Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia looking for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 01, 2008, 04:39:38 PM

According to Garcia, all he wants is a little respect for what he does.

"It's been an uphill battle for me getting people to appreciate what I can do on the field and to feel good about that," Garcia said. "If it means I have to fight that battle again, it's nothing new to me. Does it get old for me after a while? Yes, it does. But if that's the push I need at 38 years old, so be it."

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 01, 2008, 04:41:56 PM

Well I like that attitude better than what he's been showing lately.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 01, 2008, 04:46:24 PM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bucs0108sep01,0,46974.story?page=1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 01, 2008, 04:48:55 PM

Sounds like a reasonable statement to me, particularly considering his POV.

#4 : September 01, 2008, 04:52:52 PM

The diva needs to stop griping about $$ and put up more than 13 tds then maybe he'd get a lil more r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : September 01, 2008, 05:15:23 PM

He could go 16 games with 1 TD and no INT's and his nut huggers will shout...."HE DIDN'T THROW ANY INT'S"

He needs to prove to me we can count on him for an extended period of time and sustain drives. We had a alot of 3 and outs last season, or at least it appeared that way.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 01, 2008, 05:22:48 PM

He needs to step up his production.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 01, 2008, 05:30:24 PM

And stop whining. After his antics this off-season he doesn't deserve any respect.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 01, 2008, 05:32:17 PM

I'll respect him when he brings in the "W"'s...I just don't want to hear his whinning little but about no money...OBD

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 01, 2008, 10:50:34 PM

Anybody happen to have Aretha Franklin's phone number?

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 01, 2008, 10:34:54 PM

Put up 35 TD's and about 4ooo yds    and I will respect the heck out of you Jeff!

#11 : September 01, 2008, 06:18:09 PM

I want more than just W's

I want a deep playoff run. With this great defense and solid running game there's no reason we can't.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#12 : September 01, 2008, 06:22:16 PM

Yea I mean he didnt do anything amazing last year. We had a great running game and that set up the big plays to Galloway. Besides taking care of the football and making some sacrificial runs he didnt do anything crazy.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : September 01, 2008, 10:24:25 PM

I'm talking about this year, who cares what he did LAST year.
Truer words never spoken. But tread lightly my friend, Garcia is loved by many here desperate for a QB to call their own.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 01, 2008, 07:12:40 PM

I disagree.  He was amazing given a less than mature oline of a year ago.  There were times he was running for his life. ( Minus the head first slides.)  He was held out by Gruden for the game we lost that made us 9 wins instead of 10 wins and lost his momentum.
I firmly believe that we would have won that final game with whomever if Garcia had played.  For what it's worth.

That cost him $1mil.  And we don't know what other incentives he might have reached. 
I don't think that was a good move by Gruden.

Aside from his poor decision to bring up the $$$, it's hard to see how he could have felt the "love" with the Favre debacle.
So I do think he's feeling unappreciated.  I don't think oyou want your QB to start the season feeling that way, but on the
business side of the equation...the legal but often unethical and immoral side of life...it's hard to give him a lot of $$ plus more
than a one year extension based on combo of his age and "injury."

Time to put it all aside and play like hell.  Not for the money or contract but for personal pride.  IMHO.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia looking for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools