Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How'd I do? « previous next »
Page: 1

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: September 02, 2008, 09:32:11 PM

Jackson is/was a stud. He hasn't been right for 2 years. I was scared away from him this season because of the groin injury he sustained this off season, then his holdout. It's like a cures, whenever a RB holds out of camp, he's injured. He may end up being a huge guy for your team, and probably will. I'm just curious who your other keeper options were?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 01, 2008, 06:13:03 PM

In a 10 keeper league, which we each keep 1 player.  We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex(RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.

My team:
QB Peyton Manning, QB Jason Campbell
RB Steven Jackson(keeper), RB Willis McGahee, RB Edge James, RB Rashard Mendenhall, RB Deuce McAllister, RB Chris Johnson
WR Chad Johnson, WR Hines Ward, WR Chris Chambers, WR Anthony Gonzalez
TE Tony Gonzalez, TE LJ Smith
K David Akers
DST Chicago

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : September 01, 2008, 06:32:39 PM

RB's are weak. Jackson will be injured all year, especially after holding out. WR's are weak Ocho Cinco will not be the Ocho Cinco of 2 or 3 years ago. Ward is way past his prime, and A. Gonzalez was only productive last season because Harrison was out. Reports out of Kansas City were T. Gonzalez was having real trouble picking up the new Chiefs offense, and he has a horrible Brody Croyle throwing him the ball.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : September 01, 2008, 07:11:21 PM

BTW, you should have handcuffed with Ray Rice and Tim Hightower

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 02, 2008, 01:46:44 PM

I think I could probably pick Tim Hightower up off the waivor wire but Ray Rice was drafted....  I totally forgot about him, but your right that would have been a good idea.  I was hoping that Mendenhall or Johnson could be surprises...

I agree that my WRs are weak.  I got Chad in 4th round though and it was either him, Torry Holt, or Steve Smith.  Since Smith is out the first 2 weeks and I didn't want 2 Rams as starters, I went with Ocho Cinco.  Yeah my WRs are horrid tho, luckily I only have to start 2 of them.

I don't think my RBs are weak tho, Not real high on McGahee or James, but still don't think I'm weak there.  Jackson is a top 5 RB, McGahee is in the top 12-15, etc.  I wanted Maurice Jones Drew, but he got picked right before me, so I went with McGahee.

we shall see.  I picked up Campbell late because 17 other QBs were gone.  He plays Dallas in week 4(Mannings Bye) and I was thinking that could be a high scoring game.  My other choice was Jeff Garcia who plays Green Bay, Vince Young who plays Minnesota, Aaron Rogers who plays Tampa Bay.  I think the Skins-Cowboys could be a high scoring match.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 03, 2008, 02:24:23 AM

I had Brett Favre, Eli Manning, Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson.....

don't remember who else, but nobody that would be fantasy rankd higher than Jackson or Portis.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : September 03, 2008, 07:25:38 AM

A. Gonzalez was only productive last season because Harrison was out.

He was productive because he's a talented WR in the Colts offense. He's going to be on the field about 75% of the time and when Harrison came back for the playoff game Gonzalez still had 79 and a TD.

And bada, drop the #2 TE and pickup Slaton.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : September 04, 2008, 01:50:49 PM

I hate to say I told you so, Ray Rice to start. I have more conficence in Garcia then I do your RB corp.

BTW, you should have kept Portis over Jackson.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 04, 2008, 04:07:57 PM

well you may be right about Portis over Jackson, but I decided to go with what many of the magazines had and every one of them had Jackson over Portis....

Plus, It is looking like McGahee could be a wasted pick, but we will see....

have to hope I maybe got a steal in Mendenhall or Johnson or maybe McAllister stays healthy...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : September 04, 2008, 04:53:00 PM

well you may be right about Portis over Jackson, but I decided to go with what many of the magazines had and every one of them had Jackson over Portis....

Plus, It is looking like McGahee could be a wasted pick, but we will see....

have to hope I maybe got a steal in Mendenhall or Johnson or maybe McAllister stays healthy...
Mendenhall looks like he can be a goof NFL back. If I were to go out on a limb, I'd say that was a knee jerk pick my the Steelers. Maybe they didn't think Parker would be coming back from the broken leg for whatever reason. Now they have 2 good backs which is great in the real world, horrible in the Fantasy world.

As far as McGahee, I was scared to death of that guy. I was hoping I wasn't going to be left in a position where I had to take him. I had 8th pick in my draft because I won the bowl last season. We draft straight no snake, so I was 8th in every round.  Westbrook, Peterson, LJ, Gore, Barber, Portis and Addai were all keepers. It wasn't looking like there would be much, but I think I made out alright.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 06, 2008, 10:46:10 PM

two words

RAY RICE
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How'd I do? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools