Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lynch still bringin the pain!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: December 24, 2006, 04:41:51 PM

Poor Chris Henry!!!

zed

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 24, 2006, 04:42:24 PM

Is he a FA next year?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 24, 2006, 04:46:25 PM

Nope, he has 2 more years left I believe. Too bad. I'd love to get him back. While I don't think he was good enough to be a Pro Bowler this year, he is still a good safety and way better than both guys we have.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : December 24, 2006, 05:00:14 PM

He makes jacked up for that.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 24, 2006, 05:54:38 PM

Good hitter, but he is still a liability in coverage. Stop living in the past he is gone and not coming back.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 24, 2006, 05:55:04 PM

they can't help it T.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 24, 2006, 06:31:33 PM

Good hitter, but he is still a liability in coverage. Stop living in the past he is gone and not coming back.

He's not that big a liability in coverage.   I'd take him over Phillips any day.   He's a better safety overall than Phillips.   He may not be coming back, but that doesn't mean I can't still complain about how dumb it was to get rid of him in the first place.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : December 24, 2006, 06:51:04 PM

He's not that big a liability in coverage. I'd take him over Phillips any day. He's a better safety overall than Phillips. He may not be coming back, but that doesn't mean I can't still complain about how dumb it was to get rid of him in the first place.
Exactly!!!

#8 : December 24, 2006, 06:59:14 PM

Just knocked the snot outta Rudi Johnson and caused fumble.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 24, 2006, 07:45:21 PM

Well chalk the John Lynch thing up to they made a mistake. But honestly his last  two years in Tampa he was wiffing on tackles and not playing as well as he is now. Probably had to do with  his health.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

Buc31

Starter

#10 : December 24, 2006, 10:00:52 PM

Anybody got a link?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : December 24, 2006, 10:22:10 PM

Anybody got a link?
Link to what? The Denver game?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 25, 2006, 01:48:39 PM

He's not that big a liability in coverage. I'd take him over Phillips any day. He's a better safety overall than Phillips. He may not be coming back, but that doesn't mean I can't still complain about how dumb it was to get rid of him in the first place.

Sigh......hindsight is 20/20.  At the time, Lynch was coming off  career threatening neck surgery and failed the team physical.  Phillips sort of fooled us by playing well as his replacement that year in several starts when Lynch was out with injuries.  So from the team's point of view: On one hand we had salary cap problems and an aging, injured, high priced vet(Lynch).  On the other hand, we had a younger, cheaper and more athletic option behind him on the bench (Phillips).  Lynch refused to restructure when approached by Allen and he refused to accept a demotion to the bench.  All of the above = cap casualty.  It happens to vet stars across the league every offseason.  get over it fellas.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 25, 2006, 02:00:01 PM

RPC,

They won't get over it. It will be repeated many more times till Lynch retires.

We will hear the same thing about Alstott and Brooks when their time comes.

There will always be those who want to live in the past and or have 20/20 hindsight vision.

It gets tiring after a couple of years.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : December 25, 2006, 08:49:03 PM

Hindsight is bullcrap!! Plenty of people knew he shouldn't have been let go when he was.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lynch still bringin the pain!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools