesterday with exception to the Rams and Lions...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 08, 2008, 02:35:46 PM

Um, not sure what game you watched Keep, but he didn't "play well for the most part".  He played like total crap for the most part, and partial crap the rest.  He'd be the first to tell you that.  There also weren't a "bunch of drops".  There were bunch of awful throws though.  About 30 to 35 of them.

But if you think he played well, then he needs to be cut, because if that's what he looks like "playing well" we need a different QB....

And he wasn't "throwing to guys who weren't open".  A receiver has a step on a DB, he's open, period. 

This was my point exactly. 200 yards and a TD IS "playing well" for him. If you expect more than this from him, you're going to be very disappointed. We need a QB who can sustain a long drive and/or "hit the big one". We have two other QBs with the potential to do that. To the best of my knowledge, neither of them has a calf strain, a sore pinkie, or a sprained ankle.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 08, 2008, 02:42:24 PM

You clearly didn't pay full detail to the horrible throws he made when Bryant consistently beat Tracy Porter like a drum.

Garcia threw 1 pass to a guy that him in stride.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 08, 2008, 03:09:29 PM

No, Sparky....I agree that Garcia didn't have his best of games, but our defense gave up the most yards in the league yesterday with exception to the Rams and Lions...

Is it any wonder? Garcia couldn't keep the offense on the field long enough for the Defense to catch it's breath. 200 yards is better than most of his games last year. One TD is his average. His typical production at this stage of his career is not acceptable to me. Griese would have hit more of those throws yesterday. McCown hit 15 in a row last year against the Saints. I believe he would have had at least two TDs yesterday and Gruden would have had the ground game more involved.

We have two QBs who are healthy and certainly more accurate than Jeff Garcia is right now. I'm tired of the excuses. Everybody else showed up on time for TC and did their jobs without complaint, even Simms. Since midseason last year Garcia has been much less than impressive. At this point I'm sorry he didn't retire this year.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools