Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draft picks..... « previous next »
Page: 1

redtab78

Pro Bowler
ę : December 24, 2006, 07:32:22 PM Ľ

we will get a good draft pick!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

ę #1 : December 24, 2006, 07:40:52 PM Ľ

I assume this is in reference to the people who wanted to lose the rest of the games to get a better draft pick.   

We'll get a good draft pick?¬† ¬†That's what our fans were saying in 1989.¬† We had the 6th pick in the draft.¬† ¬†We won the final game of a dismal season.   Had we lost our final game, we would have had the 3rd pick.¬† ¬†People were saying we'll still get a great pick, no worries.¬† ¬†

That draft went like this:

3) Barry Sanders
4) Deion Sanders
5) Derrick Thomas
6) Broderick Thomas

And Broderick Thomas was not a bad choice at 6, it's just that the really great guys were gone.   Winning that last game was a killer.

I hope history doesnt repeat itself this year.

ę #2 : December 24, 2006, 07:43:48 PM Ľ

I assume this is in reference to the people who wanted to lose the rest of the games to get a better draft pick.   

We'll get a good draft pick?   That's what our fans were saying in 1989.  We had the 6th pick in the draft.   We won the final game of a dismal season. Had we lost our final game, we would have had the 3rd pick.   People were saying we'll still get a great pick, no worries.   

That draft went like this:

3) Barry Sanders
4) Deion Sanders
5) Derrick Thomas
6) Broderick Thomas

And Broderick Thomas was not a bad choice at 6, it's just that the really great guys were gone.   Winning that last game was a killer.

I hope history doesnt repeat itself this year.

I figured some of those that are so happy about the win today should see that in bold!!!! [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

acacius

Hall of Famer

ę #3 : December 24, 2006, 08:19:09 PM Ľ

The remarkable thing is, with Arizona and Houston winning, we may not have lost any draft position with our win today.  Before this week, Clevland had the higher SoS, meaning we'd have the tiebreaker on them.  We'll have to wait and see how it shakes out, but it should be really close either way.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draft picks..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools