Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Saints-Bucs game in Indianapolis! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 01, 2008, 05:29:08 PM

ABuccs:

It was a joke, they've already begun demolishing the RCA Dome.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#31 : September 01, 2008, 05:29:38 PM

Nothing has changed from a few days ago. A waste of thread. This game will be in N.O. imo.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 01, 2008, 05:30:37 PM

Gruden was asked Sunday night if he knew if the game was still on or will be moved and his reply was: "I don't have any information on that. I just pray that the storm stays out at sea and that no one gets hurt. But I don't have any knowledge on that."

kmitchell

Starter

#33 : September 01, 2008, 05:30:56 PM

This is what it said on ESPN during the Fresno State game.
Games affected by Gustav...
"Saints game moved to Indianapolis. Scheduled to play the Buccaneers Sunday."

That came up at 12:50 left in the 2nd quarter.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 01, 2008, 05:31:25 PM

Six days to clean up, I think the game will be in the Superdome like it would have been had there not been Gustav.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 01, 2008, 05:32:42 PM

Well, from what I've read, Gustav didn't hit New Orleans as bad as they thought. So, possibly still in New Orleans. I'll take a wait and see approach. I think they have til Weds to make a decision.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 01, 2008, 05:34:08 PM

Somebody in the media is confused, making assumptions, misinformed, and jumping to conclusions - not that this would be a first for ESPN.  The Saints left New Orleans to get ahead of the storm and are practicing in Indianapolis.  How this turned into the game being played there should be Exhibit A of why we shouldn't believe everything we hear.  First of all, if the game had been moved there would have been a major announcement and every site would know about it.  Second, if the game is moved it would not be changed to a location that is also playing a game that night; there are plenty of other options available that would not have to deal with the difficulty of the logistics of hosting an NFL doubleheader.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#37 : September 01, 2008, 05:36:26 PM

Little damage in NO as of now with storm moving away I don't see this game being moved. Unless they feel it's unfair to fans who evacuated that they won't get to game in time. Either way I hope they play in NO!!!

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#38 : September 01, 2008, 05:40:10 PM

One of the back levees is in danger of a breach or total failure at this minute, according to the Plackman Parish official. Seems to be the biggest concern at this minute.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#39 : September 01, 2008, 05:45:36 PM

ABuccs:

Honestly, that's what I thought but someone here yesterday said the Saints were practicing in the RCA dome, so I thought maybe I was wrong and they were saving the RCA dome for something else like Soccer or concerts.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 01, 2008, 05:50:13 PM

Little damage in NO as of now with storm moving away I don't see this game being moved. Unless they feel it's unfair to fans who evacuated that they won't get to game in time. Either way I hope they play in NO!!!

It took 8-12 hours after Katrina passed before they even knew the levees had broke. Governor Jindal said New Orleans is nowhere near out of the woods.

Plus no one is allowed back into the city until Tuesday night at the earliest.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#41 : September 01, 2008, 05:54:23 PM

ABuccs:

Honestly, that's what I thought but someone here yesterday said the Saints were practicing in the RCA dome, so I thought maybe I was wrong and they were saving the RCA dome for something else like Soccer or concerts.
Saints are maybe going to practice at the RCA Dome in Indy. Haven't seen any mention of the game being played there. The Colts play the Bears that nite at Lucas Oil Field-doubt the Saints would play same day.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#42 : September 01, 2008, 05:55:53 PM

It took 8-12 hours after Katrina passed before they even knew the levees had broke. Governor Jindal said New Orleans is nowhere near out of the woods.

Plus no one is allowed back into the city until Tuesday night at the earliest.

Who's they? I remember watching 5 hours afterwards when the city started to flood. Granted they didn't know that many of the "flood walls" would break but I don't anticipate or see anything that would show a repeat in any means. Also my point is that the storms worst is over and now things are starting to receed against walls as we speak. So again I don't think playing there Sunday would be out of the question other than the fan issue of getting there!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 01, 2008, 06:00:33 PM

They said on the news just a little bit ago that people who evacuated are not permitted to return to New Orleans until Tuesday evening at the earliest.

Why? I dont know....that's just what they said. The government is being extra careful this time around.

deftbuc

Rookie
#44 : September 01, 2008, 10:39:09 PM

I hope that we play the game in New Orleans. If they switch the game to be played in Tampa then we will have 4 straight road games later on in the schedule.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Saints-Bucs game in Indianapolis! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools