Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should I make this trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Evanbro

Practice Squad

: September 01, 2008, 03:54:09 PM

Hey guys should I make this trade?

I would be trading: Gates, Lynch, and Kenny Watson

I would get: Westbrook and Heap

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 01, 2008, 03:57:40 PM

no.  thats plain dumb.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 01, 2008, 04:40:37 PM

Yes. Westbrook and Heap are good.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 01, 2008, 04:52:29 PM

Yes. Westbrook and Heap are good.

heap dont have a good qb and he is injured.

Evanbro

Practice Squad

#4 : September 01, 2008, 05:51:53 PM

I def understand. I just can't tell if it pays to go with heap and donal lee as my te. Westbrook is just so good.

My only weakness would be TE because I would have a starting lineup of Brady, TJ, Fitz, Westbrook, Lews, Heap, Folk and San Diego

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 01, 2008, 06:02:10 PM

lee will be good rogers will use him a bunch. keep him.  dont make any trades untill week 1.

Evanbro

Practice Squad

#6 : September 01, 2008, 06:11:32 PM

Yea as of now I am leaning that way. I know I will be able to pull the trigger next week as well so it is prob better for me to hold off.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 01, 2008, 06:25:46 PM

Todd Heap has never had a real QB other then McNair one year but still is probably one of my favoritest TE's. The dude has got serious skills. You must not have seen his one handed leaps of faith grabbing the football for a TD. I think its a pretty set deal. Take it now before its too late. Besides you got such a good WR set that having a bad TE will not really be that neglected if those WRs make TDs.

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Evanbro

Practice Squad

#8 : September 01, 2008, 06:45:50 PM

That is what I thought. I think I may do it.

Evanbro

Practice Squad

#9 : September 02, 2008, 07:05:05 AM

OK I made the trade. My starting lineup is now:

Brady
Tj Housh
Fitz
Westbrook
Lewis
Heap or Lee
Folk
San Diego D/ Special Teams

Bench: Chris Johnson, Edge, Cotchery, Flip Rivers, Seattle D, J. Walker, Rudi,

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 02, 2008, 08:09:05 PM

Evan if I was you I would start Edge over Lewis. Edge is the #1 back in Arizona and does'nt look to share much with the Rookie RB behind him. I think you should go with him because Larry Fitz and Boldin open up the Running game ALOT. Then again so does Winslow and Edwards. Its your call but I would also look at whose got the better OLine. Joe Thomas on the line is a big plus but everything has to be factored and Edge did pretty well last year with like 1200+ yards and 7tds. Pretty good if you ask me.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 02, 2008, 10:53:38 PM

Westbrook had a career year for carries last season, just dont see him getting close to those numbers should the team feel Tony Hunt can handle blitz pickup, lean to the side of caution on this one. Gates is also coming off of an injury. With the young QB for the Ravens going Heap will get a lot of check down stuff thrown his way

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Booker

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 03, 2008, 09:31:55 AM

Dumb trade to take.  Really dumb actually. Marshan lynch will have a huge year with being more involved in the passing game.  Westbrook has injury concerns every year and Heap is not a top 5 TE by any means because he is ALWAYS injured. Giving up Gates is a joke. And don't listen to Bucco any more.Edge is a joke for Fantasy. Never finds the end zone.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 03, 2008, 04:54:52 PM

2007 Stats for Edgerrin James:
CAR
YDS
AVG
TDS
24 Catches for 204 yards 8.5 ypc 

Yeah...he never finds the endzone alright.

If you looked at his WRs then you would realize picking up Westbrook was a better choice then going with Lynch. Westbrook can run and catch TDs. Id take Westbrook over a 2nd year starter anyday unless his name is Adrian Peterson.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2008, 07:40:06 PM

Compared to Jamal's numbers of:
CAR   298
YDS   1304
AVG   4.4
TD   9

Yeah start Edge first. And what is wrong with his WRs? Housh and Larry F is damned good.....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should I make this trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools