Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 08, 2008, 03:15:12 PM

1sparkybuc...

Bucs TOP---28:28
Saints TOP---31:32

Bucs take the lead to go up 13-10, on the very next play, the Defense gives up an 84 yard TD.  Let me guess, it's Garcia's fault that the team kicked a field goal......maybe they should have waited a few extra seconds to kick the field goal...you know give the defense some extra rest..

Garcia and the offense then answer with a TD drive and it takes about 5 minutes.....which I'm sorry but should give the D enough time to catch it's breathe...

But nah the D answers with giving up the worst execution of tackling I have ever seen...on a 42 yard TD drive.

I usually like debating with ya...but you are wrong on this one buddy...

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 09, 2008, 05:32:27 AM

Mr. Garcia and Mrs. Galloway are old veterans that have been pampered by this team and now the results are coming in. 

This is FOOTBALL, not the flag edition either.  Play or sit.  I prefer they sit.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 09, 2008, 04:53:45 AM

0 for 5 on third down conversions. I'm not wrong. That's pathetic for a "veteran" QB.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 09, 2008, 11:15:44 AM

No you are wrong...saying the defense couldn't catch it's breathe then me showing you these facts:

Bucs take the lead to go up 13-10, on the very next play, the Defense gives up an 84 yard TD.  Let me guess, it's Garcia's fault that the team kicked a field goal......maybe they should have waited a few extra seconds to kick the field goal...you know give the defense some extra rest..

Garcia and the offense then answer with a TD drive and it takes about 5 minutes.....which I'm sorry but should give the D enough time to catch it's breathe...

But nah the D answers with giving up the worst execution of tackling I have ever seen...on a 42 yard TD drive.

Also the Saints had the ball for a whole 3 more minutes. 

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 09, 2008, 11:18:54 AM

breathe

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 09, 2008, 11:20:35 AM

The D didn't break down in the first half when we weren't converting....they broke down when it mattered most in the 2nd half....and had halftime to rest...

They gave up a TD on the opening drive of the game.  Was that Garcia's fault too?

Before the D gave up that 84 yard Bomb at the end of the 3rd Quarter...our D was on the field for 8 minutes that quarter.  The Saints D was on the field for 7.

In the 4th, our offense opened it with a 5 minute TD drive, then our D gave up a TD.

Our D lost this game for us, ya know the same one that is ranked 28th in the league after week 1.  Our top 10 offense is just fine

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 09, 2008, 11:49:45 AM

I have noticed a trend.  Last year at Indy, missed tackles, DBs falling/tripping.  Then at Detroit horrible tackling, players slipping, bad angles.  Now at the Superdome Ronde falls down, several other slips/trips and tackling is bad.

It seems we have a problem with turf.  We give up big plays, we miss tackles that don't normally get missed, when we are on turf.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 09, 2008, 11:51:27 AM

13 points by the offense is 4th in the division, 12th in the conference, and tied for 23rd in the league. You can dress this pig in a ballgown and put lipstick on it any way you want, Garcia sucks. Actually, a pig is better than Garcia. At least with a pig, you can have a bar-b-que.
The D didn't break down in the first half when we weren't converting....they broke down when it mattered most in the 2nd half....and had halftime to rest...

They gave up a TD on the opening drive of the game.  Was that Garcia's fault too?

Before the D gave up that 84 yard Bomb at the end of the 3rd Quarter...our D was on the field for 8 minutes that quarter.  The Saints D was on the field for 7.

In the 4th, our offense opened it with a 5 minute TD drive, then our D gave up a TD.

Our D lost this game for us, ya know the same one that is ranked 28th in the league after week 1.  Our top 10 offense is just fine

#38 : September 09, 2008, 12:58:47 PM

I have noticed a trend.  Last year at Indy, missed tackles, DBs falling/tripping.  Then at Detroit horrible tackling, players slipping, bad angles.  Now at the Superdome Ronde falls down, several other slips/trips and tackling is bad.

It seems we have a problem with turf.  We give up big plays, we miss tackles that don't normally get missed, when we are on turf.

Interesting note, but it does seem accurate...

They gave up a TD on the opening drive of the game.  Was that Garcia's fault too?

Before the D gave up that 84 yard Bomb at the end of the 3rd Quarter...our D was on the field for 8 minutes that quarter.  The Saints D was on the field for 7.

Our D lost this game for us, ya know the same one that is ranked 28th in the league after week 1.  Our top 10 offense is just fine

Man you are in full blown excuse mode, aren't you?

13 points is not acceptable.  Especially not with the relatively good field position we started out with through a big portion of the game.  It won't kill you to admit it, if Garcia didn't play like absolute garbage we would have won that.  just 1 more FG before the 4th quarter and we win that game.  That's all it would have taken and we'd have been kicking a FG to win at the end instead of going for it on 4th and 6.

The D didn't lose this game for us.  Sorry, but you don't get to claim that when your offense only puts up 13 points against one of the top offenses in the league.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 09, 2008, 01:02:46 PM

It should have been 20 points if not for the late INT by Garcia. And truth be told, the defense DID make costly mistakes that contributed to the loss, no question.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#40 : September 09, 2008, 01:55:39 PM

Typical JEFFREY!!!

Is it just me, or does Jeffrey look more Uncomfortable in the pocket than any QB in NFL History??? I mean, I know Peyton does that freaky "jig" thing with his feet, but Jeffrey looks like his ankles are double jointed, he's all over the place. And speaking of Ankles.....Just when did he "sprain" this ankle. It damn sure wasn't scrambling for a crucial 1st Down. I think he sprained it tripping over his lip while still whining about being rusty (AFTER ATTENDING IS DADDY'S 78th Anniversary of his 1st Pop Warner Football Champship, Instead of being in Training Camp). Just my humble opinion. 

Jeffrey, the end of your career is on line one.... It's about time to take the call!

#41 : September 09, 2008, 02:25:42 PM

Nobody's saying they didn't play badly, at least according to the standards we set for them.  But an offense that can't score more than 13 points has no business not getting the brunt of the blame.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 09, 2008, 02:41:09 PM

The D didn't lose this game for us?

Are you serious?  You want to blame the offense for only putting up 13 points but what did you expect from our offense?  We typically score around 17 under Gruden, so to expect scores of 24 or higher for us is pipe dreaming....

Our bread and butter is the defense and the fact that it gave up alot of yards and 3 big plays for TDs lost us the game.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 09, 2008, 02:51:48 PM

Our bread and butter is the defense and the fact that it gave up alot of yards and 3 big plays for TDs lost us the game.

They share equally in this loss, I'd say, though the disappointment should be a little greater in the defense, because of its stature.

The fact is, the Bucs were up 20-17 with half a quarter to play, and with the Saints out of FG range the defense allowed a short pass on 3rd-and-5 to go 42 yards for a TD. Had they stopped NO and held them at least to just a FG, the score would only have been tied and the Bucs would have been well in range for a possible game-winning kick with 44 seconds left in the game.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 09, 2008, 02:55:03 PM

They share equally in this loss, I'd say, though the disappointment should be a little greater in the defense, because of its stature.

The fact is, the Bucs were up 20-17 with half a quarter to play, and with the Saints out of FG range the defense allowed a short pass on 3rd-and-5 to go 42 yards for a TD. Had they stopped NO and held them at least to just a FG, the score would only have been tied and the Bucs would have been well in range for a possible game-winning kick with 44 seconds left in the game.

You could make an argument for either side of the ball -- but I'm much more willing to pin it on the offense after the D comes up with a big play that results in a TD and completely changes the tide of momentum...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This was one of Garcia's better days « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools