Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Saints-Bucs game in Indianapolis! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : September 01, 2008, 05:13:53 PM

All he asked for is confirmation as I would like that too. I do not see this info ANYWHERE and I imagine that would be pretty big news.

Me either.... and i've looked all over.

JC510

Practice Squad

#16 : September 01, 2008, 05:16:01 PM

They aren't going to have the Colts play Sunday night and have another NFL game in there that afternoon. It's not possible. It's not going to happen.

It is 100% possible. Bucs-Saints at 1. Colts at 8:30. Arenas that have NBA and NHL teams do that, and they have to take the floor apart. For them to do this they don't have to do anything except clean out the locker room.

kmitchell

Starter

#17 : September 01, 2008, 05:19:22 PM

I saw it during the 2nd quarter. It had 3 things that were changing this week in football, I saw the 2nd one said Saints-Bucs in Indianapolis. I have been looking for it online too, haven't seen it yet. If it is wrong, I apologize, thats just what I saw on ESPN.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : September 01, 2008, 05:20:41 PM

I saw it during the 2nd quarter. It had 3 things that were changing this week in football, I saw the 2nd one said Saints-Bucs in Indianapolis. I have been looking for it online too, haven't seen it yet. If it is wrong, I apologize, thats just what I saw on ESPN.
Rewind your DVR....or JC510

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 01, 2008, 05:20:53 PM

I just made a call to a contact and according to him, so far he's heard nothing that says the league has definitely moved the game.

k_bassuka

Starter

#20 : September 01, 2008, 05:21:44 PM

I just heard on NFL network that if they don't play the game in N.O. they're going to switch home games with the Bucs. I guess we just need too wait and see.

kmitchell

Starter

#21 : September 01, 2008, 05:22:23 PM

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

It's on the video slider on the right side of the screen. Looks like the game might be in Tampa, then the second time we meet up we play them in New Orleans.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 01, 2008, 05:24:00 PM

They aren't going to play a 1:00 game that will end somewhere around 4:00-4:30; get all those fans out of there, prepare the pre-game activities, the field, the seats, etc.; open the gates back up to the ticket holding Colts fans, prepare for the opening home game, and do everything necessary to have that happen in that short of time. It'd be foolish and time constraining. If the game isn't in New Orleans this Sunday, then it will likely be moved to another location close to New Orleans or flipped over to Tampa. They are practicing in Indianapolis, yes, but they won't play the game there (unless for some reason the game gets switched from Sunday).

MBF

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 01, 2008, 05:24:57 PM

All that says is that they'll practice in Indy.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 01, 2008, 05:25:07 PM

I just heard on NFL network that if they don't play the game in N.O. they're going to switch home games with the Bucs. I guess we just need too wait and see.

Which screws us BIGTIME. We have 4 straight away games (3 of them division) on the road in December.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 01, 2008, 05:26:02 PM

Can't win on the road, shame on them.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 01, 2008, 05:26:39 PM

The Colts play in Lucas Oil Stadium. I'm under the impression that the Bucs-Saints game would be in the RCA Dome.

kmitchell

Starter

#27 : September 01, 2008, 05:26:52 PM

This is what it said on ESPN during the Fresno State game.
Games affected by Gustav...
"Saints game moved to Indianapolis. Scheduled to play the Buccaneers Sunday."

That came up at 12:50 left in the 2nd quarter.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 01, 2008, 05:27:20 PM

We will likely have our own hurricane issues in THIS state later this week and next as well.. sheesh.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : September 01, 2008, 05:28:03 PM

The Colts play in Lucas Oil Stadium. I'm under the impression that the Bucs-Saints game would be in the RCA Dome.
Do they still have grills to cook hot dogs or kegs of beer to sell in RCA?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Saints-Bucs game in Indianapolis! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools