Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow and its only day four... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2008, 10:47:24 PM

McCain's selection of a neophyte says more about the current state of the republican party more than Misses Palin -  its just hard to believe that McCain couldn't find anyone more talented, experienced than Palin.   Maybe he did select someone else to be his VP running mate but was turned down - who knows?   

well if Obama talks change, hope... what does it say when he chooses a status quo liberal Biden.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : September 02, 2008, 10:47:38 PM

yeah and how many democrats are rallying behind Obama?

Millions, I'd guess.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 02, 2008, 10:49:58 PM

Parties control these candidates. That's why it's time to blow up the system.

You're pissin in the wind, joe...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 02, 2008, 10:54:08 PM

I think Joe is one of those punks in St. Paul bashing out windows.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 02, 2008, 10:57:13 PM

I think Joe is one of those punks in St. Paul bashing out windows.....

nope hes with the Revolutionist Paul outside... the guys that will change history

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 02, 2008, 11:05:35 PM

The only thing that will change history is if things get even worse, politically.

More on Palin, censorship, and Ivana Trump.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13084.html

Excerpt:

Sarah Palin may be new to most Americans, but she's not entirely new to the national Democratic Party.

Democrat Tony Knowles, her opponent in the 2006 Alaska gubernatorial race, put together a detailed, 63-page research document - obtained by Politico - cataloging Palin's strengths and weaknesses. And the Obama campaign, in particular, knows Palin well: A key Obama consultant, Anita Dunn, worked on Knowles' campaign.

The Democratic opposition research document, which was not obtained from Dunn or from the Obama campaign, is largely a catalog of the day-to-day decisions of a small-town mayor. It contains examples of her sometimes confrontational tenure and colorful details of an ordinary woman who was thrilled to meet Ivana Trump and who began the process of opening a marketing company whose name - Rouge Cou - was supposed to be a French version of "redneck."

The document, largely a collection of newspaper clippings on local issues with no major revelations about Palin, details her socially conservative views - she opposes abortion even in the case of rape and incest, and supported an amendment to the Alaska Constitution to ban it - and also some of the exceptions to them. At one point, Palin supported mandatory education for teenagers about contraception, something that political insiders in both parties will find ironic in the wake of her 17-year-old daughter Bristol's pregnancy and upcoming marriage.

Palin's Management Style is to Bully and Demand Political Loyalty. Palin's tenure as mayor of Wasilla was marred by tremendous staff turnover, first when she fired most of the top staff - including the city's librarian - because she questioned their loyalty, and then later when staff quit because of her micromanaging style. Wasilla even lost the opportunity to hire a police chief because he said the job seemed too political.

Details on library books (censorship on her mind?) and Ivana Trump are at the link...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 02, 2008, 11:18:31 PM

Palin�s Management Style is to Bully and Demand Political Loyalty. Palin�s tenure as mayor of Wasilla was marred by tremendous staff turnover, first when she fired most of the top staff � including the city�s librarian � because she questioned their loyalty, and then later when staff quit because of her micromanaging style. Wasilla even lost the opportunity to hire a police chief because he said the job seemed too political.

Sounds like what we need in Washington right now. Someone who is going to stand up, shake up the system, get people in line, and get the country on track. That's leadership.

Obama/Biden will be more of the same old politics. They are both coming from a Senate who has the lowest approval rating in the history of the nation.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 02, 2008, 11:29:13 PM

After listening to Lieberman's speech, it's a good thing McCain didn't select him for a running mate.   

Thompson would have been a good choice though!   That guy is a great speaker.    I'd prefer him over any of the current candidates for president or vice president.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : September 02, 2008, 11:31:20 PM

Great speaker (Thompson), good looks (Palin) - you do have unusual criteria for who gets your vote.  Kind of superficial characterisitics, no?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 02, 2008, 11:33:24 PM

The only characteristic Obama has going for him is his speaking abilities.   I think he's a good speaker too, but I think Thompson is better.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 02, 2008, 11:39:08 PM

Palin's Management Style is to Bully and Demand Political Loyalty. Palin's tenure as mayor of Wasilla was marred by tremendous staff turnover, first when she fired most of the top staff - including the city's librarian  because she questioned their loyalty, and then later when staff quit because of her micromanaging style. Wasilla even lost the opportunity to hire a police chief because he said the job seemed too political.

Sounds like what we need in Washington right now. Someone who is going to stand up, shake up the system, get people in line, and get the country on track. That's leadership.

Obama/Biden will be more of the same old politics. They are both coming from a Senate who has the lowest approval rating in the history of the nation.

Yeah, I'm sure Palin would get great results by micromanaging people who have tons more experience than
her. That would go over well. Or, maybe she could play nice and take her staff on a field trip to go see Ivana
Trump at the jewelry store.

She seems to have made everything political. A far cry from the fresh face she has been made out to be.

Banning abortion in the cases of incest and rape? The extreme religious folks will love her. And that's why
she's on the ticket.

If the female Hillary supporters look at Palin's record, there's no way they will be able to vote for McCain with
Palin being on the ticket. Unless, they're just interested in getting a female into the oval office.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 02, 2008, 11:39:56 PM

The only characteristic Obama has going for him is his speaking abilities.   I think he's a good speaker too, but I think Thompson is better.

Quick, without looking, which policies did you like from Thompson? What about his platform matched your
political views?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 02, 2008, 11:50:02 PM

As far as I know, his political views are basically identical to Palin's.   Those are not my political views in any way.  But he's a good speaker and she's a hotty.   

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 03, 2008, 12:07:50 AM

Nice legs

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 03, 2008, 12:08:05 AM

We had a few 'technical difficulties' with Fox tonight, and we ended up watching the speeches on CNN. I was totally gobsmacked by the difference in the coverage. We managed to get some of the coverage, but here is a summary of what I saw:

After Bushes speech:
Fox:  I am surpirsed the President didn't highlight the differences between him and McCain ...what did you think....?
CNN: Nice speech, now moving onto Sarah Palin ...

After Thompsons speech:
Fox: That was a pretty good speech, do you think ....?
CNN: Nice speech, now moving on to Sarah Palin ...

After Liebermans speech:
Fox: Do you think he will influence any Democrats ...
CNN: Boy are the democrats going to be pissed at him, they will be writing te ex communication papers as we speak, now, moving on to Sarah Palin ..

Man, that was nauseating, I have to be honest and say I haven't watched much CNN much for in the last few weeks (I usually like to get a perspective regardless of my personal views), but what I did see last week was a total gush for Obama, and this, on the first night of the conference, talk about in the tank. It seems that MSNBC have a few lessons to learn. I mean, c'mon, to totally brush aside the way they did everything in the conference tonight and focus on the 'Palin negatives', I found it totally amazing. Gordon Bennet, who needs a campaign manager!

I was stunned, totally stunned.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow and its only day four... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools