Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow and its only day four... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #30 : September 03, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »

If the female Hillary supporters look at Palin's record, there's no way they will be able to vote for McCain with
Palin being on the ticket. Unless, they're just interested in getting a female into the oval office.

And many of them are just interested in that... Just like man African-Americans will vote for Obama just because he's black. It's called "identity politics." And on the flip side...some wont vote McCain because he's got a woman on his ticket. Some wont vote for Obama because he's black.

It's unfortunate.... it's a minority of voters...but they exist.

« #31 : September 03, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »

Nice legs

What the crab?   That is a big hairy growler BTW.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #32 : September 03, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »

Chick has enough time on her hands to get tanned legs. Must not be too busy up there in Northern Exposure land. Didn't think Alaska got a lot of sun to get a tan.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : September 03, 2008, 12:16:38 AM »

Chick has enough time on her hands to get tanned legs. Must not be too busy up there in Northern Exposure land. Didn't think Alaska got a lot of sun to get a tan.

I can only assume you've ever heard of the expression 'land of the midnight sun'?  Figures!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 03, 2008, 12:18:03 AM »

CNN is a joke. Every one of those people on there are registered Democrats. Wolf Blitzer? Donna Brazil? Campbell Brown? They are all leftists. And they make no secret about it.

« #35 : September 03, 2008, 12:19:24 AM »

I got to admit if I was picking a VP candidate to have over for a wife swapping party Sarah would be right up there at the top of the list........just not quite as keen on her suitability to be President.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #36 : September 03, 2008, 12:20:34 AM »

Palin's speech is tomorrow. Obviously it is the speech every voter is waiting for and everyone will be watching....liberal, conservative, and everyone in between.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #37 : September 03, 2008, 12:28:09 AM »

CNN is a joke. Every one of those people on there are registered Democrats. Wolf Blitzer? Donna Brazil? Campbell Brown? They are all leftists. And they make no secret about it.

Campbell Brown's husband is Dan Senor a former deputy press secretary for GW Bush and a chief spokesperson for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. He is a Republican consultant who appears regularly on Fox news.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #38 : September 03, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »

If the female Hillary supporters look at Palin's record, there's no way they will be able to vote for McCain with
Palin being on the ticket. Unless, they're just interested in getting a female into the oval office.

And many of them are just interested in that... Just like man African-Americans will vote for Obama just because he's black. It's called "identity politics." And on the flip side...some wont vote McCain because he's got a woman on his ticket. Some wont vote for Obama because he's black.

It's unfortunate.... it's a minority of voters...but they exist.

Ummm, blacks are Ds for the most part. They agree with Obama's platform.

Hillary supporters are Ds too. Just making sure you realize that because your above statement
is so ridiculous. Hillary supporters (if they vote for McCain/Palin) would be voting for a duo who
support policies totally opposite of what Hillary ran on. Makes no sense. Except to show that
the Hillary supporters would vote McCain/Palin out of spite. Not the brightest folks.

So, your blacks/Obama comparison is awful.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : September 03, 2008, 01:40:21 AM »

I read an article that said most women historically vote Rebublican.    I think the Hillary supporters weren't democrats so much as they were happy to support a woman.   They'll flock to Palin now - just watch.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #40 : September 03, 2008, 01:45:57 AM »

I found it interesting the difference in the crowd at the Democratic convention compared to the Republican.   The Republican was almost 100% whites and mostly older people.    The Democratic had mostly minorities and younger people.   

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #41 : September 03, 2008, 02:00:23 AM »

I read an article that said most women historically vote Rebublican.    I think the Hillary supporters weren't democrats so much as they were happy to support a woman.   They'll flock to Palin now - just watch.

I think that's wrong but I have only found this so far...

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/813/gen-dems

Since 1992, the Democratic Party has had a sizable advantage in partisan affiliation among women. But women voters now identify with the Democratic Party in greater numbers than in the past -- and the trend is particularly dramatic among younger women voters.

Fully 56% of women identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, compared with 33% who identify or lean toward the GOP. Since 2004, the Democrats' lead in party affiliation among women has doubled (from 11 points to 22 points).

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #42 : September 03, 2008, 02:13:25 AM »

Women dont vote in blocks like minorities tend to do. Married women tend to vote Republican and single women tend to vote Democratic.

There was some polling study several years back that I remember that women tend to cross-vote more often than any other voting group. They are the least loyal to their party. What I mean by that is that they are much more willing to cross over and vote for the other party than men. So McCain making a run at those women is not such a bad idea.

Right now (September 2nd), Gallup shows that 12% of Hillary voters WILL vote McCain. Which means Gallup says those women have already made up their mind. Gallup also says there is still nearly 8-10% that are unsure what to do. Even if McCain picks up some and gets to 15%....that's significant. That would bring in 4-6 million votes that McCain would not have otherwise had. And most of those votes would be concentrated in swing states....states Clinton did well in. So this is certainly not a bad strategy. The 2000 election came down to 537 votes! Every vote counts.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #43 : September 03, 2008, 07:35:07 AM »

and what is your information to suggest 3-5%, or did you just pull that out of the air somewhere?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #44 : September 03, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »

What is your info to suggest 15%? It's simply a supposition, either of us or neither could be right.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow and its only day four... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools