Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia looking for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : September 02, 2008, 03:56:59 PM

granted, he may not have been the starter in some of those years, but that means he wasnt GOOD ENOUGH to be 1st string in those years.

First, let me say that I don't think Garcia should be griping about a contract extension. However, regarding your comment above:

Are you saying that there are no backup QB's on 32 NFL teams who are good enough to start in the league? If not for their team, then someone else?

Yes, I stand by my statement.   if youre the backup QB for teams like Cleveland and Detroit, then you're probably not that good.    He's an ok starter for the Bucs because we dont need to score a lot of points to win games.  I would much rather score more points though, then put all our hopes in one basket with Garcia.   Im glad we signed Griese as an insurance policy, and I think we already know what we're getting with mcCown.   The jury is far from deciding on Johnson, but I support the decision to keep him on the active roster to get to him develop quicker.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 02, 2008, 04:00:50 PM

Ok, if that's the way you see it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 02, 2008, 04:09:34 PM

Funny...

Some on the MB think Simms is good enough to start somewhere else, and some even think he will "tear it up" elsewhere.

Some think we should trade for Brady Quinn, but he is a backup in Cleveland.  And IMO, Derek Anderson started to slip, or at least look average, in the last few weeks of the season.  More tape on him, I suppose...

Some in Philly wanted the Eagles to KEEP Garcia, and unload McNabb.  They saw Garcia as more of a saavy veteran, who had the "it" quality that was desired and needed for a struggling offense.

Tony Romo sat on the bench behind Drew Bledsoe, of all people, and is now the "man".  In Big D, no less.  I think he will be average this year, but that is just me.  I hate Dallas.

We all know about Tom Brady...again, he sat behind Bledsoe for a few minutes before getting his job, and putting a stranglehold on it.

In Buffalo, there was a controversey about trent Edwards and Losman.

There are a ton of backups in the NFL that could start.  That maybe SHOULD start...

Seneca Wallace could start for the Bucs. 

Garcia could start for the Ravens.  He could start for Falcons.  He could start for the NIners, for the Cardinals...

Garcia will be fine this season.  He will most likely get dinged up, it is in his nature to be so.  He is slight, so he gets banged up.  I actually think Gruden benching him last year was a solid move, given this fact.

We'll see son enough.  Won't we?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 02, 2008, 04:19:39 PM

We'll see son enough.  Won't we?

Hey! Who you callin' son?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia looking for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools